TodayMay 20, 2014 Staff
On Friday and Sunday in The Ranger, the page one stories "Election filing period opens; 19 residents submit interest" and "Campbell challenged in H.D.; two file vs. Case for state senate" should have said three Republican incumbents have filed for Wyoming House of Representatives races.
Ann G. Clark, 62, died Saturday, May 10, at Methodist Le Bonheur Germantown Hospital in Germantown, Tenn. Memorial services are pending.
Alice Marie Bisbee, 63, died Sunday, May 18, at home with her family at her side. Per her request, there will be no services.
Patsy R. Meyer, 84, of Riverton, died Monday, May 19, at home surrounded by family. Visitation will be 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday, May 20, at Davis Funeral Home. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday, May 21, at Trinity Lutheran Church with Pastor David Magruder officiating. Cremation will follow.
Larry D. Pradmore, 62, died Sunday, May 18, at SageWest Health Care at Riverton. Cremation has taken place, and a celebration of life service will be at a later date.
Kathleen Ann Slattery, 69, died after a lengthy battle with cancer Friday, May 2, in Topeka, Kan. A memorial service will be at 7 p.m. Saturday, May 25, at Saint Andrew Catholic Church in Wright, Kan.
Wyoming Search and Rescue Council Semi-Annual Meeting is at 8 a.m. at The Inn at Lander, 260 Grandview Drive.
Wind River Institute Talk is at 7 p.m. in the community room at the Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park Ave. For more information, call the library at 856-3556.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Louis Oldman, 25, of Riverton, was arrested for disturbing the peace at about 2:10 p.m. May 11 in the 3000 block of College Hill Drive. Reports state he was "beating up" and choking a woman; several children were in the home.
- Blake Armajo, 25, of Riverton, was arrested for domestic violence assault at about 3:30 p.m. May 13 on Fir Street. With him was Angela Spotted Elk, 20, of Ethete, who was arrested for simple assault when she reportedly tried to punch an emergency medical responder.
- Tashina Birdshead, 32, of St. Stephen's, was arrested for probation revocation at about 9:15 a.m. Friday in the 300 block of North Broadway.
- A man was taken to the Center of Hope at about 10:15 a.m. Friday after he reportedly passed out behind a store in the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Rachel Antelope, 31, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence, driving under suspension, possession of meth and possession of marijuana at about 11:15 a.m. Friday in the 20000 block of North Federal Boulevard. With her was Loni Warren, 32, of St. Stephen's, who was arrested for possession of meth and marijuana and on a warrant for failure to appear. Reports state the two were headed south on Federal with ziplock baggies of meth and marijuana in their possession.
- Patrick Arthur, 32, of Arapahoe, was arrested for filing a false report at about noon Friday in the 600 block of North Federal Boulevard. He reportedly came into the RPD stating that his mother had fraudulently charged $1,285 to his debit card. He later said he had made the charges and had made the false report in an attempt to get his mother in trouble. His blood-alcohol content reportedly was .17 at the time.
- Roberta Clements, 49, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 3 p.m. Friday in the 600 block of East Madison Avenue.
- Kristen Behan, 27, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a Natrona County warrant at about 7:20 p.m. Friday in the 600 block fo East Fremont Avenue.
- Aaron Tindall, 26, of Lander, was arrested for driving under the influence, eluding police and no driver's license at about 10:45 p.m. Friday in the 200 block of West Main Street. He reportedly had a blood-alcohol content of .22. The officer said she attempted to pull him over, but he continued driving for several blocks then pulled into an alleyway to park behind some cars. She said she felt he was making evasive actions to get away from her.
- Jonathan Davis, 31, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence with a .22 blood-alcohol content at about 2:10 p.m. Saturday in the 500 block of South Smith Road.
- Katera Jenkins, 32, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication and resisting arrest at about 9:30 p.m. Saturday in the 300 block of Spires Drive. Police responded to the area for reports that several juvenile girls were throwing rocks at cars. When officials tried to look for the teenagers, they reportedly found Jenkins and another woman in a vehicle with their chairs reclined.
"It looked like they were attempting to hide from the officers," RPD Capt. Eric Murphy said.
When officers contacted the women, Jenkins reportedly gave false information about her date of birth, and she "twisted away" from officers when they attempted to handcuff her.
"They ended up having to take her down to the ground," Murphy said.
- A 21-year-old Arapahoe man was issued a citation for disorderly conduct at about 2:50 a.m. Sunday in the 500 block of North Second Street East and taken to the Center of Hope. He reportedly was part of a group of people "partying" in the front yard of a home in the area.
- Ronald Benally, 42, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for possession of meth and marijuana with a blood-alcohol content of .21 at about 9 a.m. Sunday in the 400 block of South Federal Boulevard. He reportedly was being disorderly.
- Ronald Brown, 48, of St. Stephen's, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 10:15 a.m. Sunday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Alexandra Sinclair, 20, of Riverton, was arrested for possession of methamphetamine at about 12:45 p.m. Sunday in the Walmart parking lot, 1733 N. Federal Blvd.
- Dawson Smith, 29, of Ethete, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 5 p.m. Sunday in the 900 block of Mary Anne Drive.
- Delphine Charging, 45, of Ethete, was arrested for felony driving under the influence and driving under suspension with a blood-alcohol content of .26 at about 7:30 p.m. Sunday in the 700 block of East Fremont Avenue. Initial reports state a woman in a gray Dodge passenger car was screaming, "Call 911 my mom is intoxicated and driving."
- Robert Richards, 37, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 1:15 a.m. Monday in the600 block of Spencer Street. He reportedly was walking in the middle of the street "yelling and making strange noises."
- Tonya Moss, 36, of Ethete, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 8:15 a.m. Monday in the 600 block of West Main Street. A 17-year-old boy also was arrested on warrants.
- Garrett MedicineCloud, 29, of Hudson, was arrested for probation revocation after a traffic stop at about 7:15 p.m. Monday in the 1300 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Richard Whiteman, 24, of Ethete, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 1:30 a.m. Tuesday.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Tonya Duran, 37, of Ethete, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for probation revocation at about 3:15 p.m.. Friday in the 100 block of Norkok Street in Fort Washakie.
- James Hallett, 43, of Riverton, was arrested on three Fremont County warrants for contempt of court at about 6:50 p.m. Friday in Lander.
- A 22-year-old woman was issued a misdemeanor citation for controlled substances at about 10:40 p.m. Friday on West Ramshorn Street in Dubois.
- A 38-year-old Riverton man called police at about 4:45 a.m. Saturday from the Lander Cutoff Road on South Pass requesting an ambulance to treat a gunshot wound he had suffered. When deputies arrived the man reportedly indicated he had been purposely shot by another man in the area of the Dutch Joe Ranger Station, which is in Sublette County. The case is being investigated by the Sublette County Sheriff's Office.
- Matthew Thunder, 22, of Fort Washakie, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear at about 8:45 a.m. Sunday in the 900 block of East Monroe Avenue. Deputies said they responded to reports that Thunder was "talking about gangs and brandishing a firearm." The man reportedly was found hiding behind a garbage Dumpster. Deputies also found a .25 caliber firearm nearby; Thunder reportedly was wearing a holster for the firearm, and he also was wearing items associated with gang activity.
- Andelee Charginghawk, 22, of Douglas, was arrested on one Fremont County warrant for contempt of court and two Fremont County warrants for probation revocation.