TodayJun 12, 2014 Staff
Monie Gebhart, 77, died Monday, June 9, at Billings Clinic in Billings, Mont., after a lengthy illness. Graveside services and interment will be at the Riverside Cemetery in Thermopolis with Father Joe Galligan officiating.
Keith Reynolds, 72, died Tuesday, June 10, at his home in Buffalo. A celebration of life and time of fellowship will be at 5 p.m. Friday, June 13, at the Big Horn Baptist Church. A private family interment will be at a later date.
Lip Rippers Second Annual Carp Derby is at 5 Pike Circle, Shoshoni.
Don Layton Memorial Antique Tractor and Engine Show is June 14 and June 15 in Shoshoni. Admission is free. Show opens at 9 a.m. Tractor drive begins at 10 a.m. Food vendors and music will be available for lunch, including Dutch oven cooking. For more information, contact Carlta Witthar at 856-1164 or email@example.com.
Fremont Area Road Tour is 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Lander City Park, 405 Fremont St. Proceeds go toward Injury Prevention Resources to provide bike helmets for children. The tour includes six routes ranging in mileage between 3.5 and 101 miles. Registration is 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. June 13 and 5:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. June 14. Pre-ride breakfast is 5:30 a.m. to 7:15 a.m., and a post-ride barbecue is 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. For more information, call 349-5734 or visit http://landercycling.org/?page_id=19.
Byrd Draw Exploration is at 8:30 a.m. at the Dubois Museum, 909 W. Ramshorn St., Dubois. Join naturalist educator Bruce Thompson and Dubois Museum educator Sally Wullbrecht for a free trek up Byrd Draw in the Dubois Badlands to investigate what the rocks, plants and animal tracks have to say about life in a badlands canyon. Bring lunch, plenty of water and wear sturdy hiking shoes or boots.
Third Annual Fast and Furriest 5k/1k Run/Walk is at 9 a.m. at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. Registration begins at 7:30 a.m., 5k begins at 9 a.m., 1k begins at 9:15 a.m. and the kiddo race begins at 10 a.m. Prizes will be awarded, and pets are welcome. For more information, visit http://fastnfurry.org/.
Lander BrewFestis 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Lander soccer fields, 150 Baldwin Creek Road. The Central Wyoming Speedgoat Rugby Club will have a tournament June 14. Event includes live music, beer and burgers, brats and pizza. Tickets are $30 for one day and $50 for two days. For more information, call the Lander Chamber of Commerce at 332-3892.
Jam Party Grand Opening of the Dirt Jump Bicycle Park is 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. at 350 Baldwin Creek Road, Lander. Event includes a park dedication, barbecue and pro-rider demonstrations. For more information, call Jim Donoho at (970) 485-3245.
In Riverton Police Department reports Sunday to Thursday morning:
- James Sandt, 42, of Riverton, was arrested for property destruction and domestic violence assault at about 10 a.m. Sunday on Arapahoe Drive. Officers were responding to a report of a man trespassing and being disorderly. The reporting party was his ex-girlfriend, who said the couple had been separated for about a year. She said he came to her door on Sunday and asked to come in, but she said no. He reportedly began pulling garbage from her dumpster and scattering it on her driveway, then intentionally damaged her chain link fence. She reportedly confronted him, and the argument eventually became physical. At some point, Sandt reportedly pushed her backwards, causing to her catch hold of the chain link fence and cut her hand. He then reportedly placed her in a head lock, and she fought back, grabbing him by the hair. A neighbor reportedly began "screaming" at them to stop fighting, and Sandt let go of his victim. He reportedly grabbed a $35 steam cleaning vacuum and threw it violently against the ground, breaking it, and then left the scene. He reportedly returned at about 1:20 p.m. Sunday; police found him hiding about 90 feet away from the residence and placed him under arrest. At about 3:15 p.m. Sunday he reported potential marijuana use going on at the home; and investigation is ongoing.
- Rysen TallWhiteMan, 22, of Ethete, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear and for possession and use of marijuana at about 6:20 a.m. Monday in the 3000 block of College Hill Drive.
- Police were dispatched at about 10:30 a.m. Monday to Blackfoot Avenue, where a 44-year-old man reportedly had been chased by a Chihuahua, causing him to wreck his blue Harley Davidson motorcycle. The man said he was driving east on Blackfoot when the small dog came "running at him" from the south and attempted to bite the front wheel of the motorcycle. The man reportedly "slammed on" the brakes, and the motorcycle tipped over. He estimated about $600 in damage. The Chihuahua reportedly ran home; its 35-year-old owner was issued a citation for dog at large.
- Danny Ortiz, 34, of Riverton, was arrested for probation revocation at about 1:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 800 block of Yvonne Drive. With him was Forrest Headley, 46, of Ethete, who was arrested on municipal warrants.
- Houston Headley, 46, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 3 p.m. Tuesday on the Rails to Trails bike path at East Pershing Avenue.
- Peter Jefferson, 46, of Lodge Grass, Mont., was arrested for public intoxication and vandalism at about 8 p.m. Tuesday in the 200 block of East Main Street.
- A Colt Army Special .38 revolver that a Riverton woman pawned Monday at a local gun shop reportedly was stolen in 1988 from Mobile, Ala. Officials said all pawn shops fill out tickets for items purchased, and all of those tickets come to the RPD for inspection. The gun reportedly will be sent back to Alabama, and the woman who pawned the item will be contacted.
- Reports state no drivers were involved in a two-vehicle accident at about noon Wednesday in the 1600 block of North Federal Boulevard. The incident reportedly involved a black Ford passenger car and white Ford truck; no injuries were reported.
- Rysen TallWhiteMan, 22, of Ethete, was arrested for bond revocation at about 12:45 p.m. Wednesday at the Fremont County Courthouse in Riverton.
- No one was injured in a hit-and-run accident that was discovered at about 2:30 p.m. Wednesday in a parking lot in the 1900 block of North Federal Boulevard. A brown 2013 Ford pickup truck reportedly was struck in the Kmart parking lot, resulting in a broken mirror and dented door.
- More than $1,000 in damage was reported after a two-vehicle accident at about 3 p.m. Wednesday in the 300 block of North Second Street West. The incident involved a red 1998 Oldsmobile and a maroon 1998 Toyota; no injuries were reported. The driver of the truck said her accelerator had gotten stuck.
- The driver of a black van reportedly pumped about $25 in gas and left the station without paying at about 3:15 p.m. Wednesday in the 1600 block of West Main Street.
- Vandalism was reported at about 4 p.m. Wednesday in the 600 block of College View Drive. Reports state the driver side mirror was broken off of a dark blue 2008 GMC Sierra belonging to Dinwoody Construction. About $1,200 in damage was reported; no one was injured, and there are no suspects.
- Shoplifting was reported at about 6:45 p.m. Wednesday from Safeway, 708 N. Federal Blvd. The reporting party said a woman and a child left the store with a "full cart of food." Officials have video footage and a license plate number.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Monday to Thursday morning:
- Shane Blackburn, 25, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear at about 12:20 p.m. Monday on Snowberry Lane in Riverton.
- Eldon Antelope, 49, of Riverton, was arrested for bond revocation at about 1:45 p.m. Monday in the 800 block of South Federal Boulevard in Riverton.
- Myron Oldman, 18, of Riverton, was arrested for bond revocation.
- Andrew Mcintyre, 22, of Riverton, was arrested on a court order at about 9:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Fremont County Courthouse in the 800 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Timothy Dwyer, 19, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear at about 2:15 p.m. Tuesday at the Fremont County Courthouse in the 800 block of South Federal Boulevard. He reportedly turned himself in.
- Joshua Robinson, 22, of Lander, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for burglary in reference to a Lander Police Department case at about 8:45 p.m. Tuesday in the 600 block of South Eighth Street in Lander.
- Rylan Reynolds, 31, of Pavillion, was arrested on two Fremont County warrants for contempt of court at about 10:50 p.m. Tuesday in the 900 block of East Washington Avenue in Riverton.
- Mykenzie Carpenter-Lott, 19, of Riverton, was arrested on two Fremont County warrants for bond violation at about 11 a.m. Wednesday at the Fremont County Courthouse in Riverton.
- Anthony Arcand, 49, of Riverton, was arrested on a two warrants --one out of Goshen County and one out of Minnesota --at about 11:40 a.m. Wednesday in the 3600 block of West Main Street.