TodayJun 18, 2014 Staff
A son was born to Elisabeth and Jarrod White, of Dubois, at 7:29 a.m. April 12, 2014, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds.
Clifford C. Carnes, 84, of Riverton, died Monday, June 16, in Riverton. There will be a private service.
55th Eastern Shoshone Indian Days and Powwow is June 19 to June 21 in Fort Washakie.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Elizabeth Ann Manzanares from Anthony Lee Manzanares. Wife's former name of Strock restored.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- A blue Mongoose bike with handbrakes was reported stolen at about 3:15 p.m. Tuesday from the 500 block of Elk Drive. The reporting party said another green freestyle bike was left at his residence.
- Someone reportedly used a BB gun to shoot several windows at Home Source Realty, 804 W. Main St. The report was made at about 9 a.m. Tuesday.
- A man called police at about 9:10 a.m. Tuesday to report that "more mail" was being stolen from his mailbox in the 900 block of North Broadway Avenue. After a recent theft, he said he found his mail near Delfelder Road. He also reported that someone was pulling up the plants in his flower beds.
- John Chavez, 32, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at Walmart, 1733 N. Federal Blvd. Initial reports state a man was "hanging out" by the front doors of the store "bothering customers."
- Cheryl Truyen, 53, of Riverton, was arrested for disturbing the peace at about 8:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Tomahawk Motor Lodge, 208 E. Main St. Initial reports state she was fighting with someone in one of the motel rooms; the incident reportedly involved "screaming and yelling and slamming doors." One reporting party said "Cheryl's at it again."
- No one was injured when a bullet reportedly entered a bedroom at about 9:10 p.m. Tuesday in the 600 block of Summit Drive. The reporting party said she was unsure where the shot came from; the bullet reportedly traveled "through her house into her daughter's bedroom." Officials said it may have been a .22 caliber bullet; there are no suspects.
- Derek Scott, 29, of Riverton, was arrested for aggravated assault, battery and possession of marijuana at about 10:10 p.m. Tuesday in the 900 block of Elm Street. He reportedly assaulted his wife, who is eight weeks pregnant.
- Houston Headley, 46, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 10:15 p.m. Tuesday at SageWest Health Care at Riverton, 2100 W. Sunset Drive.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Jeffery King, 59, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear at about 11:30 a.m. Tuesday in the 800 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- A 4-year-old girl was taken to SageWest Health Care at Riverton for evaluation of non-life-threatening injuries after a one-vehicle collision at about 10 p.m. Tuesday at the intersection of Burma and Missouri Valley roads. Reports state the girl was properly restrained when her father, a 28-year-old Pavillion man, drove his northbound 2003 Dodge sedan off of the opposite shoulder of the road and into a concrete pillar and fence. The man said he had become distracted when his cell phone started ringing. Alcohol was not a factor in the incident, which is under investigation. The man reportedly did not suffer injuries; his daughter was his only passenger.
- Vincent Lopez, 18, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear.
- Charles Witt, 21, of Riverton, was arrested on Fremont County warrants for failure to appear and contempt of court.
- An assault with a knife was reported at about 12:20 a.m. Tuesday on Bitterroot Drive in the Beaver Creek subdivision south of Riverton. The Wind River Police Department handled the incident.