TodayJun 3, 2014 Staff
A daughter was born to Sarah Shugart, of Riverton, and Richard Shugart, of Lander, at 10:51 a.m. May 3, 2014, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 4 pounds, 15 ounces.
A son was born to Ashli and Kevin Smiley, of Lander, at 7:50 a.m. April 4, 2014, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 6 ounces.
Norris "Nort" Elmer Axthelm, 93, of Riverton, died Sunday, June 1. The funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, June 7, at Davis Funeral Home in Riverton. Pastor Scott McFarland will officiate.
Aletha R. Boyd, 93, of Riverton, died Friday, May 30, at Help for Health Hospice Home in Riverton. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Monday, June 9, at Davis Funeral Home with burial to follow at Mountain View Cemetery.
Mark Stewart, 80, of Dubois, died Thursday, May 29, at his home. A memorial service will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday, June 4, at the Headwaters Arts and Conference Center in Dubois.
One Book Wyoming: Book Discussion is at 6:30 p.m. at Hudson Yablonski Memorial Library. The community is invited to read "Spirit of Steamboat" by Craig Johnson and attend corresponding events. For more information, visit www.onebookwyoming.com.
The Nature Conservancy 25th Anniversary Celebration is 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Lander City Park, 405 Fremont St. The free event includes barbecue, guest speakers and live music by WYOmericana Caravan featuring Screen Door Porch, the Patti Fiasco and JShogren Shanghai'd.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Carla Bracken from Charles R. Bracken. Wife's former name of Evans restored.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Tiffany Dower, 21, of Riverton, was arrested for domestic violence assault at about 2:30 a.m. Saturday in the 200 block of Parkcrest Way.
- Derek Scott, 28, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication and disturbing the peace with a blood-alcohol content of .18 at about 4 a.m. Saturday in the 100 block of South 13th Street East.
- Gary Antelope, 38, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for probation revocation at about 9:10 a.m. Saturday at SageWest Health Care at Riverton, 2100 W. Sunset Drive.
- Christian C'Hair, 43, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication and interference at about 11:45 a.m. Saturday in the 900 block of East Roosevelt Avenue.
- Terry Belden, 48, of Shoshoni, was arrested for public intoxication with a blood-alcohol content of .20 at about 7 p.m. Saturday at the Center of Hope, 223 W. Adams Ave.
- Samantha Vigil, 21, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant at about 7:40 p.m. Saturday in the 800 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Erika Antelope, 23, of Ethete, was arrested on a contempt of court warrant and for resisting arrest at about 8 p.m. Sunday in the 300 block of East Fremont Avenue.
- Jacob Lujan, 33, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 10:15 p.m. Sunday at the Center of Hope, 223 W. Adams Ave.
- A woman called police at about 7 a.m. Monday from the 900 block of North Broadway Avenue to say someone had taken an envelope with a $180 check in it from her mailbox. The envelope reportedly was found open and empty in the street near her home. Officials said the check has been canceled.
- Five boys ages 9, 11, 13, 13 and 14 reportedly were sleeping at about 8:45 a.m. Monday in a park in the 1700 block of West Sunset Drive. Officials said some of the boys had been reported as runaways through the Wind River Police Department. The Northern Arapaho Department of Family Services was called, but RPD officials said all of the children were returned to their families.
- No one was injured in a traffic accident at about 11:20 a.m. Monday that reportedly involved a tractor-trailer combination, a white passenger car and a black truck. More than $1,000 in damage was reported.
- A domestic battery citation is pending for a man who was the subject of a police call at about 11:50 a.m. Monday in the 300 block of East Lincoln Avenue. The man's ex-wife called police to say he had poked her in the chest and backed her into a corner. He later reportedly drove his vehicle toward her, causing her to jump out of the way; she said she was struck in the arm by his side mirror. She later stated that her ex-husband had threatened to kill her. The man reportedly had left the scene when police arrived.
- A hit-and-run-accident was reported at about 12:50 p.m. Monday in the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard. The incident reportedly involved a 2014 Dodge Ram pickup truck that sustained more than $1,000 in damage.
- Ernest Willow, 60, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 4:40 p.m. Monday at Walmart, 1733 N. Federal Blvd. Initial reports state two men were "being indecent and exposing themselves" inside of the store.
- Filbert Sanchez, 68, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for public intoxication at about 7:20 p.m. Monday in the 800 block of East Main Street. Initial reports state he had fallen off of a bench and "is now passed out." Ambulance services were notified.
- Patsy Tidzump, 47, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for possession of marijuana at about 7:45 p.m. Monday at the Holiday Inn, 900 E. Sunset Drive. An employee reportedly called to say the smell of marijuana was coming from a room.
- Louis Oldman, 25, of Riverton, was arrested on a U.S. Marshal's warrant at about 8:15 p.m. Monday at the U.S. Marshal's office in Riverton.
- Rachel Norse, 21, of St. Stephen's, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 9:15 p .m. Monday in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard. Initial reports state there was an unrestrained baby in a green Explorer.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Adam Bumstead, 26, of Riverton, was arrested on two Fremont County warrants for probation revocation at about 10 am. Friday in the 800 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- A 54-year-old woman was issued a citation for speeding after reportedly driving off of the road Friday evening. She called police at about 7 a.m. Saturday from Buckhorn Flats Road to report the accident. No injuries were reported.
- Ashley Kennah, 19, of Lander, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 2:20 a.m. Sunday in the 7900 block of Wyoming Highway 789 in Lander.
- Dominique Addison, 23, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence and failure to stop at a red light at about 9:30 p.m. Sunday in the 500 block of South Federal Boulevard in Riverton.
- Danny Mathes, 40, of Riverton, was arrested for probation violation.
- Three juveniles reportedly broke the windows out of a 1998 Ford van and lit a seat in the vehicle on fire at about 12:50 a.m. Monday in the 900 block of East Monroe Avenue. The responding deputy reportedly extinguished the fire; officials were unable to locate the suspects.
- Arvin Felter, 23, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 10:30 a.m. Monday near the intersection of Wyoming Highway 789 and Burma Road north of Riverton. Initial reports state a vehicle had gone off of the road; three people reportedly got out of the car and were arguing in the ditch. While deputies were on their way to the scene, they received reports that the original driver of the vehicle and one passenger had been left on the side of the road while the third person drove away. Deputies reportedly contacted the vehicle and found the driver --Felter --to be intoxicated.
- A 13-year-old Riverton girl was injured while driving an all-terrain vehicle at about 3 p.m. Monday on Cliff Drive north of Riverton. She reportedly failed to yield to oncoming traffic and "drove out directly in front of" a northbound vehicle driven by a 43-year-old Riverton woman. The girl's parents brought her to town to be treated for a leg injury.