Jul 16, 2014 - StaffBirths
A son was born to Kerry Whiteplume of Ethete at 8:04 a.m. May 14 at SageWest Health Care at Lander.
A daughter was born to Heather Mayes of Riverton and Levi Mayes of Riverton at 3:11 p.m. May 5 at SageWest Health Care at Riverton. The baby weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces.
Lucy Mascarenaz-Esparza, formerly of Riverton, died Saturday, July 5, at her home in Ontario, Canada.
Chalk the Walk Festival is 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park Ave. This is a Riverton Rendezvous event.
Cowboy Tough Adventure Race in Wind River Country is July 17 to July 18 in Fremont County.
Wrangler Classic is July 18 to July 20 at the Jim Moss Arena in Riverton. This is a Riverton Rendezvous event.
Buffalo Tracks Running Club Camp is 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Iron Works Gym, 515 W. Main St., Riverton. Participants can spend the day learning about nutrition, strength training and proper running form.
Humane Society Dog Wash is 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Dubois Library, 202 N. First St., Dubois.
Sinks Canyon State Park Fireside Speaker Series: Bats of the Wind River Range is at 6:30 p.m. at the camp host site in the Popo Agie Campground. Krysta Demere of the Wyoming Game and Fish Department will give the presentation. Families are encouraged to bring marshmallows to roast. Bench seating is available, but attendees may bring camp chairs.
Rocky Mountain Car and Bike Friday Night Cruise is 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. in downtown Riverton. A parade will begin at 6 p.m. at Kmart, 1960 N. Federal Blvd. This is a Riverton Rendezvous event.
Backyard Dance is 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Dubois Museum, 909 W. Ramshorn St., Dubois. Event is free.
Thief River Concert is at Bar Ten, 114 S. Broadway Ave., Riverton.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Heidijc Strang from Troy Edward Strang.
Jamee Swider from Kevin Swider Jr. Wife's former name of Savage restored.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Loretta SunRhodes, 35, of Arapahoe, was arrested for contempt of court at about 3 a.m. Tuesday in the 900 block of East Sunset Drive. Initial reports state she was "passed out" in the Holiday Inn lobby.
- A woman called police at about 10:15 a.m. Tuesday to report someone had slashed the driver's side tires of her 2012 Chrysler Sebring in the 700 block of Eagle Drive. Officers observed half-inch slashes on the front and rear driver's side tires. There are no suspects.
- No one was injured in a two-vehicle accident at about 12:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard. Reports state a dark blue 2007 Mazda passenger car backed into a silver 2008 Ford Focus. More than $1,000 in damage was recorded.
- Someone driving a U-Haul truck towing a maroon car reportedly took $34.94 in gas at about 1 p.m. Tuesday from the Maverik Country Store in the 1600 block of West Main Street.
- A 60-year-old Collinsville, Okla., woman reported losing about $2,150 in jewelry at about 3:50 p.m. Tuesday at the Days Inn, 909 W. Main St. She said she left a $1,000 diamond ring, a $1,000 gold chain with a diamond cross pendant, and a $150 ring in a motel room.
- Roderick Barnes, 21, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 4:10 p.m. Tuesday in the 500 block of North Broadway Avenue. With him was Robert Brillhart, 25, of Riverton, who was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear. An officer reportedly saw Barnes and recognized him as someone with an outstanding warrant.
- Dallas Dresser, 27, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court and for resisting arrest at about 9:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 700 block of East Madison Avenue. Reports state the occupants of a black Ford explorer "threw" Dresser out of the vehicle at about 9:10 p.m. Tuesday at a gas station on South Federal Boulevard. She reportedly told witnesses she did not want the police called, but one passerby did notify officials of the incident. When officers contacted Dresser, they reportedly noticed a small cut on her left eye; they said she did not want to go to the hospital. Dresser reportedly had a blood-alcohol content of .30 and tried to struggle when officers arrested her on an outstanding warrant.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Troy David, 50, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear at about 10 a.m. Tuesday at the Fremont County Sheriff's Office in Lander.
- Kayla Hebah, 24, of Lander, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for contempt of court and on a Natrona County warrant at about 2:15 p.m. Tuesday at the Fremont County Sheriff's Office in Lander.
- Travis C'Hair, 19, of Riverton, was arrested on Fremont County warrants for failure to appear and probation revocation.
The Wyoming State Engineer's Office report on stream flows, reservoir levels and canal diversions in the Wind River Basin as of Tuesday, July 15, are as listed in the first column. The readings for Monday, July 14, are in the second column. Measurements are in cubic feet per second unless otherwise stated.
Wind River near Dubois 501 510
Wind River above Red Creek -- --
Dinwoody Creek above Lakes 580 623
Bull Lake Creek above Bull Lake 1,080 1,080
Bull Lake Creek near Lenore 791 889
Wind River near Crowheart 3,970 3,960
Wind River near Kinnear 1,860 1,870
Wind River at Riverton -- --
Little Popo Agie River 120 118
Little Wind River near Riverton 981 893
Fivemile Creek near Shoshoni 318 307
Wind River below Boysen 3,550 3,560
- Groom: GOGGLES JOHN MARCUS Bride: SANKEY NORA ALICE
- Groom: FASTHORSE HOKASHINA NMN Bride: LINCOLN CAITLIN LANAE
- Groom: CRIDER GERALD DEWAYNE Bride: RAYMOND NELLIE JUNE
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.