Jul 18, 2014 - StaffBirths
A son was born to Dalilah Brown of Lander and Levi Redman of Lander at 9:58 p.m. June 3 at SageWest Health Care at Lander. The baby weighed 8 pounds, 7.1 ounces.
A child was born to Shannon Regan of Riverton and Joe Regan of Riverton at 1:39 a.m. May 17 at SageWest Health Care at Riverton. The baby weighed 6 pounds, 8 ounces.
Dale Elmer Howard, 94, of Lander, died Thursday, July 17, in Riverton. A graveside service will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday, July 22, at Mount Hope Cemetery in Lander.
Wrangler Classic is July 18 to July 20 at the Jim Moss Arena in Riverton. This is a Riverton Rendezvous event.
Balloon Rally is at 6 a.m. at the Central Wyoming College launch field, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. This is a Riverton Rendezvous event.
Kiwanis Family Pancake Breakfast is at 6 a.m. at the Central Wyoming College launch field, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. This is a Riverton Rendezvous event.
Tethered Balloon Ride is at 7 a.m. at the Central Wyoming College launch field, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. This is a Riverton Rendezvous event.
Shoshoni High School Athletics Fundraiser is at 6 p.m. July 21 at the Riverton Elks Lodge, 207 E. Main St. Nick Bebout will be the guest speaker. Event includes a $3,000 reverse raffle grand prize (based on 700 tickets sold), cash prizes, and silent and live auctions. A $20 ticket includes admission, raffle and a meal and are available from SHS athletes, First Interstate Bank and the Riverton Elks Lodge. A golf tournament is July 22. To register, call Tony at 851-6419. For more information, call Brady Slack at 851-6349.
Hot Notes Cool Nights Concert is at 7 p.m. between Lander Valley High School and Museum of the West. Guest artist is Teka Brock Band.
Tipi Ring Tour and Hike is 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Dubois Museum, 909 W. Ramshorn St., Dubois. Participants should bring their dinner to enjoy the panoramic view of the Absaroka and Wind River mountain ranges before sunset. High clearance vehicles are necessary for the carpool to the site from the museum.
Fremont County GOP Candidate Forum - Shoshoni is 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Senior Citizen Center, 209 Main St., Shoshoni. For more information, visit www.fremontcountygop.com.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Laura Kathleen Veach from Roger Louis Veach.
Lisa May Williams from Erin Michael Williams.
Tina Marie Witt from Kenneth Lee Witt. Wife granted custody of minor children. Wife's former name of Burton restored.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Byron Lincoln, 48, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication with a blood-alcohol content of .34 at about 5:45 a.m. Thursday in the 500 block of East Pershing Avenue.
- A suitcase was found in an alley at about 9:10 a.m. Thursday in the 400 block of South Seventh Street East.
- A credit card was reported stolen at about 9:15 a.m. Thursday from the Riverton area.
- An officer reportedly found marijuana at about 1:10 p.m. Thursday at the Maverik Country Store, 601 S. Federal Blvd.
- A woman reported a hit and run accident at about 1:30 p.m. Thursday in the 500 block of West Main Street. In initial reports she said her vehicle was parked on Main Street, and it appeared that someone had broken out the driver's window.
- Officers responded at about 2:40 p.m. Thursday to reports that a female subject appeared to have been assaulted in the 3000 block of College Hill Drive. Initial reports state the subject was lying in a courtyard with "blood all over her." She reportedly complained of a broken ankle. Further information was unavailable by press time.
- Gary Clawson, 36, of Riverton, was arrested for child endangering with a blood-alcohol content of .41 at about 3:15 p.m. Thursday in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard. Initial reports state he was walking with a juvenile male and almost fell on the boy. The minor was released to his mother's custody.
- Michael Cousineau, 35, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication with a blood-alcohol content of .18 at about 3:50 p.m. Thursday in the 900 block of Forest Drive. He reportedly was trying to enter his sister's residence.
- A man driving a blue Dodge truck reportedly failed to pay for $90 in fuel at about 8:10 p.m. Thursday at Loaf 'N Jug, 305 N. Federal Blvd.
- A Riverton man called police at about 8:50 p.m. Thursday to report someone had broken into his apartment in the 800 block of East Adams Avenue and stolen money and "several other items." Further information was unavailable.
- Skeeter Engavo, 36, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for driving under the influence with a child passenger and no insurance at about 11:10 p.m. Thursday on North Federal Boulevard. He reportedly was driving with three children in his vehicle and recorded a blood-alcohol content of .22. Initial reports state Engavo appeared "very" intoxicated at Walmart, staggering and smelling of alcohol. He reportedly "had to have his teenage kids help him into the car" before he drove away headed south on Federal Boulevard. Someone reportedly came from Fort Washakie to pick up the kids.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Bradley Calvert, 38, of Rock Springs, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 3:45 p.m. Thursday on Bass Lake Road west of Shoshoni. Initial reports state a man got out of a vehicle and was "stumbling around" before getting back into the vehicle and driving away.
- Leisa Widick, 27, of Lander, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for contempt of court Thursday at the Fremont County Sheriff's Office in Lander.
- Grantor: MILLS KELLY L Legal: Sub/Mine: VILLAGE AT RIVERBEND THE RI Lot: 8 Block: 2 C... Grantee: CRISSMAN GERALD, CRISSMAN PAMELA, ELLIOTT TERRY
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.