News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Apr 30, 2014 - Staff
A son was born to Brittney Little Whiteman, of Riverton, at 3:53 p.m. March 24, 2014, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 8 pounds.
A daughter was born to Ambrosia Antelope and Julian Spoonhunter, of Lander, at 4:44 a.m. March 24, 2014, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 4 pounds, 15 ounces.
Robert L. Jackson, 96, of Lander, died Saturday, April 26, at Kindred Nursing and Rehabilitation-Wind River. Services will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, May 3, at Chapel of Mount Hope, Hudson's Funeral Home.
Walter C. "Carl" Melton, 77, died Monday, April 28, at Kindred Nursing and Rehabilitation-Wind River in Riverton. Cremation has taken place, and there will be no services.
Annual Wyoming Artists Association Convention is May 2 to May 4 at the Headwaters Arts and Conference Center, 20 Stalnaker St., Dubois. The theme for this year's event is "Come Fly With Me."
Bike and Safety Rodeo, sponsored by Injury Prevention Resources, is at Shoshoni Elementary School. The primary purpose of the Safety Rodeos is to teach children and their parents what they can do to reduce the risk of injury.
Potters of the Wind River Mother's Day Show and Sale is 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Coalter Loft, 126 Main St., Lander.
United Tribes Club Spring Social Powwow is at 6 p.m. at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. For more information, call 855-2285.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Deborah Cunningham, 59, of Riverton, was arrested for interference. With her was Marc Cunningham, 34, of Riverton, who was arrested for bond revocation.
- Dana Spang, 35, of St. Stephen's, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear.
- Star Goggles, 31, of Fort Washakie, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Anderson Darwin Antelope, 31, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence, no driver's license and no insurance at about 2:45 p.m. Tuesday in the 1000 block of South Second Street in Lander.
- Dale Glenn Bisbee, 19, of Riverton, was arrested on a court order.
- No one was seriously injured when a 16-year-old Riverton boy reportedly drove his car into the back of a stopped vehicle at about 4 p.m. Tuesday in the 4300 block of Airport Road. According to reports, the vehicle that was rear-ended had stopped for a school bus. A full report and citations are pending.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 55 calls for service, including two involving motor vehicle accidents reporting property damage. County ambulances were dispatched 18 times, and area fire departments were dispatched nine times. Eleven people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including three for driving under the influence and 19 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 127 inmates, including 113 at the facility, 10 in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and three elsewhere.
- Grantor: VINCENT THOMAS K, VINCENT DEVANY M, VINCENT JOHN R, ... Legal: Sub/Mine: LOGAN PARK 1ST ADD RI Lot: 5 Block: 5 City: R... Grantee: CHANCELLOR RICKI
- Grantor: MARSH SHIRLEY MAE Legal: Half: E Quarter: SE Section: 18 Township: 33N Range: 99W , Sub/Mine: BALDWIN ESTATES ADD LA City: LANDER Grantee: MARSH SHIRLEY MAE, MERRILL DEANN
- Grantor: PAULSON GARY L TRUSTEE, PAULSON GARY L TRUST Legal: Sub/Mine: BALDWIN COON ADD LA Lot: 1 Block: 78 City: LA..., Sub/Mine: BALDWIN COON ADD LA Lot: 2 Block: 78 City: LA..., Sub/Mine: BALDWIN COON ADD LA Lot: 3 Block: 78 City: LA..., ... Grantee: HUNKER LOUISA M, STORM NICHOLAS C
- Grantor: SPRIGGS PAUL E JR Legal: Quarter: NESW Section: 13 Township: 33N Range: 100W Grantee: BOCHE KATHERINE DIANE, BOCHE MOREY L
- Grantor: SMITHBAKER JOHN J, SMITHBAKER TRACEY M Legal: Sub/Mine: LANDER ORIGINAL TOWN OF LA Lot: 11 Block: 31 ..., Sub/Mine: LANDER ORIGINAL TOWN OF LA Lot: 12 Block: 31 ..., Sub/Mine: PATTENS ADD LA Lot: 11 Block: 31 City: LANDER, ... Grantee: SEEFELDT VICTOR A, SEEFELDT KAREN K
- Grantor: HOUSE CAROL M Legal: Quarter: NW Section: 19 Township: 1N Range: 4E , Section: 19 Township: 1N Range: 4E Remarks: TRACT A, Quarter: NWNW Section: 19 Township: 1N Range: 4E Grantee: HOUSE CAROL M TRUSTEE, HOUSE CAROL M LIVING TRUST Notes: WITH EASEMENT
- Grantor: HOUSE CAROL M Legal: Quarter: SESW Section: 29 Township: 1N Range: 4E Grantee: HOUSE CAROL M TRUSTEE, HOUSE CAROL M LIVING TRUST
- Grantor: PODOLL EDWARD STEVEN , PODOLL LISA CHRISTINE Legal: Sub/Mine: BERLIN 1ST ADD RI Lot: 15 Block: 9 City: RIVE... Grantee: REMACLE ETHAN, ROMACLE SARAH
- Grantor: MASON AMY SUE Legal: Sub/Mine: NORTH HEIGHTS ADD DU Lot: 11 Block: 19 City: ..., Sub/Mine: NORTH HEIGHTS ADD DU Lot: 12 Block: 19 City: ... Grantee: ASH ANDREW D & LINDA W ASH REVOCABLE LIVING TRUST, ASH ANDREW D TRUSTEE, ASH LINDA W TRUSTEE
- Grantor: MORTENSON FRANCES D, MORTENSON FRANCES DENISE, MORTENSON PERKINS FRANCES D TRUSTEE, ... Legal: Sub/Mine: PLEASANT VIEW ADD RI Lot: 7 Block: 5 City: RI..., Sub/Mine: PLEASANT VIEW ADD RI Lot: 8 Block: 5 City: RI... Grantee: THORNBERRY BRYCE C
- Grantor: HINKLE DAVID TRUSTEE, HINKLE DAVID REVOCABLE LIVING TRUST Legal: Quarter: SWNW Section: 35 Township: 1N Range: 4E Grantee: LCJ PROPELTIES LLC
- Grantor: LAIRD JASON Legal: Sub/Mine: GOLDEN WILLOW SUB MI Lot: 1 City: MISCELLANEOUS Grantee: LAIRD JASON H, LAIRD CRYSTAL S
- Groom: MANZANARES DALLAS CLAUDE SR Bride: WILSON WILLOW SHERRAL
- Groom: TOOMEY LANCE KARLSON Bride: JONES KAREN DEE
- Groom: MEDICINE CLOUD GARRETT REX SR Bride: WALLOWING BULL AUTUMN SKYE
- Groom: GUERRERO OSCAR Bride: CANTU MARIA FRANSISCA