May 29, 2014 - StaffCorrections
In Wednesday's Ranger, the page one story "Woman in wheelchair carried from burning house by firemen" should have said Riverton Volunteer Fire Department assistant chief Scott Walters arrived at the scene.
A daughter was born to Ruby and Manuel Ramos, of Riverton, at 11:16 a.m. April 29, 2014, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 7 pounds, 15.8 ounces.
Jewelry Show, sponsored by the Lander Hospital Auxiliary, is 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Lander Senior Center, 205 S. 10th St. There will be jewelry, purses, scarves and more. All proceeds will be donated to a local group.
Summer Kick Off Street Party, sponsored by The Forge, is at 5 p.m. on Second Street in Lander. This is a family friendly event with bands, burgers and beer. Musicians include Ben Treffer, String Theory and Full Blown Mosey. A wing eating competition is at 7 p.m. and volleyball pong will be in the back.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Jeffrey Waymire, 52, of Riverton, was arrested on a Big Horn County warrant at about 1:15 a.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of Mary Anne Drive. The initial call was regarding vandalism.
- Merlin Black, 38, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication and on a municipal warrant at about 6:30 p.m. Wednesday on Honor Farm Road.
- A 16-year-old boy was issued a misdemeanor citation for theft of services at about 8 p.m. Tuesday in the 200 block of North Federal Boulevard. He was released with his promise to appear in court at a later date.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Jesse Walthers, 25, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for probation revocation at about 11 a.m. Wednesday west of Shoshoni.
- A 19-year-old Riverton woman was uninjured in a one-vehicle rollover at about 7:40 p.m. Wednesday on Paradise Valley Road west of Riverton. Reports state her 2001 GMC sedan left the roadway then rolled 2.5 times when the driver overcorrected the steering. She reportedly was wearing her seatbelt and was evaluated on scene but did not require transport. Alcohol was not a factor in the incident, officials said.
- Misti Duran, 20, of Riverton, and Joseph Parish, 43, of Riverton, both were issued citations for driving under the influence of alcohol after a head-on, two-vehicle collision at about 9:20 p.m. Wednesday in the 1300 block of North Smith Road. Officials said Duran drove her 2005 Pontiac sedan into oncoming traffic, striking the 2005 Honda passenger car driven by Parish. Both drivers were taken by ambulance to SageWest Health Care at Riverton, where they were treated for minor injuries and issued a summons to appear in court. Reports state the crash took place at "high speed," and the vehicles sustained "major damage." A 42-year-old Riverton man reportedly was a passenger in the Parish vehicle.
- A 15-year-old Riverton boy was issued a citation for hit and run after reportedly crashing a sedan at about 6:45 a.m. Thursday in the 1600 block of North Smith Road. The initial call states a vehicle was in a ditch with its lights still on. Officials said the sedan - which had been taken without the owner's consent - had run off of the roadway, through some fencing, and into a yard; the driver reportedly fled. Riverton Police Department officers reportedly located the suspect in Riverton later Thursday morning, and the RPD will handle the remaining investigation.
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.