News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Jun 19, 2014 - Staff
A son was born to Erin Washut of Lander and Kyle Washut of Lander at 6:13 p.m. June 4 at SageWest Health Care at Lander. The baby weighed 8 pounds, 7 ounces.
A daughter was born to Shawnte Bell of Arapahoe at 6:46 a.m. May 14 at SageWest Health Care at Lander. The baby weighed 8 pounds, 6 ounces.
A son was born to Jesica Quiroga of Riverton and Daniel Blair Sr. of Riverton at 7:52 a.m. May 29 at SageWest Health Care at Riverton. The baby weighed 8 pounds, 6.6 ounces.
Edith Brown, 88, of Riverton, died Wednesday, June 18, at Wyoming Medical Center in Casper. A viewing will be 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Friday, June 20, at Davis Funeral Home. Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, June 21, at Davis Funeral Home with Pastor Echo Klaproth officiating. Burial will follow at Mountain View Cemetery.
Charles Shaffer of Riverton, died Wednesday, June 18, at his home. Arrangements are pending with Davis Funeral Home.
Betty Simon, 93, of Riverton, died Wednesday, June 18, at Health for Health Hospice Home in Riverton. Arrangements are pending with Davis Funeral Home.
Shawn Warren, 55, of Riverton, died Sunday, June 15. A memorial service will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, June 21, at Davis Funeral Home. Pastor Richard Mills will officiate.
Community Food Bank is 10 a.m. to noon at St. Thomas Episcopal Church, 9 S. First St., Dubois.
Carp Shoot is June 21 to June 22 at Ocean Lake. Proceeds will support Riverton Search and Rescue. Check-in is 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. June 20 or 5 a.m. to 6:45 a.m. June 21at Long Point. Event is 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. June 21 and 6 a.m. to noon June 22. Team registration is $45 and can include three people. For more information, call Shane at 851-0916.
Make a Real Western Hiking Stick is 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the National Bighorn Sheep Interpretive Center, 907 W. Rams Horn St., Dubois. Willow sticks, crutch tips, decorations and tools will be provided. Event is free and for all ages. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Sierra Dawn Morgan from Zechariah Morgan. Joint custody of minor children.
Andrew Martin Page from Margaret Erlinda Page. Wife's former name of Martinez restored.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Eileen Black, 32, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court and for public intoxication at about 8:50 p.m. Wednesday in the 1100 block of North Broadway.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Ismael Escamilla, 21, of Lander, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for probation revocation. A 43-year-old woman was cited for battery at about 12:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 300 block of South Cherry Street. Reports state the altercation was between two women.
- Ernest Posey, 59, of Lander, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear at about 1 p.m. Wednesday in the 400 block of Railroad Street in Lander.
- A 52-year-old Riverton man was cited for hit and run after reportedly backing his vehicle into another vehicle at about 2:50 p.m. Wednesday in the 1800 block of Center Street in Riverton. No injuries were reported, and officials said less than $1,000 in damage was done.
- A grey gelding reportedly "showed up" at about 3:30 p.m. Wednesday at 913 Horse Creek Road. Officials say the owner should call the FCSO at 332-5611 or 856-7200 to retrieve the animal.
- Allan Gloy, 43, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for contempt of court and a Natrona County warrant at about 5:20 p.m. Wednesday in the 1600 block of North Smith Road. He reportedly had been involved in a verbal argument there.