A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
May 28, 2014 - Staff
A daughter was born to Adelle and Elder Najera, of Riverton, at 1:54 p.m. April 14, 2014, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
A daughter was born to Adelle and Elder Najera, of Riverton, at 1:54 p.m. April 14, 2014, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 10 ounces.
A son was born to Randee and Sergio Ramos, of Riverton, at 8:03 a.m. April 14, 2014, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 11 ounces.
Barton K. "Bart" Bakker, 50, formerly of Riverton, died Friday, May 2, in Mission Hills, Calif. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, May 31, at Riverview Memorial Gardens Cemetery in Worland. The Rev. Guy Helms will officiate.
Robert Lee Finley, 65, of Riverton, died Friday, May 23, at his home. He was the son of Grace Finley and the brother of Sam Finley. There will be no services. Arrangements are under the direction of Davis Funeral Home.
Constance "Connie" Hays, 66, of Riverton, died Friday, May 23, at Wyoming Medical Center in Casper. Funeral services were Tuesday, May 27, at St. Margaret's Catholic Church in Riverton with burial following at Mountain View Cemetery. Father Eckley Macklin officiated.
Donald H. Jevne, 70, formerly of Riverton, died Tuesday, May 20, at his home in Springdale, Ark. A viewing will be 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, May 29, at Davis Funeral Home. The funeral service will be at 2 p.m. Friday, May 30, at Riverton Nazarene Church. Burial will follow at Mountain View Cemetery.
Otho Kisling, 99, of Riverton, died Monday, May 26, at Help for Health Hospice Home in Riverton. A memorial service will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, June 14, at United Methodist Church. Services are under the direction of Davis Funeral Home.
Ruth Francis Spoonhunter, 82, of Tucson, Ariz., died Friday, May 23, at Avalon Health Care in Tucson, Ariz. A memorial service conducted by tribal elders will be at 6 p.m. Thursday, May 29, at the Martin Spoonhunter residence, 897 17 Mile Road.
Michael "Mike" Widmayer, 73, of Riverton, died Sunday, May 25, at his home. Services will be at 10 a.m. Friday, May 30, at First Baptist Church. A viewing will preceded the service at 9 a.m. Burial will be at Mountain View Cemetery in Riverton with military honors.
Wyoming Health Fairs is 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. in the Intertribal Center at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton.
Jewelry Show, sponsored by the Lander Hospital Auxiliary, is 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Lander Senior Center, 205 S. 10th St. There will be jewelry, purses, scarves and more. All proceeds will be donated to a local group.
Schools Out, Summer Kick-Off Party is 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Central Wyoming College gym, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. Event includes a barbecue, beach volleyball, 3-on-3 pick-up games and giant inflatables from Fun on the Go. Event is free and open to school-aged children and their families.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Terri Bauder from Keith Bauder. Wife's former name of Kucera restored.
Shannon M. Beason from Cody D. Beason. Joint custody of minor children. Wife's former name of Moody restored.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Arrest records were not available by press time.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- County officials initiated a search at about 6 p.m. Tuesday for three people reported missing in the area of Mosquito Park above Lander. More information was set to be released Wednesday afternoon. Crews included deputies and Fremont County Search and Rescue volunteers assisting the Wind River Police Department and Tribal Game and Fish.
- Toby Alonzo, 38, of Lander, was arrested for probation violation at about 4:15 p.m. Tuesday in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard in Riverton.
- Darin Durtsche, 47, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for probation revocation at about 9:30 a.m. Tuesday in the 800 block of Rainbow Drive in Riverton.
- No one was injured when a vehicle reportedly went through a fence at about 9:15 p.m. Tuesday at the intersection of Eight Mile Road and U.S. Highway 26 west of Riverton. The Wyoming Highway Patrol responded.
- Grantor: FRANK LAND & CATTLE COMPANY INC Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERS EDGE CONDOMINIUMS LA Lot: 104 City: LA... Grantee: BALDWIN CREEK LAND LLC UNIT #104
- Grantor: COBURN JAMES W Legal: Sub/Mine: EAST LOGAN PARK ADD RI Lot: 22 Block: 4 City:... Grantee: STRINGHAM KEVIN L , STRINGHAM CHERYL M
- Grantor: FORBIS PEGGY DIANE Legal: Sub/Mine: COUNTRY CLUB VILLAGES 5TH SUBDIVISION RI Lot: ... Grantee: CHATFIELD KILEY F, CHATFIELD CHRISTY L
- Grantor: LIEBERMAN ELLIS MICHAEL, LIEBERMAN LILIBETH BALE, DAILEY JOHN K ATTORNEY IN FACT Legal: Sub/Mine: COUNTRY CLUB VILLAGES 1ST ADD RI Lot: 38 City... Grantee: DAMMEN DARWIN K, DAMMEN CAROL J
- Grantor: OBERLIE DENNIS LAWRENCE TRUSTEE, OBERLIE LOUISE E LIVING TRUST Legal: Sub/Mine: SOUTHGLENN ADD RI Lot: 5 Block: 2 City: RIVER... Grantee: RICHARDSON EUGENE
- Groom: DUBIAK HARRY PAUL Bride: HARRINGTON JESSIE MONTANA
- Groom: JOHNSON PAUL JACOB Bride: BLACKBURN BETTY JO
- Groom: READY ADAM WAYNE Bride: HAGUE BRANDY ANN
- Groom: VROMAN ERIC ALLEN Bride: LEHMAN KATIE DAWN.