A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Jun 17, 2014 - Staff
A daughter was born to Rachel and Josh Watts, of Riverton, at 9:41 a.m. April 16, 2014, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
A daughter was born to Rachel and Josh Watts, of Riverton, at 9:41 a.m. April 16, 2014, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 4 ounces.
Judy Ann Bates, 69, died Sunday, June 8, at her home in Fremont County. A memorial service for friends and family will be at 1 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 17, at 18 Rogers Lane in Riverton. A potluck barbecue dinner and celebration will follow. Graveside services will be Monday, Aug. 18, at Mountain View Cemetery.
Evelyn Bunker, 80, of Lander, died Tuesday, June 10, at Help for Health Hospice Home. Per her request, cremation has taken place, and there will be no services. Inurnment will be at Mount Hope Cemetery.
N. Burke Johnson, 85, of Crowheart, died Sunday, June 15. A memorial service will be at 2 p.m. Friday, June 20, at Davis Funeral Home with inurnment at Mountain View Cemetery. Services are under the direction of Davis Funeral Home.
Lillie Poulsen, 102, of Dubois, died Saturday, June 14, at her home. There will be a private family service. Services are under the direction of Davis Funeral Home.
LeRoy Arthur Wempen, 71, of Stratford, Okla., died Saturday, June 14, at SageWest Health Care at Lander. Services will be at 10 a.m. Friday, June 20, at Davis Funeral Home in Riverton, with the Rev. Ron Clapp officiating. Graveside services with military rites will follow at Mountain View Cemetery.
Let's Talk About Mules with Amy Rosenberg is 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the Dubois Library, 202 N. First St., Dubois.
Guided Juice Reboot is 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in downtown Riverton. Classes run for three weeks. Fee is $45 a person or $75 a couple. To register, visit www.goldenyearslifestyle.com or call (701) 595-0466.
55th Eastern Shoshone Indian Days and Powwow is June 19 to June 21 in Fort Washakie.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Robert Behan, 21, of Riverton, was arrested for probation revocation at about 10:15 a.m. Friday in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- About $5,000 in damage was done to a dart machine at about 11:40 a.m. Friday at Livestock Liquors, 107 S. Seventh St. E.
- A food truck reportedly backed into a Ford Bronco at about 1 p.m. Friday in the 200 block of South Sixth Street East.
- A gun was reported missing from a vehicle at about 3:50 p.m. Friday in the 1500 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- A wallet was reported stolen at about 8:45 p.m. Friday from Walmart, 1733 N. Federal Blvd.
- Michael Warren, 20, of Riverton, was arrested for probation revocation and on a warrant for failure to appear at about 10 p.m. Friday in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard. The initial call included information about a subject who claimed to have consumed methamphetamine.
- Jeri Tidzump, 26, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for driving under the influence and no driver's license with a blood-alcohol content of .13 at about 5 a.m. Saturday on South Federal Boulevard near the Wind River. The call came in from the Wind River Police Department; Tidzump reportedly was driving north into Riverton.
- Someone reported that a rock had been thrown through a window at about 8:15 a.m. Saturday in the 200 block of East Main Street. About $400 in damage was recorded; officials have no suspects.
- William Buffington, 52, of Las Vegas, was arrested for driving under the influence with a blood-alcohol content of .20 at about 11:50 p.m. Saturday in the 700 block of East Main Street.
- The back window of a white Jeep Liberty reportedly was "broken out" overnight Saturday to Sunday in the 300 block of North Sixth Street East. About $300 in damage was reported; officials have no suspects. The report was made at about 9:15 a.m. Sunday.
- No one was injured in a two-vehicle accident involving a silver 2005 Dodge Ram and a gray Chevy Equinox at about 12:40 p.m. Sunday in the 300 block of North Eighth Street West. No road blockage was reported.
- Ricky Behan, 19, of Arapahoe, was arrested for minor under the influence and on a warrant for failure to appear at about 1:15 p.m. Sunday in the 100 block of East Main Street.
- A gray Chevy Impala reportedly was vandalized at about 2:50 p.m. Sunday in the 300 block of South Seventh Street East.
- Crystal Rosalez, 24, of Riverton, was arrested on a Sweetwater County warrant at about 1:30 a.m. Monday in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard. She reportedly turned herself in.
- A .22 caliber Blackhawk revolver was reported stolen at about 11:30 a.m. Monday from the 2100 block of Broadacres Drive. The reporting party thought the firearm may have been taken five or six years ago. The $350 gun reportedly had a 6.5-inch barrel and was purchased in 1973.
- A man called police at about 11:45 a.m. Monday to report his 15-year-old daughter was having a consensual sexual relationship with a 22-year-old man. Officials are investigating.
- No one was injured in a two-vehicle accident involving a bronze 2002 Ford Sport Trac and a gold 2008 Ford F150 pickup truck at about 12:30 pm. Monday in the 200 block of North Federal Boulevard. More than $1,000 in damage was reported.
- About $310 in cash was reported missing at about 5:15 p.m. Monday from a home in the 2300 block fo Sapphire Drive.
- A "substantial amount" of trash reportedly was on fire in a city dump truck at about 5:20 p.m. Monday in the 500 block of East Pershing Avenue. Officials said the trash was dumped in a parking lot and extinguished.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- John Kramer, 36, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for violation of a protection order at about 11 a.m. Friday in the 100 block of East Jackson Avenue in Riverton.
- A 30-year-old Casper man was issued a citation for open container at about 7:40 p.m. Friday in the 1000 block of Rendezvous Road south of Riverton. He reportedly was inside of a vehicle.
- Byron Spoonhunter, 22, of Riverton, was arrested for possession of a controlled substance --methamphetamine --and on a warrant out of New Mexico at about 10:20 p.m. Friday on Snowberry Lane north of Riverton. The initial call was regarding a fight in the area. Deputies responded and reportedly located Spoonhunter inside of the home in question. The meth reportedly was located in his vehicle.
- Melissa Adrian, 29, of Dubois, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 1 a.m. Saturday in the 5900 block of U.S. Highway 26 east of Dubois.
- William Shipp, 37, of Dubois, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 12:20 a.m. Sunday in the 400 block of West Ramshorn Street in Dubois.
- Deputies assisted with a "super load" that traveled through downtown Lander on Sunday afternoon. Initial reports state the Southwest Industrial Rigging load was 23 feet wide, 28 feet tall and 235 feet long; it was expected to arrive at about 2:15 p.m.
- Al Brown, 42, of Hudson, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for probation revocation.