TodayJun 13, 2014 Staff
A son was born to Carly Ann David and Michael Ward, of Riverton, at 3:34 p.m. April 6, 2014, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds, 5 ounces.
A son was born to Vana and Benjamin Warren IV, of Riverton, at 8:05 a.m. April 16, 2014, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 8 pounds, 12.5 ounces.
Don Layton Memorial Antique Tractor and Engine Show is June 14 and June 15 in Shoshoni. Admission is free. Show opens at 9 a.m. Tractor drive begins at 10 a.m. Food vendors and music will be available for lunch, including Dutch oven cooking. For more information, contact Carlta Witthar at 856-1164 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Swedish Smorgasbord is at 5 p.m. at the Headwaters Arts and Conference Center, 20 Stalnaker St., Dubois. The Dubois Museum is sponsoring a buffet dinner celebrating the heritage of the Scandinavian tie hacks. Tickets are $12 for adults and $8 for children under 10.
Summer Private Pesticide User School is 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Crowheart. For more information, call Ron Cunningham at 332-2363.
City Council Meeting is at 7 p.m. at Riverton City Hall, 816 N. Federal Blvd., Riverton.
National Forest Service Wildlife Program is 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Dubois Museum, 909 W. Ramshorn St., Dubois. Event is free.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Fabiana A. Laidlaw from Nathan Laidlaw. Wife's former name of D'Ambra restored. Wife granted custody of minor children.
Aslyn Rae Lewis from Cody Curran Butler Lewis. Wife's former name of Bestul restored.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- A 21-year-old Ethete man was issued a citation for furnishing alcohol to minors at about 2:40 a.m. Thursday in an alley in the 500 block of North Third Street East. With him were two 18-year-old St. Stephen's women who were issued citations for minor in possession. All of the subjects were released to a sober person. The initial call was regarding a fight in the alley, but when officials arrived the subjects reportedly were sitting in a pickup truck.
- Police were called at about 10:30 a.m. Thursday to the 1200 block of West Main Street for reports of a sexual assault. Officials said the incident involved a 70-year-old man who reportedly kissed a 62-year-old woman on the neck while she was working at Smith's grocery store. Officers said they asked the man to "stop being so friendly" to the female employees.
- Marlin Oldman, 21, of Arapahoe, was arrested for driving under the influence with a blood-alcohol content of .25 at about 11:15 a.m. Thursday in the 600 block of North Federal Boulevard. He reportedly was going "very fast" through a construction zone and almost struck a vehicle as he turned into a liquor store parking lot. The vehicle he was driving was released to the registered owner, according to reports.
- Corwin Blackbear, 38, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 1:45 p.m. Thursday in the 900 block of Forest Drive. The initial call was regarding a person "bleeding pretty badly;" officials said Blackbear got "beat up." The people suspected of attacking Blackbear were not cited or arrested. The initial call involved a 4-year-old girl at SageWest Health Care at Riverton.
- Constancia Cortes, 38, of Riverton, was arrested for battery, domestic violence battery, possession of meth and child endangerment at about 8:45 pm. Thursday in the 400 block of North Second Street East.
Officials said Cortes was under the influence of methamphetmine and had a blood-alcohol content of .27 when she arrived home "drunk and acting crazy," according to her mother. Cortes reportedly attacked her mother, hitting the older woman, tearing her shirt and pulling her hair. A family friend reportedly attempted to break up the fight and was attacked by Cortes as well. During the altercation, Cortes reportedly "knocked down" her 6-year-old son. Officials at the scene said the older woman's shirt was torn and she had redness, swelling and scratches on her arms. The family friend reportedly had scraped knees from being "thrown down." Cortes reportedly said she had used meth, and officials said she had "track marks" on her right arm that were consistent with her alleged drug abuse. She also reportedly was in possession of a glass pipe that had been used for smoking meth. The Department of Family Services reportedly was contacted.
- Chet Killsree, 43, of Riverton, was arrested for probation revocation at about 10 p.m. Thursday in the 600 block of Eagle Drive.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Robert David Sloan, 41, of Mandan, N.D., was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear at about 4:30 p.m. Thursday in the 600 block of South Federal Boulevard.
The Wyoming State Engineer's Office report on stream flows, reservoir levels and canal diversions in the Wind River Basin as of Thursday, June 12, are as listed in the first column. The readings for Wednesday, June 11, are in the second column. Measurements are in cubic feet per second unless otherwise stated.
Wind River near Dubois 965 947
Dinwoody Creek above Lakes 444 434
Bull Lake Creek above Bull Lake 1070 1090
Bull Lake Creek near Lenore 391 334
Wind River near Crowheart 4210 4190
Wind River near Kinnear 2630 2600
Wind River at Riverton 2640 2590
Little Popo Agie River 272 263
Little Wind River near Riverton 1310 1340
Wind River above Boysen 1310 1340
Fivemile Creek near Shoshoni 274 249
Wind River below Boysen 2230 2230
- Groom: ANTELOPE WENDALL JOHN SR Bride: BLACKBURN MARSHA ELIZABETH
- Groom: BIG MEDICINE DOUG LYNN Bride: SIX TOES LESLIE DAWN
- Groom: CRIDER GERALD DEWAYNE Bride: RAYMOND NELLIE JUNE
- Groom: BLACKBURN MARTIN MICHAEL Bride: FIENHOLD JENNIFER LYNNE
- Groom: GOGGLES JOHN MARCUS Bride: SANKEY NORA ALICE