Jun 27, 2014 - StaffBirths
A son was born to Samantha Foos of Riverton and Randy Foos of Riverton at 1:49 p.m. May 7 at SageWest Health Care at Riverton. The baby weighed 6 pounds, 9 ounces.
A daughter was born to Joanna Haase of Riverton and Michael Haase of Riverton at 6:51 a.m. May 8 at SageWest Health Care at Riverton. The baby weighed 5 pounds, 13 ounces.
Lumbrosos Messianic Music is at 10:30 a.m. at the Holiday Inn, 900 E. Sunset Drive. Music includes guitar and keyboard and singing in Hebrew and English. Public is welcome. Sandwiches and water will be provided. For more information, call Kurt Schafli at 856-9672 (mornings).
55th Eastern Shoshone Indian Days and Powwow and Rodeo is June 27 to June 29 in Fort Washakie.
Plant Identification and Ecology Field Day is 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Fremont County Courthouse, Lander. University of Wyoming Extension will host a free plant identification and ecology field day, and professor Dan Rodgers of the University of Wyoming will be the instructor. For more information, call Barton Stam at 864-3421 or Ron Cunningham at 332-2363.
Hot Notes Cool Nights Concert is at 7 p.m. at Riverton City Park. Guest artist is Jeff Troxel.
City Council Meeting is at 7 p.m. at Riverton City Hall, 816 N. Federal Blvd., Riverton.
One Book Wyoming: Book Discussion is at 7 p.m. at Bar 10, 114 S. Broadway Ave., Riverton. The community is invited to read "Spirit of Steamboat" by Craig Johnson and attend corresponding events. For more information, visit www.onebookwyoming.com.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Raymond A. Rothschiller from Crystal Baily. Joint custody of minor children.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Raymond Walker, 36, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 8:50 a.m. Thursday at Walmart, 1733 N. Federal Blvd. Officials said a security guard at the store recognized Walker.
- Benhart Simon, 39, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication and resisting arrest with a blood-alcohol content of .20 on Thursday. Officials were called at about 11:30 a.m. Thursday to the 300 block of North Broadway Avenue, where a man reportedly was sleeping in a yard. They said they had to rub his sternum to get him to wake up. Simon reportedly said he was staying at Set Free Church and asked for a ride to the facility. Staff at the church said they would not take Simon if he was intoxicated, and he already had been "kicked out" of the Center of Hope detoxification facility. He reportedly became aggressive when officers attempted to arrest him for public intoxication; he became compliant after being shocked with a Taser.
- Someone called law enforcement at about 5 p.m. Thursday to report a power line that was "sparking and arcing" near a house on Clear View Drive in north Riverton.
- Kenneth Shakespeare, 28, of Arapahoe, was arrested on two warrants for contempt of court at about 7:45 p.m. Thursday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Two boys ages 15 and 10 reportedly were struck by BB's shot from a BB gun at about 8 p.m. Thursday in the 800 block of East Main Street. Officials said a 16-year-old boy is a suspect.
- Broderick Hopper, 20, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 9:30 p.m. Thursday in the 2600 block of Peck Avenue. Officials were responding to reports of a party involving alcohol and marijuana at Central Wyoming College. Reports state there was not a party in progress.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Bobbi Jo Sparks, 54, of Hudson, was arrested for pedestrian under the influence at about 1:30 p.m. Thursday at the Union Bar, 217 S. Main St. in Hudson. She reportedly had called police to ask for help in securing the facility. The investigating deputy said he found Sparks intoxicated. She reportedly had entered the closed bar and "helped herself to a few drinks." The bar owner reportedly found her inside of the building and asked her to leave, at which point she called police to verify she was "only securing the building." She reportedly told the deputy that she was "opening the bar," however, she does not work at the business. The owner did not want to pursue charges.
- Firefighters responded to a small blaze just before 3 p.m. Thursday in a kitchen in the 7400 block of Wyoming Highway 789 south of Lander. Officials said the incident started under a sink, where a small baseboard-style heater had caused a cabinet to catch fire. A neighbor reportedly saw smoke coming from the home and called police; a deputy who was first to respond used a fire extinguisher to stop the blaze from spreading. A fire crew arrived at the scene shortly thereafter to ensure the fire was out. Officials said damage was relatively minimal.
- Steven James Watkins, 42, of Lander, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 6:20 p.m. Thursday on Wyoming Highway 131 southwest of Lander.
- Residents called law enforcement at about 6:30 p.m. Thursday to report that smoke was coming from an outlet at their home on Salt Brush Road west of Riverton. The residents said they had come home from work at about 5:15 p.m. to discover that there had been a fire in their kitchen while they were gone. They reportedly opened up their windows and doors to clear the smoke from the building, and when oxygen entered the home the blaze started up again. The initial fire reportedly started when an oven, which was set to self-clean, burned a nearby garbage can. Several cabinets reportedly were lost in the incident.
The Wyoming State Engineer's Office report on stream flows, reservoir levels and canal diversions in the Wind River Basin as of Thursday, June 26, are as listed in the first column. The readings for Wednesday, June 25, are in the second column. Measurements are in cubic feet per second unless otherwise stated.
Wind River near Dubois 668 725
Wind River above Red Creek -- --
Dinwoody Creek above Lakes 438 493
Bull Lake Creek above Bull Lake 955 1,080
Bull Lake Creek near Lenore 786 916
Wind River near Crowheart 3,890 4,240
Wind River near Kinnear 3,100 3,750
Wind River at Riverton -- 2,820
Little Popo Agie River 160 160
Little Wind River near Riverton 825 1,030
Fivemile Creek near Shoshoni 334 346
Wind River below Boysen 2,040 2,150
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.