Apr 3, 2014 - StaffBirths
A son was born to Chezerai and Cody Robison, of Riverton, on Nov. 26 at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 2 ounces.
A son was born to Kyli Shells, of Riverton, at 8:36 p.m. Jan. 24 at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds, 6 ounces.
A son was born to Karah and Joseph Stevens, of Riverton, at 6:15 p.m. Feb. 2 at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 8 ounces.
A daughter was born to Janelle and Mike Streeter, of Shoshoni, at 10:05 a.m. Jan. 18 at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 11 ounces.
A daughter was born to Lindsey and Ross Thornock, of Riverton, on Feb. 4 at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 7 pounds, 3 ounces.
A son was born to Stephanie Bell, of Riverton, on Feb. 13 at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds.
A daughter was born to Rayna Oldman, of St. Stephen's, and Bradlee Wadda, of Fort Washakie, at 8 a.m. Feb. 19 at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 7 pounds, 14 ounces.
A daughter was born to Antoinette Antonio, of Hardrock, Ariz., and Michael Bell, of Riverton, at 11:42 a.m. March 17, 2014, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 8 ounces.
J. Mickey Walker, 87, of Riverton died at Help for Health Hospice in Riverton onWednesday , April 2, 2014. Graveside services are Monday, April 7, at Mountain View Cemetery in Riverton, beginning at 11 a.m.
Inventors Conference is 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. The program, "From Your Garage to the Assembly Line," is geared toward assisting citizens who have an idea for an invention but are unsure of how to move forward.
"La Boheme" is at the Lander Library, 451 N. Second St., Lander. Running time is 3 hours, 25 minutes. Donations are $10 for adults and $5 students.
Gardening and Backyard Living Expo is 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Lander Valley High School, 400 Baldwin Creek Road.
There will be vendor booths, local farmers market, workshops, concessions, children's activity area and outdoor recreation expansion.
Concurrent workshops run 45 minutes each: 10 a.m., Berries of the High Plains and Gardening 101; 11 a.m., Marvelous Meals in the Mountains and Totally Tomatoes; noon, Backyard Poultry and Composting; 1 p.m., Fundamentals of Preserving Food at Home and Passionate About Perennials; and 2 p.m., Backyard Beekeeping and Wyoming Apple Project. For more information, call the Popo Agie Conservation District at 332-3114. Event is free and open to the public.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Melissa Frank from Tyson Frank. Joint custody of minor child.
Brigett D. Rogers from Ryan S. Green.
Kevin Patrick Green from Deanna J. Trumble.
Aubry Hartwell from Brandon Hartwell. Wife's former name of Ellis restored.
Sabrina J. Hoaglen from Tyler Hoaglen. Joint custody of minor children.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
Terrance WhiteAntelope, 59, of Arapahoe, was arrested for driving under the influence and open container at about 12:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 900 block of East Washington Avenue.
With him was William Topaum, 36, of Ethete, who was arrested for contempt of court.
Dominic Arthur, 45, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication at about 7:300 p.m. Wednesday at Riverton Memorial Hospital.
Ronald Brown, 47, of St. Stephens, was arrested for public intoxication at about 8:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 500 block of East Pershing Avenue.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
No arrests were recorded during this timeframe. The Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 45 calls for service.
County ambulances were dispatched 18 times, and area fire departments responded to five calls for help.
Four people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges including one for driving under the influence, two other alcohol-related charges and five misdemeanor charges.
The center currently is responsible for 151 inmates including 138 at the facility, eight in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and three elsewhere.
No humans were injured in a structure fire at about 2:20 p.m. Saturday in the 1600 block of Riverview Road. Officials said the blaze was started by a heat lamp, which was being used to keep baby chickens warm in a bathroom area in the home.
The fire was confined to one room; officials said the house sustained minor smoke damage but was livable.
The baby chickens perished in the fire.
• Grantor: BROWN CHARLIE FRANCIS, BROWN AMBER S Legal: Sub/Mine: JOHNSON 1ST ADD LA Lot: 4 Block: 1 City: LANDER Grantee: BROWN AMBER S
• Grantor: MATHSON FRANK B, MATHSON HELEN L Legal: Sub/Mine: MUSTANG MEADOWS SUB REPLAT LOTS 7 & 9 DU Lot: ... Grantee: MATHSON ROBERT F, MATHSON HELEN L
• Grantor: GRESBACK STEVEN J CO TRUSTEE, GRESBACK TOBI L CO TRUSTEE, GRESBACK FAMILY TRUST Legal: Sub/Mine: CLIFF HILLS 2ND SUB RI Lot: 27 City: RIVERTON Grantee: CROCE JOEY D, CROCE KASSANDRA K
• Grantor: APODACA RAYMOND, APODACA CARLA K Legal: Quarter: SESW Section: 11 Township: 1n Range: 4e Grantee: HOENES CHUCK, HOENES ISABELLE
• Grantor: BALTES RODNEY D, BALTES ALLETA K Legal: Sub/Mine: CECIL WOOD ADD AMENDED RI Lot: 9 Block: 8 Cit... Grantee: HALL DONALD F TRUSTEE, HALL JENNY R TRUSTEE, HALL DONALD F LIVING TRUST
• Grantor: MADSEN JOHN L, MADSEN TERESA A Legal: Sub/Mine: FOX SPRINGS SUB MI Lot: 7 City: MISCELLANEOUS Grantee: NELSON ZACHARY G
• Grantor: SCOTT MICHAEL TRUSTEE, SHEARER FAYE F TRUST Legal: Quarter: NESE Section: 2 Township: 33N Range: 100W , Quarter: SENE Section: 2 Township: 33N Range: 100W Grantee: ARTERY BRADY JOE TRUSTEE, ARTERY BRADY JOE TRUST Notes: WITH EASEMENT
• Grantor: HISER WLLIAM EUGENE, NAVARRE HISER DANA LYN Legal: Sub/Mine: FOX PARK SUB RE-SUB OF LOT 9 MI Lot: 9A City:... Grantee: ALCARAZ LARRY SR, ALCARAZ DOMINIC
• Grantor: BALTES RODNEY D, BALTES ALLETA Legal: Sub/Mine: SOUTHGLENN ADD RI Lot: 6 Block: 2 City: RIVER... Grantee: HALL DONALD F TRUSTEE, HALL JENNY R TRUSTEE, HALL DONALD F LIVING TRUST
• Grantor: MISKA ELLIOTT J, MISKA BRENDA J, WHITE CARL F, ... Legal: Sub/Mine: BURMA HILLS SUB RI Lot: 5 City: RIVERTON Grantee: ROBINSON DANIEL A, ROBINSON ALICE M
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.