A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Apr 23, 2014 - Staff
A son was born to Angela and Eric Wimber, of Riverton, at 8:10 a.m. March 14, 2014, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
A son was born to Angela and Eric Wimber, of Riverton, at 8:10 a.m. March 14, 2014, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 8 pounds, 3 ounces.
A daughter was born to Chelliey Luers and Martin Zimmerman, of Riverton, at 6:17 a.m. March 3, 2014, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 5 ounces.
Eugenia "Jeannie" Mae Groathouse, 65, of Riverton, died Sunday, April 20, in Glenrock, surrounded by family. Services will be at a later date in Yellowstone National Park.
American Legion Post 84 Stand Down is April 25 and April 26 at 4 Great Plains Road, Arapahoe. For more information, call Martin Blackburn at 851-4487 or Cherokee Brown at 349-0642.
Bike and Safety Rodeo, sponsored by Injury Prevention Resources, is April 21 to April 25 at Gannett Peak Elementary School, 863 Sweetwater St., Lander. The primary purpose of the Safety Rodeos is to teach children and their parents what they can do to reduce the risk of injury.
Wild and Scenic Film Festival is 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Pronghorn Lodge, Monarch Hall Conference Center, 150 E. Main St., Lander. A reception with a cash bar will be 6:15 p.m. to 9 p.m. Advance tickets are $8 for adults, $4 for children under 12. Regular tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for students and children under 12. The tickets include a one-year membership to the Wyoming Outdoor Council. Advance tickets are available in Lander at Wild Iris Mountain Sports, 166 Main St., or the Wyoming Outdoor Council, 262 Lincoln St.
Family Movie Night is at 6 p.m. in the activity room at the Dubois Library, 202 N. First St., Dubois.
Poetry Open Mic is at 6:30 p.m. in the Carnegie Room at the Lander Library, 451 N. Second St., Lander. The night is part of the One County/Many Voices series. Event is free and open to the public.
Jazz Night II is at 7:30 p.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theater at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Guy Soundingsides, 26, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence, no driver's license and on a warrant for failure to appear at about 9:20 a.m. Tuesday on Birch Avenue. With him was Carmella Driftwood, 26, of Riverton, who was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court, and Ronald Loneman, 55, of Ethete, who was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear.
- Myron Nipwater, 36, of Lander, was arrested for probation revocation at about 4:40 p.m. Tuesday in the 300 block of North Broadway Avenue.
- Paul Bell, 52, of St. Stephen's, was arrested for public intoxication at about 4:50 p.m. Tuesday at the Center of Hope detoxification facility.
- Charles Jones, 33, of Pavillion, was arrested for driving under the influence with a blood-alcohol content of .15 at about 11:15 p.m. Tuesday in the 1000 block of West Main Street.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Michael Widick, 41, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for aggravated assault and battery at about 2:10 p.m. Tuesday on A Gaw Bombe Lane in Fort Washakie. Officials said he was identified as the suspect in an incident that was reported at about 9:15 p.m. Saturday from the 1500 block of East Monroe Avenue in Riverton. According to reports, Widick "barged into" a home in the area saying that he was going to "slit everyone." Several men in the residence were able to "coax" Widick outside, where he reportedly pulled out a fixed-blade knife. Reports state Widick tried to attack one of the men several times before fleeing the area. No injuries were reported. A witness reportedly identified Widick, and a warrant was issued for his arrest.
- The FCSO is investigating a two-vehicle crash that was reported at about 11 a.m. Tuesday on Wyoming Highway 789 north of Riverton. No one was injured, according to initial reports, which state the accident involved a white flatbed and a gold Toyota.