TodayMay 27, 2014 Staff
In Thursday's Ranger, the page on story "Another HD 33 candidate files; Lummis is in" should have said Mike Bailey of Riverton filed Monday for the four-year Ward 3 position currently held by Richard Gard, who is running for mayor.
A daughter was born to Latisha Monroe and Clarence Moss, of Riverton, at 11:06 p.m. April 19, 2014, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 6 ounces.
June Eileen (Large) Juschka, 90, died Sunday, May 18, at Davis Hospice Center in Cheyenne, surrounded by family. Funeral services were Saturday, May 24, at the First Christian Church in Wheatland, with Pastor Andy Gudahl officiating. Interment was in the Wheatland Cemetery.
Otho J. Kisling, 99, of Riverton, died Monday, May 26, at Help for Health Hospice Home in Riverton. Services will be at a later date.
Wyoming Health Fairs is 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. at the Central Wyoming College Lander Center, 427 Main St.
Bike and Safety Rodeo, sponsored by Injury Prevention Resources, is at 8 a.m. at Ashgrove School, Riverton. The primary purpose of the Safety Rodeos is to teach children and their parents what they can do to reduce the risk of injury.
Wyoming Health Fairs is 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. in the Intertribal Center at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Charlotte Whiteman, 29, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for disturbing the peace at about 1:30 a.m. Friday in the 700 block of Eagle Drive.
- David Gutierrez-Martin, 18, of Riverton, was arrested for underage drinking, trespass and interfering with a peace officer at about 7 p.m. Friday in the 2600 block of Peck Avenue.
- Lionel Brown, 46, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 7 p.m. Friday at SageWest Health Care at Riverton.
- Aileen Addison, 22, of Riverton, was arrested for child endangering at about 2 a.m. Saturday in the 500 block of East Main Street.
- Lauren Ceasar, 25, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 3 a.m. Saturday in the 500 block of East Main Street.
- Roy Reignier, 46, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant at about 8:20 a.m. Saturday in the 1000 block of East Roosevelt Avenue. With him was Shane Duran, 28, of Riverton, and Jerome C'Hair, 52, of St. Stephen's, both of whom were arrested on municipal warrants.
- Marcus Gardner, 44, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for probation revocation at about 12:40 p.m. Saturday in the 500 block of North Broadway Avenue.
- Shadow Guina, 29, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for battery at about 11 p.m. Saturday in the 500 block of East Main Street. With him was Rana Mandan, 35, of Riverton, who was arrested for domestic battery and vandalism, and Sydney Willow, 31, of Riverton, who was arrested for domestic battery, vandalism and battery.
- A 48-year-old Fort Washakie woman and a 50-year-old Fort Washakie man both were issued misdemeanor citations for possession of a controlled substance (marijuana) at about 3:50 a.m. Sunday in the 1600 block of North Federal Boulevard. They were released with their promise to appear in court at a later date.
- Maurice Duran, 21, of Arapahoe, was arrested for possession of a controlled substance (marijuana) and on a municipal warrant at about 1:30 p.m. Sunday in the 300 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Patsy Tidzump, 47, of Lander, was arrested for possession of a controlled substance (marijuana) at about 2 p.m. Monday in the 2500 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- David Lain, 23, of Riverton, was arrested for probation revocation 10:30 p.m. Monday in the 700 block of North Second Street West.
- Christopher SunRhodes, 60, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 10:45 p.m. Monday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Rik Cox, 48, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant at about 11:45 p.m. Monday in the 800 block of East Fremont Avenue.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Davene Guina, 38, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 6:45 p.m. Friday in the 12600 block of Wyoming Highway 789 just west of Shoshoni. Reports state Guina was driving a vehicle that "spun out" and hit a guard rail. No injuries were reported; Guina was the lone occupant of the vehicle.
- Deborah Hanna, 52, of Riverton, was arrested for breach of peace at about 1:30 p.m. Saturday in the 11500 block of U.S. Highway 26 in Kinnear. Initial reports state she was "drunk in the store."
- Deputies responded to assist the Wind River Police Department with a reported weapon offense at about 2:30 p.m. Saturday in the 400 block of Left Hand Ditch Road. When deputies arrived at the scene, they found the WRPD had detained Dashawn Lipscomb, 32, of Colorado Springs, Colo. Lipscomb reportedly refused to give his name for several hours; when he finally did, officials found there was a bond revocation warrant for his arrest out of Laramie County. Lipscomb is not an enrolled tribal member and so was turned over to deputies; he was detained in the Fremont County Detention Center. The investigation regarding the weapons offense is being investigated by the WRPD and the Federal Bureau of Investigation; the FCSO has no further information.
- A 19-year-old man reportedly suffered burns after falling into a bonfire at about 9:45 p.m. Saturday on Eight Mile Road in Riverton. Deputies assisted ambulance crews with the accident; the incident was not investigated further.
- Two 16-year-old girls were issued citation for underage consumption of alcohol at about 12:15 a.m. Sunday in the 10300 block of Wyoming Highway 789 just south of Riverton. The Wind River Police Department made the report; the juveniles were released to their parents.
- No one was injured in a two-vehicle accident at about 9:20 a.m. Sunday on Spring Mountain in Dubois. Less than $1,000 in damage was reported.
- Louis Oldman, 25, of Riverton, was admitted to SageWest Health Care at Riverton after being involved in a one-vehicle accident at about 10:30 a.m. Monday at the intersection of South Sixth Street East and Fairgrounds Drive. A deputy reportedly saw Oldman fail to negotiate the curve at the intersection; the white 2004 Hyundai reportedly collided with a fence and outbuilding at the Fremont County Fairgrounds. Officials said Oldman as the sole occupant of the sedan. He reportedly said he was using air duster before the collision. The investigating deputy reportedly obtained a sample of Oldman's blood; the results of blood testing and the investigation will be sent to the Fremont County Attorney's Office for review of charges. Officials said the fence was destroyed in the accident, while the building sustained cosmetic damage and was not penetrated.
- A 19-year-old man was cited for minor in possession of alcohol at about 3:30 p.m. Monday at Fremont Bay west of Shoshoni. With him was a 21-year-old man who was cited for furnishing alcohol to a minor.
- Deputies made contact with the occupants of a vehicle that were the subject of a call about public urination at about 5 p.m. Monday in the 3100 block of Sinks Canyon Road above Lander. According to initial reports, subjects got out of a teal Chevy Blazer and urinated "in front of crowds." The car reportedly headed to Lander. Deputies said the driver of the vehicle was sober; the passenger reportedly urinated on the side of the road when another vehicle drove by.
- No one was injured in a vehicle-vs.-deer accident at about 12:50 a.m. Tuesday at the intersection of Wyoming Highway 789 and Honor Farm Road north of Riverton. Officials said the vehicle sustained more than $1,000 in damage.
- Thomas Surrell, 22, of Ethete, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 6:30 a.m. Tuesday on Gabes Road in Kinnear. He reportedly was "slumped over" the steering wheel.
- Sam Willcox, 24, of Lander, was arrested on a Fremont county warrant for probation revocation.
- Mathew Schmidt, 18, of Casper, was arrested on two Fremont County warrants for probation revocation.