TodayApr 29, 2014 Staff
A son was born to Chelsi Stark and Levi Parrill, of Lander, at 3:39 a.m. March 26, 2014, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 8 ounces.
A son was born to Doreen and Francisco Pereda, of Arapahoe, at 3:39 a.m. March 18, 2014, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 5 pounds, 4 ounces.
Tari Poston Lewis, 68, of Rock Springs and Lander, died Wednesday, April 21, at the University of Utah Hospital in Salt Lake City. Per her request, cremation has taken place. A celebration of life service will be at 1 p.m. June 21 at the Lander Volunteer Fire Department's drill field in Lander City Park.
Earl "Shorty" Reinert, 77, of Shoshoni, died Sunday, April 27, at his home. A celebration of life service will be at 3 p.m. Saturday, May 3, at the Senior Citizen Center in Shoshoni.
Veterans Assistance is 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Riverton VA Clinic, 2300 Rose Lane.
World Book Night is 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Library Community Center, 90 Ethete Road, Fort Washakie. The event will involve a discussion of participants' favorite graphic novels. The night is part of the One County/Many Voices series. Event is free and open to the public.
Pathways to Wellness, sponsored by the Eastern Shoshone Tribal Health, is 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Rocky Mountain Hall in Fort Washakie. A run will be at 9 a.m. and a walk will start at 10 a.m. Lunch will be served at noon. The event includes a treasure hunt, informational speakers and booths, door prizes, activities and a special health seminar.
Bike and Safety Rodeo, sponsored by Injury Prevention Resources, is at 12:30 p.m. at St Stephen's Indian School, 128 Mission Road. The primary purpose of the Safety Rodeos is to teach children and their parents what they can do to reduce the risk of injury.
Kindergarten Music Program is at 6 p.m. in the gym at Aspen Park Elementary, Riverton.
Lander Middle School Choir Concert is at 7 p.m. at Lander Valley High School, 400 Baldwin Creek Road.
Student Art Show Reception is at 6 p.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. Winners of the juried art show will be announced. Event is open to the public.
In Riverton Police Department reports Friday through Tuesday morning:
- Marian Romero, 50, of Denver, was arrested for disturbing the peace at about 7:45 pm. Sunday at the Center of Hope, 223 W. Adams Ave.
- Junior RedHouse, 55, of Casper, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 9:15 p.m. Sunday in the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Dominic FightingBear, 37, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication at about 9:40 p.m. Sunday in the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Raymond Brewton, 49, of Riverton, was arrested for domestic violence at about 10:45 p.m. Sunday in the 100 block of North Broadway Avenue.
- Nellie SittingEagle, 29, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 11:20 p.m. Monday at the intersection of Riverview Road and Major Avenue. With her was Ray Moore, 48, of Nashville, Tenn., who was arrested on a felony warrant out of Tennessee.
- Delmer Duran, 45, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication and disturbing the peace at about 9:30 p.m. Monday in the 500 block of East Park Avenue.
- Cody Armajo, 27, of Ethete, was arrested for larceny, use of methamphetamine and breach of peace at about 4:50 p.m. onday in the 100 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Donald Smith, 50, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 12:50 p.m. Monday in the 500 block of East Pershing Avenue.
- Steven Oldman, 24, of Riverton, was arrested for use of methamphetamine at about 12:15 p.m. Monday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Clayton Bell, 22, of Arapahoe, was arrested for disturbing the peace and on a warrant for contempt of court.
- Starla Ramirez, 29, of Riverton, was arrested for interference. With her was Cody Jolley, 23, of Riverton, who was arrested on a Natrona County warrant.
- Pamela Adkins, 52, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court.
- Dustin Gourdeaux, 24, of Lander, was arrested for battery.
- Nathan Groesbeck, 38, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant out of Yellowstone County in Montana.
- Alfred Spoonhunter, 21, of Arapahoe, was arrested for domestic violence and public intoxication with a blood-alcohol content of .31.
- Misti Duran, 20, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court.
- Glorietta FightingBear, 30, of Riverton, was arrested for use of methamphetamine and child endangering.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Charles Geboe, 43, of Riverton, was arrested for probation revocation.
- Joshua Hensel, 29, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear.
- William Jacobs, 19, of Lander, was arrested for probation violation at about 11:20 p.m. Friday in the 1600 block of North Smith Road. The initial call was regarding intoxication.
- Kenneth Lapeyre, 23, of Dubois, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear at about 12:30 p.m. Sunday in the 400 block of Roosevelt Street in Dubois.
- Rock Smith, 55, of St. Stephen's, was arrested for driving under the influence.
- John Teague, 71, of Pavillion, was arrested for driving under the influence and failure to maintain his lane at about 9:45 p.m. Friday on East Pavillion Road.
- Toni Thomas, 41, of Arapahoe, was arrested for driving under the influence.
- Dustin Goudreaux, 24, of Lander, was arrested at about 12:15 a.m. Saturday in the 1000 block of East Monroe Avenue for reportedly being an intoxicated pedestrian on the roadway. Officials said he was "taunting" traffic while walking along the road; he was found to be highly intoxicated.
- No injuries were reported after a one-vehicle accident at about 12:30 p.m. Monday on Meadow Road in Lander. According to reports, a distracted driver drove her vehicle off of the road and through an empty ditch in the area.
- Deputies investigated a two-vehicle accident involving a Riverton Police Department patrol cruiser at about 6:45 p.m. Saturday in the 400 block of East Park Avenue. No one was injured in the incident, which reportedly involved three children between the ages of 2 and 6; all of the children were secured into car seats. According to reports, Kendra R. C'Bearing, born in 1988, was driving a silver 2002 Pontiac Bonneville north on North Fifth Street East when she stopped at the intersection with East Park Avenue. Officer Sara Lowe reportedly was driving her white 2012 Ford Expedition eastbound on East Park Avenue. As Lowe passed through the intersection with North Fifth Street East, C'Bearing reportedly accelerated and struck the RPD cruiser in the center of the back axle. Officials said both vehicles came to rest in the center of the intersection. C'Bearing was cited for no driver's license, failure to maintain liability insurance and failure to yield at a stop sign; her vehicle reportedly was towed from the scene by Specialty Towing. The cruiser was removed by Hague's Towing; damage to the vehicles reportedly exceeded $1,000.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 172 calls for service, including five involving motor vehicle accidents with one reporting injuries. County ambulances were dispatched 60 times, and area fire departments responded to 13 calls for help. Thirty-two people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including five for driving under the influence, six other alcohol-related charges, three felony charges and 40 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 126 inmates, including 114 at the facility, nine in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and two elsewhere.