A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Apr 17, 2014 - Staff
A son was born to Lorencia and Reno Quiver, of Fort Washakie, at 11:40 a.m. March 6, 2014, at Lander Regional Hospital. He ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
A son was born to Lorencia and Reno Quiver, of Fort Washakie, at 11:40 a.m. March 6, 2014, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 12.2 ounces.
A son was born to Stephen Rossman, of Lander, at 6:37 a.m. Feb. 28, 2014, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 5 pounds, 12 ounces.
Juanita Rose Lincoln-Lafromboise, 46, died Wednesday, April 16, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, at St. Stephen's Catholic Church with Father Phil Wagner officiating. Interment will follow at Arapahoe Catholic Cemetery.
Bunny Bolt 5k/10k 2014, sponsored by the Riverton High School Student Council, is at 8 a.m. at RHS, 2001 W. Sunset Drive. Registration is $20 for the 5k and $30 for the 10k. For more information, call Claire at 851-6507.
Riverton Food Drive is 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. in the parking lot at Safeway, 709 N. Federal Blvd. Proceeds will benefit the Riverton Community Food Bank.
Lander Easter Egg Hunt is at 9:30 a.m. at Lander City Park.
Easter Egg Hunt is at 10 a.m. at Travis Park in Shoshoni. Participants should bring their own baskets and meet at the Shoshoni Recreation District building, 97 S. Maple St. Categories include: pee wee hunt with parent help for children aged 0-2, junior hunt for children aged 3-4, pro Easter egg hunt for children aged 5-10, and town-wide scavenger hunt for children aged 11-15.
Spring Open House is 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Wind River Heritage Center, 1075 S. Federal Blvd., Riverton. Refreshments will be available from noon to 2 p.m.
Annual Big Game Banquet is 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the Inn At Lander, 260 Grandview Drive.
Easter Egg Hunt is at 1 p.m. at Jaycee Park in Riverton.
Power Toy Giveaway is at 7 p.m. at Wind River Hotel and Casino, 10269 U.S. Highway 789, Riverton.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Three people were arrested for public intoxication at about 2:15 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of East Main Street: Houston Headley, 45, of Arapahoe; Rubert Brown, 36, of Arapahoe; and Gilford Soundingsides, 33, of Arapahoe.
- Robin Blind, 33, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication at about 5:15 p.m. Wednesday in the 300 block of East Park Avenue.
- Teresa SunRhodes, 42, of Lander, was arrested for driving under the influence and attempted homicide at about 10:20 p.m. Wednesday in the 300 block of East Fremont Avenue. The incident is under investigation, and further information was unavailable from the RPD. Other officials said SunRhodes had her initial appearance in court Thursday. Meanwhile, officers reportedly are typing up their reports and interviewing witnesses.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Jordan Oldman, 21, of Riverton, was arrested on two Fremont County warrants for failure to appear at about 9:20 a.m. Wednesday in the 700 block of South Federal Boulevard in Riverton.
- William Carpenter, 35, of Riverton, was arrested for domestic violence battery and on two Fremont County warrants for contempt of court and failure to appear at about 6:45 a.m. Thursday in the 1600 block of Apodaca Street.
- Officials said a man admitted himself to Riverton Memorial Hospital at about 3 p.m. Wednesday saying he had been attacked at the Rendezvous ponds in east Riverton on Monday or Tuesday. Specifically, he said he had been stabbed in the neck with a pocket knife. Investigation into the incident revealed several portions of the report were unfounded, according to reports. The alleged victim reportedly did not have a stab wound to the neck or any other serious injuries consistent with a violent assault. Upon further questioning, the alleged victim was "not sure" what had occurred, officials said.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 47 calls for service, including one involving a motor vehicle accident. County ambulances were dispatched 13 times, and area fire departments responded to one call for help. Twelve people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including two for driving under the influence, five other alcohol-related charges, three felony charges and 15 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 154 inmates, including 142 at the facility, seven in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and four elsewhere.