A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Jul 17, 2014 - Staff
A daughter was born to Anne McNair of Lander and Tye McNair of Lander at 11:06 a.m. May 22 at SageWest Health Care at ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
A daughter was born to Anne McNair of Lander and Tye McNair of Lander at 11:06 a.m. May 22 at SageWest Health Care at Riverton. The baby weighed 7 pounds, 8 ounces.
A daughter was born to ConAnn Morgan of Riverton and Justin Morgan of Riverton at 9:33 a.m. April 9 at SageWest Health Care at Riverton. The baby weighed 7 pounds, 5.4 ounces.
Keith Miller Addison Dow Jr., 28, of the Wind River Indian Reservation, died Saturday, July 12, at Red Lake Hospital in Red Lake, Minn. A rosary will be at 8 p.m. Friday, July 18, at Great Plains Hall in Arapahoe. Following the wake, interment will be Saturday, July 19, at Arapaho Cemetery in St. Stephen's.
Angelo "Hulio" Jenkins, 35, of Arapahoe, died Monday, July 14, at his home.A wake will be at 7 p.m. Thursday, July 17, at the Blackburn residence, 50 Miller Lane in Arapahoe. The funeral will be Friday, July 18, also at the Blackburn residence.Burial will follow at the Blackburn Cemetery
Wrangler Classic is July 18 to July 20 at the Jim Moss Arena in Riverton. This is a Riverton Rendezvous event.
Museum Day is 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 19 in Dubois.
Balloon Rally is at 6 a.m. at the Central Wyoming College launch field, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. This is a Riverton Rendezvous event.
Daylilies Viewing is at 11 Blue Spruce Lane in Riverton. Visitors are welcome to have a look after the balloon launch at Central Wyoming College.
Kiwanis Family Pancake Breakfast is at 6 a.m. at the Central Wyoming College launch field, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. This is a Riverton Rendezvous event.
Run Like A Bighorn Trail Run is at 7 a.m. in Sinks Canyon State Park. Registration is at 6 a.m. at the Sawmill Campground. Registration is $20 for adults and $10 for children under 13. The trail run is measured at 5.9 miles.
Tethered Balloon Ride is at 7 a.m. at the Central Wyoming College launch field, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. This is a Riverton Rendezvous event.
Rocky Mountain Car and Bike Swap Meet is 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the south lawn at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. This is a Riverton Rendezvous event.
Seventh Annual Buffalo Tracks Running Club Challenge Run is at 8 a.m. in Ethete. The event includes a 5k run/walk and children's races. For more information, contact Faith at 247-0270 or email@example.com.
Strutt Your Mutt is at 9 a.m. at Dubois Town Park.
Heritage Center Activities and Tours is 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Heritage Center Museum, 1075 S. Federal Blvd., Riverton. This is a Riverton Rendezvous event.
Paws Redneck Barbecue and Rugrat Festival is 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the south lawn at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. This is a Riverton Rendezvous event.
20th Annual Rocky Mountain Car and Bike Show is 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the south lawn at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. This is a Riverton Rendezvous event.
Jeff Crosby and the Refugees Concert is at Bar Ten, 114 S. Broadway Ave., Riverton. Admission is $5 (free for VIP ticket holders).
Balloon Glow is at 8 p.m. at the Central Wyoming College launch field, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. This is a Riverton Rendezvous event.
Fireworks are at 10 p.m. on Airport Hill in Riverton. This is a Riverton Rendezvous event.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Brynn Marie Taylor from Jonathan Leo Cross.
Virginia Jolene Tharp from Jeffery Michael Tharp. Wife's former name of Morris restored.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Brock Tillman, 22, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for public intoxication and on a warrant for contempt of court at about 3:10 a.m. Wednesday in the 300 block of Sycamore Drive. Officials were dispatched to the area for reports that people were yelling in the street. When they arrived at the scene, police said two people were helping one person up from the ground. The person was Tillman, who recorded a .23 blood-alcohol content. The other two people said they all had been drinking inside of a residence when an argument ensued. The group went outside, where Tillman continued yelling and screaming. At some point he reportedly fell to the ground. Officials reportedly were unable to calm him down, so he was arrested.
- A man reported a theft from his locked motor vehicle at about 8 a.m. Wednesday from the 800 block of Rose Marie Drive. He told police he walked out to his white 2010 Ford van at about 6 a.m. and noticed that his driver's side door was open. According to reports, three cell phones worth $150 total had been taken as well as a white Apple iPod worth $200 and a 6-foot auxiliary cord. Officers observed pry marks to the driver's side door jam.
- Angelica Wallowingbull, 41, of Ethete, was arrested for interference and on a warrant for interference with custody at about 5:20 p.m. Wednesday at the Maverik Country Store on South Federal Boulevard. Officers were dispatched to the area for reports that an intoxicated woman was in the driver's seat of a green passenger car. Police said Wallowingbull gave them two false names; she recorded a blood-alcohol content of .04.
- A man in the 1100 block of Westview Drive called police at about 7:15 p.m. Wednesday to say someone had taken four tires worth $200 each from his property while he was on vacation.
- No one was injured in a hit and run accident at about 8:15 p.m. Wednesday at the Rivercity Bar, 910 S. Federal Blvd. The incident reportedly involved a white, 1990s model Dodge pickup truck that struck a black 2007 Harley Davidson FLH. More than $1,000 in damage was recorded.
- A black, $500 4G Droid mini cell phone with a black OtterBox was reported stolen at about 9 p.m. Wednesday from the 300 block of North Federal Boulevard. The reporting party said he had left the cell phone in his unlocked vehicle while he went inside a nearby gas station.
- Nolan Wallowingbull, 56, of Ethete, was arrested for public intoxication with a blood-alcohol content of .28 at about 11:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 100 block of South First Street. An officer on patrol reportedly saw Wallowingbull attempting to walk on the Rails to Trails bike path. He said he was trying to get to the Center of Hope, but the detoxification facility did not have any room for him, so he was arrested.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Michael Walter Glon, 22, of Riverton, was arrested on a Carbon County warrant at about 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Fremont County Courthouse in Lander.
- Colin Dean Amos, 27, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol and driving under suspension at about 6:45 p.m. Wednesday on West Shoreline Loop west of Shoshoni.
- James Reid Wever, 56, of Littlefield, Ariz., was arrested on a warrant out of Arizona.