Apr 24, 2012 - StaffBirths
A daughter was born to Angela and Matthew Noetzelmann, of Lander, at 6:52 a.m. Feb. 27, 2012, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 7 pounds, 13 ounces.
Danny L. Baker, 62, died Monday, April 23, at his home in Riverton. Arrangements are pending through the Davis Funeral Home of Riverton.
Henry Gabel, 67, died Monday, April 23, at the Help for Health Hospice Home in Riverton. Arrangements are pending through the Davis Funeral Home of Riverton.
Edna Lamb, 88, of Riverton, died Monday, April 23, at the Riverton Memorial Hospital. Services are pending through the Davis Funeral Home of Riverton.
Laurence J. Olheiser, 80, died Friday, April 20, at his home in Riverton. Funeral services are at 10 a.m. Wednesday, April 25, at St. Margaret's Catholic Church in Riverton. A rosary is at 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 24, at St. Margaret's Church. Memorials may be made to the Riverton VFW Post 3628.
Lander Community Concerts Association Concert is 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. in the Lander Valley High School Auditorium. The Colorado Children's Chorale presents professional concerts and educational programs that provide unforgettable experiences, entertain and bring joy to audiences, engage participants and positively affect individual lives and communities throughout Colorado, our nation and the world. Please arrive by 6:40 p.m. to ensure that the concert begins on time. For more information, visit http://www.landerconcerts.org.
RHS Post-Festival Vocal Concert is 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theatre at Central Wyoming College.
The 12th Annual Native American Business Expo is 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Frank B. Wise Business Plaza, 3 Ethete Road, Fort Washakie. Workshops will be offered concurrently on personal financial management and general business. Representatives from various agencies and business assistance programs will also be on hand and available to meet one-on-one to discuss business idea or business, everything from getting started, to brainstorming marketing ideas, to doing business with the federal government. Event is free for those who register before April 20. For more information or to register, contact the Wind River Development Fund at 335-7330.
Circle of Care, presented and facilitated by Amedisys Home Care and Hospice, is at 11 a.m. at Amedisys Home Care, 514 Pershing Ave. Suite C, Riverton. Joann Aldich, administrator, will speak about setting up short term respite at Wind River Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center. For more information or to make arrangements, call Ronda Hatfield at 332-2393 or 856-4127.
Prepare for Next Tax Season is at 6 p.m. in the Little Theater at the Lander Library, 200 Amoretti St. Organize for next year's taxes. Explore law changes. Adjusting exemptions. How long to keep tax returns. Audit info. Presented by Valerie Schoneberger, attorney for Legal Aid of Wyoming.
To add an event to the community calendar, please e-mail the information to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "community calendar"R00;in the subject line.
In Riverton police reports from Friday to Tuesday morning:
- Robyn Blackburn, 46, of Arapahoe, was arrested for contempt of court.
- Bryon Spoonhunter, 20, of Riverton, was arrested on a Natrona County warrant (escape from detention).
- Houston Headley, 43, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication.
- Lloyd Pick, 24, of Riverton, was arrested for criminal trespass and criminal entry.
- Douglas Ferry, 43, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence (DUI).
- At 6:47 p.m. on Sunday, police responded to the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard concerning a warrant arrest. Subsequently, four people all of Arapahoe were arrested. Thomas Brown, 40, was arrested for shoplifting and contempt of court; Loretta SunRhodes, 32, was arrested for public intoxication; Jaeshawn Friday, 24, was arrested for failure to appear and contempt of court; and Crystal Spoonhunter, 37, was arrested for public intoxication.
- James Bias, 48, and Sherrie Niemeier, 47, both of Riverton, were arrested for battery (domestic violence).
In Fremont County Sheriff's reports from Friday to Tuesday morning:
- Timothy Pitt, 30, of Hudson, was arrested for contempt of court and on a warrant.
- Arlie Stark, 32, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for five counts of endangering children and seven counts of cruelty to animals.
- Sam Willcox, 22, of Lander, was arrested for DUI and limitations on backing.
- Michael Crain, 25, of Hudson, was arrested for contempt of court.
- During the same time frame, ambulance crews responded to 64 calls and firefighters were dispatched 24 times.
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.