TodayApr 17, 2012 Staff
In Friday's Ranger, the page five photo "Firefighters' donation" cutline should have said the money was raised for the Tough Enough to Help Cancer fund, which is managed by Help for Health.
Donald J. "Bill" Aragon, 69, of Fort Washakie, died Friday, April 6, at the Lander Regional Hospital. Traditional American Indian funeral services are at 1 p.m. Wednesday, April 18, at Rocky Mountain Hall at Fort Washakie. Interment will be in the Aragon family cemetery at Kinnear. An evening service and wake start at 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 17, at the family home, No. 42 Dead Horse Road, Fort Washakie.
RHS Band Concert is 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Gallery at Central Wyoming College, Riverton. Riverton High School instrumental band students perform festival music at this annual spring concert.
City Council Meeting is 7 p.m. at Riverton City Hall, 816 N. Federal Blvd., Riverton.
Employment Expo is 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. April 18 at Central Wyoming College. The event is a prime opportunity to network with those looking for new employment opportunities, meet individuals entering the workforce, interact with other businesses and promote your business to the community In the CWC gymnasium .
Bongo Ball Mania is noon to 10 p.m. in the Rustler Gym at Central Wyoming College.
Afternoon Readers meets at 1 p.m. at the Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park, Riverton. The book club will be discussing "The Wife's Tale" by Lori Lansens.
Eastern Shoshone Recovery Men's Sweat is 2 p.m. at the Veterans Sweat Lodge behind the Shoshone Commodity Building. For more information, call the Eastern Shoshone Recovery Office at 332-2203.
To add an event to the community calendar, please e-mail the information to email@example.com and include "community calendar"R00;in the subject line.
In Riverton police reports from Friday to Tuesday morning:
- At 12:50 p.m. on Friday, police arrested Paul Bell, 50, of Riverton, for public intoxication. The arrest happened in the 200 block of North Ninth Street.
- At 5:10 p.m. on Friday in the 200 block of North Federal Boulevard, police arrested Clowry Means, 45, of Riverton, for public intoxication and failure to appear.
- At 6:56 p.m. on Friday, police arrested James Bias, 48, of Riverton, for driving under the influence (DUI). The arrest happened in the 400 block of North 16th Street East.
- At 1:10 p.m. on Saturday, police responded to a call concerning an intoxicated driver in the 900 block of East Fremont Avenue. Subsequently, Vincent Yellowbear, 51, of Riverton, was arrested for DUI.
- At 1 a.m. on Monday in the 800 block of Yvonne Drive, police arrested Epitacio McSweeney, 20, of Riverton, for failure to appear.
- At 12:22 p.m. on Monday, police arrested Arthur Penrod, 28, of Rawlins, on a Wyoming Department of Corrections warrant. At the same time, police also arrested Tonia Abeyta-Noriega, 24, of Riverton, for interference. The arrests occurred in the 2400 block of Garnet Avenue.
- Police responded to a call at 8:49 p.m. on Monday concerning a fight in the 1000 block of East Park Avenue. Subsequently, James McKeown, 18, of Riverton, was arrested for DUI, eluding, leaving the scene of an accident, assault (domestic violence), violation of a protection order, minor under the influence, disturbing the peace and interference.
RPD Capt. Eric Murphy said when the officer arrived in the area concerning a fight in progress, he observed an individual lying in the street and a 2004 red Ford Escort traveling through the intersection at a high rate of speed.
The officer reportedly saw the driver, later identified as McKeown, hit another vehicle before attempting to leave the scene.
Murphy said McKeown continued southbound in an attempt to elude the officer.
His car started smoking and loosing speed before quitting.
Murphy said the officer could see the driver open the car door and try to exit and possibly flee on foot.
The officer stopped McKeown, who was naked from the waste down and smelled of alcohol. He was arrested and given a blanket.
The individual allegedly involved in the physical altercation with McKeown was transported by ambulance to Riverton Memorial Hospital for an evaluation.
In Fremont County Sheriff's reports from Friday to Tuesday morning:
- Allen Higinbotham, 27, of Lander, was arrested for pedestrian under the influence.
- Ralph Higinbotham, 25, of Lander, was arrested for pedestrian under the influence.
- Joshua Moore, 31, of Lander, was arrested for contempt of court.
- Jay Wells, 41, of Dubois, was arrested for burglary.
- Lester Fasthorse Sr., 54, of Montana, was arrested for contempt of court.
- During the same time period, ambulance crews responded to 62 calls for assistance and firefighters responded to nine calls.