Jun 24, 2014 - StaffDeaths
Margie J. Manzanares, 61, died Friday, June 20, at Central Wyoming Hospice in Casper after suffering a stroke. A visitation will be 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 24, at the Veile Mortuary Chapel in Worland. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday, June 25, at St. Mary Magdalen Catholic Church with the Rev. Ray Rodriguez as the celebrant. Rite of committal will follow at Riverview Memorial Gardens Cemetery in Worland.
Guided Juice Reboot is 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in downtown Riverton. Classes run for three weeks. Fee is $45 a person or $75 a couple. To register, visit www.goldenyearslifestyle.com or call (701) 595-0466.
Riverton Little League Championship Games and Fireworks is at 5 p.m. in Riverton. Dinner begins at 5 p.m. and includes pulled pork, watermelon, salad and a drink for $5. Games begin at 6:30 p.m. with free fireworks afterward.
Liberty Lecture Series, presented by Wyoming Catholic College, is at 7 p.m. in the Carnegie Room at the Lander Library, 200 Amoretti St., Lander. Kyle Washut, instructor of theology and WCC dean of students, will give the presentation "Freedom from the Ground Up: Cultivating the Character of the Republic's Citizens."
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- A man contacted police at about 10:40 a.m. Friday regarding reportedly fraudulent charges on his credit card. About $882 in charges reportedly occurred in Illinois, Kansas and Texas over the past two months. Officials said there are no suspects.
•Q94;A 22-year-old man was taken to SageWest Health Care at Riverton after he was found unconscious at about 3 p.m. Friday in an alley in the 400 block of East Main Street. The reporting party said two men had carried the 22-year-old out of a white car and left him in the alley. No one was present when officials arrived.
- A man called police at about 7:30 p.m. Friday from the 2600 block of Peck Avenue to report that his 2000 Subaru had been vandalized. The man said someone had hit his windshield causing about $500 in damage. Officials were unable to locate any object that may have been used in the incident.
- Both side mirrors of a 2005 Chevy 2500 reportedly were damaged between 7:50 p.m. and 10 p.m. Friday in the 300 block of East Main Street. The reporting party said he returned to his truck after watching a movie and found that both of his outside mirrors had been "knocked back" and were broken.
- An 18-year-old woman from Fort Washakie reportedly arrived at about 11 p.m. Friday at SageWest Health Care at Riverton with multiple skin abrasions and lacerations covering half of her body. Officials said she had been traveling in a pickup truck near Arapahoe when an unknown subject threw her from the vehicle, which was moving at about 65 mph. The Bureau of Indian Affairs handled the case.
•Q94;A 36-year-old Riverton man was given a ride home at about 11:45 p.m. Friday after he reportedly was found lying in an alley in the 100 block of North Sixth Street East. He reportedly had a blood-alcohol content of .20 and had to be reminded that he was in Riverton.
- A 25-year-old man was cited for possession of marijuana at about 2 a.m. Saturday in the 500 block of East Main Street. Officials said they were on bike patrol when they saw the man throw a glass beer bottle into the middle of the street. Officers made contact with the man, who reportedly said he was "intoxicated and wasn't thinking right." While speaking with him, officers said they saw a brown, wooden container in plain sight in the open cargo pocket of his pants. They reportedly recognized the container as one that is typically used to store marijuana, so they checked it and found that it contained marijuana residue.
- Someone reportedly slashed the rear driver's side tire of a green Ford Escape overnight Friday to Saturday. The report was made at about 11:40 a.m. Saturday from the 800 block of Liberty Drive.
- Justin Steele, 26, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear and for filing a false police report at about 4:45 p.m. Saturday in the 800 block of East Main Street. Officials said someone at City Park called police to say a possibly intoxicated subject was lying next to a bench. When police contacted Steele, they reportedly found that there was a warrant for his arrest. He reportedly complained that his chest hurt and he thought he was having a heart attack, so he was transported to SageWest Health Care at Riverton. At the hospital, officials said Steele was sending text messages saying that he was trying to get out of jail.
•Q94;A driver's side mirror reportedly was broken off of a 2002 Saturn overnight Friday to Saturday in the 100 block of North Third Street East. The report was made at about 6 p.m. Saturday, but the man said he noticed the damage at about 9 a.m. Saturday. There are no suspects.
- Danielle Tindall, 21, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for public intoxication at about 11:20 p.m. Saturday in the 500 block of East Main Street. Officials said they responded to a call regarding a fight in the area. When they arrived at the scene, they said they located a group of people in an alley in the 400 block of East Main Street; Tindall reportedly was lying in the middle of the alley, and everyone involved said she was the aggressor. She reportedly was "covered in gravel and yelling profanities" and was "being very aggressive."
- Todd Pope, 38, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence, driving under suspension, no insurance and speeding at about 12:30 a.m. Sunday in the 200 block of West Adams Avenue. He reportedly had a blood-alcohol content of .08.
- Theresa Oldman, 32, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication and on a warrant for contempt of court at about 8:40 a.m. Sunday in the 800 block of Webbwood Road. Officials said her blood-alcohol content was .19. The initial call was regarding a woman who was "slumped over" in a vehicle that was parked in the roadway; by the time police arrived Oldman reportedly was out of the car.
- Samantha Vigil, 21, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 11:30 a.m. Sunday in the 100 block of West Adams Avenue. She reportedly posted bond and was released with her promise to appear in court at a later date.
About $200 in damage was reported at about 2:30 p.m. Sunday to a white 2007 Chevy Coachman motor home in the 1400 block of East Park Avenue. Officers at the scene said they observed damage consisted with pry marks on the edge and interior of the side door of the motor home. The reporting party said the incident could have taken place within the past week.
- Alvin Seminole, 21, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 4:15 p.m. Sunday in the 700 block of East Monroe Avenue. He reportedly drove through a red light in his maroon Dodge pickup and was pulled over.
- Corwin Blackbear, 38, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 7:45 p.m. Sunday in an alley in the 400 block of East Jefferson Avenue. The initial report was regarding a man who was "passed out" in the alley. His blood-alcohol content was recorded at .18.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Several boxes of soap and air freshener products reportedly fell out of a vehicle, blocking an entire lane of roadway at about 8 a.m. Friday in the 12300 block of Wyoming Highway 789 west of Shoshoni.
- A vehicle fire was reported at about 4 p.m. Friday on Red Canyon Road.
- No one was injured in a one-vehicle rollover reported at about 7:30 p.m. Friday on Horse Creek Road north of Dubois. The incident reportedly involved a 2008 Mazda.
- Joseph Holloway, 36, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence with a 5-year-old passenger at about 9:30 p.m. Friday in the 12100 block of Wyoming Highway 789 west of Shoshoni. Initial reports state his vehicle was "swerving badly."
- Steven Hays, 60, of Riverton, was arrested on Fremont County warrants for failure to appear and probation revocation at about 2 a.m. Saturday in the 1400 block of East Monroe Avenue in Riverton. Officials said he was one of several people who were being "intoxicated and disorderly" in the area.
- Vearle Wilson, 36, of Ethete, was arrested for breach of peace at about 11 a.m. Saturday in the 1400 block of East Monroe Avenue. Initial reports state a man had "busted" into a residence and threatened the person inside.
- Dennis Teran, 32, of Shoshoni, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for probation revocation at about 6:45 p.m. Saturday in the 500 block of West Second Street in Shoshoni.
- Jeremiah Shull, 22, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for probation revocation at about 6:50 p.m. Saturday in the 800 block of East Lincoln Avenue.
- No one was injured in a two-vehicle accident that was reported at about 10 p.m. Saturday in the 5900 block of U.S. Highway 26 south of Dubois.
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.