News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Jun 11, 2014 - Staff
Daniel Paul Coates, 66, of Corvallis, Ore., died Saturday, May 17, in hospice care in Corvallis, Ore. No services have been announced.
Patricia Diane "Patti" Haverkamp, 63, of Riverton, died Tuesday, June 10, at her home. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Monday, June 16, at ญญญ St. Stephen's Catholic Church with Father Phil Wagner officiating. Interment will follow at the Arapahoe Catholic Cemetery. A visitation will be 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Sunday, June 15, at Davis Funeral Home. A rosary will be at 7 p.m. Sunday, June 15, at 72 Little Wind River Bottom Road with a wake to follow. A feast will follow the interment at 72 Little Wind River Bottom.
Dessie Holliday, 80, of Riverton, died Tuesday, June 10, at her home. A viewing will be 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Friday, June 13, at Davis Funeral Home. A graveside service will be at 10 a.m. Friday, June 13, at Mountain View Cemetery.
Leo Glenn Horath, 78, longtime resident of Thermopolis, died Sunday, June 8, after a short illness. Graveside services will be at 3 p.m. Monday, June 16, at Hilltop Cemetery in Thermopolis.
Carolynn Sanders Schultz, 66, formerly of Riverton, died Friday, June 6, at HopeWest Hospice in Grand Junction, Colo. Grave services will be Thursday, June 12, at Plainview Cemetery in Big Piney.
Lander BrewFest is 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Lander soccer fields, 150 Baldwin Creek Road. Event includes live music, beer and burgers, brats and pizza. Pets are not allowed. Tickets are $30 for one day and $50 for two days. For more information, call the Lander Chamber of Commerce at 332-3892.
Pathways of ex
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Saturday:
- A 14-year-old boy was arrested at about 6:20 a.m. Saturday for minor under the influence, breach of peace and on a felony warrant for menacing and assault out of Colorado. He reportedly was "banging" on the door of a residence in the 900 block of Eastview Drive. Officers measured his blood-alcohol content at .18.
- Darwin Gambler, 30, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication and on a warrant for contempt of court at about 9:45 a.m. Saturday in the 3000 block of College Hill Drive. Initial reports state he was "banging" on someone's back door. Officers on the way to the scene were told that the man had gotten in to a white vehicle and was sitting in it; Gambler reportedly had a blood-alcohol content of .29.
- Sylvia Friday, 33, of St. Stephen's, was arrested for public intoxication with a blood-alcohol content of .30 at about 2 p.m. Saturday in the 900 block of South Federal Boulevard. The initial call was regarding an intoxicated woman who was "passed out" outside of the River City Bar. Officers said she was unable to stand or walk on her own.
- There is a citation to be served on a 16-year-old Riverton boy who reportedly punched an 18-year-old Riverton boy at about 2:10 p.m. Saturday in the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- A 27-year-old woman was issued a citation for shoplifting at about 6:30 p.m. Saturday at Walmart, 1733 N. Federal Blvd. She reportedly had paid $80 for several items in the self check-out lane but had taken about $265 in goods without paying. Security employees at the store described it as the "buy one get three free" scheme; the woman was trespassed from the store.
- Ronald Benally, 42, of Riverton, was arrested for interference at about 7 p.m. Saturday in the 800 block of East Main Street. With him was Marty Moore, 33, of Riverton, who was arrested for public intoxication and urinating in public. The initial call was regarding intoxicated people "bothering other people" at Riverton City Park. Officials said the reporting party was trying to have a birthday gathering at the park.
- Sara Witt, 24, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 11:30 p.m. Saturday in the 300 block of East Madison Avenue.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Sunday:
- Jody Blackburn, 34, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear at about 6:45 p.m. Saturday in the 300 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Richelle Fox, 35, of Ethete, was arrested for driving under the influence and driving under suspension at about 3 p.m. Sunday on Sinks Canyon Road above Lander.
- Steven Willow, 39, of Ethete, was arrested on two Fremont County warrants for failure to appear.