A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Jun 5, 2014 - Staff
A son was born to Tasha and Joseph Trujillo, of Riverton, at 2:26 p.m. April 2, 2014, at Lander Regional Hospital. He ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
A son was born to Tasha and Joseph Trujillo, of Riverton, at 2:26 p.m. April 2, 2014, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 10.6 ounces.
A daughter was born to Suzanna R. St. Clair and Alex Tso, of Lander, at 8:45 a.m. April 9, 2014, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 7 pounds, 1 ounce.
Mary "Lucy" Harris, 70, of Riverton, died Monday, June 2, at her home. Memorial services will be at Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses.
Relay for Life is June 6 to June 7 at Riverton High School, 2001 W. Sunset Drive, Riverton. Registration is at 5 p.m. The survivor and caregiver lap is at 6 p.m., and the survivor and caregiver dinner is at 6:30 p.m.
Hudson Daze Craft and Business Fair is 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Gold Star Memorial Park in Hudson.
Juicing Your Way to Better Health is 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. in room 114 of the Professional Technical Building at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. Fee is $65. To register, call Sherry Shelley at 855-2125.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Ashley Coughanour from Daniel Coughanour. Joint custody of minor child. Wife's former name of Eckley restored.
Kelli Sue Hill from Taurus James Hill. Joint custody of minor child.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Police are reminding residents to observe reduced speed limit regulations in school zones throughout the summer months. Officers say they have observed motorists speeding by local school buildings while summer classes are in session.
- Kenneth Shakespeare, 28, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication and contempt of court with a blood-alcohol content of .28 at about 10:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard. Initial reports state he was fighting with his mom in a vehicle.
- A woman reportedly tested positive for methamphetamine at about 10:45 a.m. Wednesday at the Riverton Probation and Parole Office, 609 E. Madison Ave. She was taken to the Center of Hope detoxification facility.
- A woman called police at about 10:45 a.m. Wednesday from the 300 block of East Main Street to report that a male friend of her had removed $400 from her savings account and put it into his bank account.
- A man reportedly was driving a blue four-door vehicle with no license plates "really fast up and down the street" at about 3 p.m. Wednesday on South Federal Boulevard. Initial reports state the vehicle was kicking up rocks and almost struck a small child on a bike. The driver reportedly received a "stern warning" from police.
- Some burned twigs were found at about 3 p.m. Wednesday in a play house outside of United Methodist Church, 1116 W. Park Ave. The person who reported the incident thought someone had tried to start a fire in the playhouse.
- Robert Billhart, 25, of Riverton, was arrested for possession of marijuana and on two city warrants at about 8 p.m. Wednesday in the 500 block of North Broadway. Reports state he was recognized by an officer patrolling in the area, who found that there were warrants out for his arrest. The officer reportedly let Billhart drop off his bike and personal belongings at home before going to the police department. During a pat-down procedure, Billhart reportedly was found to be in possession of several "end portions of roaches" in his right front pocket, leading to his citation for marijuana possession.
- Houston Headley, 46, of Arapahoe, was arrested on two warrants for failure to appear at about 9:40 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Nathan Daniel Borges, 20, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear at about 10:45 a.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of South Federal Boulevard in Riverton.
- A 38-year-old man was cited for battery after an altercation between two inmates at about noon Wednesday at the Fremont County Detention Center in Lander. Officials said no weapons were involved, and no major injuries were reported.
- A 13-year-old Fort Washakie girl was arrested for assault and battery and vandalism/destruction of property at about 2 p.m. Wednesday at the Fremont County Group Home, 2228 N. Second St. in Lander. Initial reports state she had a "violent spell" and broke a phone and items in the dining room area.
- Anna Marie Rollman, 48, of Dubois, was arrested for driving under the influence, open container, no registration and no driver's license.
- Frisco Saunders, 42, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for two counts of aggravated assault and battery at about 4 p.m. Wednesday at the Fremont County Courthouse in Lander. The arrest was related to a Riverton Police Department case initiated at about noon Monday in the 300 block of East Lincoln Avenue. Police were dispatched in response to a report from a 42-year-old Riverton woman who said her ex-husband had threatened to kill her and had tried to run over her with his vehicle. She said they had been exchanging their son in a parking lot when they got into a verbal argument over the boy's clothing. At some point, the ex-husband --Saunders --reportedly "approached her in an aggressive manner and began to finger punch her in the chest several times while backing her up." He reportedly threatened to break into her residence and shoot her and her boyfriend. Reports state Saunders also said he would have his girlfriend assault his ex-wife. He reportedly backed the 42-year-old woman up to her vehicle and "kept bearing down on her." When she eventually walked away across the parking lot, she said she heard the engine rev on his vehicle and heard the vehicle accelerate rapidly. She reportedly jumped about 3 feet to avoid behind struck by the vehicle; she was hit by one of the side mirrors regardless. Officials said she had red marks on her arms. The woman said Saunders began "screaming profanities at her" before leaving the scene.
- Grantor: GALVAN RHEA KAYE Legal: Sub/Mine: RENEGADE FIRST ADDITION MI Lot: 12 City: MISC... Grantee: GALVAN FAMILY TRUST, GALVAN VALENTIN MARTINEZ TRUSTEE, GALVAN RHEA KAYE TRUSTEE