News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
May 2, 2014 - Staff
A daughter was born to Ambrosia Antelope and Julian Spoonhunter, of Lander, at 4:46 a.m. March 24, 2014, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 5 pounds 13 ounces.
A son was born to Angie and Caleb Stephen, of Lander, at 10:15 p.m. March 26, 2014, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 5.6 ounces.
Billie Arlene Shoopman, 83, died Monday, April 28, at Morning Star Manor in Fort Washakie. Services will be at 9 a.m. Saturday, May 3, at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on Elizabeth Drive in Riverton, with burial to follow at the Hilltop Cemetery in Thermopolis.
Annual Wyoming Artists Association Convention is May 2 to May 4 at the Headwaters Arts and Conference Center, 20 Stalnaker St., Dubois. The theme for this year's event is "Come Fly With Me."
Awards Night is 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Riverton High School.
City Council Meeting is at 7 p.m. at Riverton City Hall, 816 N. Federal Blvd., Riverton.
Spring Private Pesticide User School is 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Fremont County Extension Office, 450 N. Second St., 325A, Lander. For more information, call Ron Cunningham at 332-2363. The school is free.
Live from the Dennison Lodge: Karen Savoca with Pete Heitzman is at 7 p.m. May 6 at the Dennison Lodge, 909 W. Ramshorn, Dubois. Tickets are $12.
Riverton Middle School Spring Band Concert is at 7 p.m. at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Nina LittleShield, 48, of St. Stephen's, was arrested for driving under the influence with a blood-alcohol content of .34 at about 9:30 p.m. Thursday in the 400 block of East Sunset Drive.
- Theda Monroe, 54, of Ethete, was arrested for public intoxication with a blood-alcohol content of .27 at about 6:40 p.m. Thursday at the skate park in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Taylor Nagle, 20, of Riverton, was arrested on a courtesy hold for probation and parole at about 1:45 p.m. Thursday in the 600 block of East Madison Avenue.
- A 24-year-old Arapahoe man was issued a citation for possession of a controlled substance (hash oil) at about 9:30 a.m. Thursday at an apartment in the 2600 block of Peck Avenue.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Fincillius Jorgenson, 24, of Fort Washakie, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear at about 8:30 a.m. Thursday in the 400 block of Railroad Street in Lander.
- Michael Pingatore, 28, of Hudson, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for probation revocation at about 11:30 p.m. Thursday in the 100 block of South Main Street in Hudson.
- Ty Roush, 27, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for probation revocation at about 1:30 p.m. Thursday in the 800 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Toni Thomas, 41, of Lander, was arrested for bond violation.
- Matthew Whiteplume, 31, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear at about 2:20 p.m. Thursday in the 100 block of Norkok Street in Fort Washakie.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 68 calls for service. County ambulances were dispatched 10 times, and area fire departments responded to one call for help. Eleven people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including two for driving under the influence, two other alcohol-related charges, one felony charge and 12 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 130 inmates, including 116 at the facility, 10 in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and three elsewhere.
- Grantor: MORRIS WILLIAM JR Legal: Sub/Mine: SWITZERLAND PARK 1ST ADD DU Lot: 1 Block: 5 C..., Sub/Mine: SWITZERLAND PARK 1ST ADD DU Lot: 2 Block: 5 C... Grantee: TERRY RANDALL G, TERRY WENDY W
- Grantor: STEWART MICHAEL RAY, STEWART PAULA RAE Legal: Sub/Mine: HUDSON ORIGINAL TOWN OF HU Lot: 6 Block: 62 C..., Sub/Mine: HUDSON ORIGINAL TOWN OF HU Lot: 7 Block: 62 C..., Sub/Mine: HUDSON ORIGINAL TOWN OF HU Lot: 8 Block: 62 C..., ... Grantee: RIVERSIDE RV STORAGE LLC
- Grantor: DAMMEN DARWIN K, DAMMEN CAROL J Legal: Sub/Mine: SPRIGGS 3RD ADD LA Lot: 28 Block: 8 City: LAN... Grantee: SMITH CAROL L
- Grantor: PRK LLC Legal: Sub/Mine: DILLON VISTA SUB LA Lot: 3 Block: 1 City: LAN..., Sub/Mine: DILLON VISTA SUB LA Lot: 4 Block: 1 City: LAN... Grantee: WIND RIVER COMMUNITY CHURCH OF THE CHRISTIAN & MISSIONARY...
- Grantor: JEVNE PAUL, JEVNE TARA Legal: Sub/Mine: INDIAN LOOKOUT FIFTH SUBDIVISION LA Lot: 7 Blo... Grantee: OMAN DENNIS W, OMAN VICKIE L
- Grantor: JONES AMY Legal: Sub/Mine: RITTERBUSH 1ST ADD RI Lot: 9 Block: 2 City: R..., Sub/Mine: RITTERBUSH 1ST ADD RI Lot: 10 Block: 2 City: ... Grantee: MARRINGTON ROBERT D, MARRINGTON SUSAN C
- Groom: SANTOS URBINA MARCO ANTONIO Bride: BAGGETT KAMI ILENE Notes: GROOM'S LAST NAME IS SANTOS URBINA
- Groom: BLACKBURN MARTIN MICHAEL Bride: FIENHOLD JENNIFER LYNNE
- Groom: LIEDY AUSTIN DANIEL Bride: SHOULTZ KALA LIEGH
- Groom: MARTINSEN KENNETH LEROY JR Bride: MALONE MARLA LEE
- Groom: HAMMOND BRADLEY VIRGIL Bride: LAMB KRISTY LEE
- Groom: ROBINSON DANIEL LISLE Bride: MCDONALD NANCY GAIL
- Groom: WYANT JERIME DANE Bride: ROWLES REBECCA ELLEN
- Groom: MARTIN TERRANCE ROBERT Bride: HAYS KAREN DORIE MARIE
- Groom: TOOMEY LANCE KARLSON Bride: JONES KAREN DEE
- Groom: BENITEZ J FELIX CORAL Bride: HILLMER LISA ANNE
- Groom: SANTOS URBINA MARCO ANTONIO Bride: BAGGETT KAMI ILENE