Jul 24, 2014 - StaffBirths
A daughter was born to Leona Timbana of Arapahoe and Troy Timbana of Arapahoe at 6:30 a.m. May 9 at SageWest Health Care at Riverton. The baby weighed 8 pounds, 2 ounces.
A daughter was born to Heather Finlayson of Riverton and Kevin Toole of Riverton May 27 at SageWest Health Care at Riverton. The baby weighed 1 pound, 2 ounces.
A son was born to Martin Underwood III of Mill Creek at 12:49 p.m. June 6 at SageWest Health Care at Lander. The baby weighed 9 pounds, 3.5 ounces.
Jeffrey (Pigg) Novotny, 29, of Riverton, died Wednesday, July 23, in a vehicle accident in Williston, N.D. Arrangements are pending through Davis Funeral Home.
National Day of the Cowboy is in Dubois.
One Book Wyoming: Author Talk is in Dubois. Author Craig Johnson will ride in the Day of the Cowboy parade, ending at the library for a barbecue and author talk. He will give a second talk in the evening at VFW Post 10056. The community is invited to read "Spirit of Steamboat" and attend corresponding events. For more information, visit www.onebookwyoming.com.
Go Fremont County! Parade Day 5k, Cycle or Swim is at 7 a.m. at Fremont Therapy Group, 2002 W. Sunset Drive, Riverton. The event includes a competitive or recreational 5k run/walk, a 25-mile bike ride and a 606-meter swim. The event also will include a "Ride of Fame" on a float in the Fremont County Fair Parade. Pre-registration is $25 for individuals or $60 for a three-person team. Registration will begin at 6 a.m. the day of the race and will be $30 for individuals and $75 for teams. Proceeds will go toward the Steve James Family Health Fund and the Darcie Zimmer Memorial Walkway reconstruction effort. For more information about how to become a sponsor or participate, call 856-5424 or 349-4558 or visit fremonttherapygroup.com or gofremontcounty.com.
Brooks Mountain Hike is 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the trailhead near Togwotee Pass. The moderate-to-strenuous hike is roughly eight miles round-trip. Participants should bring a picnic lunch and be prepared to spend time discussing the anniversary of wilderness areas in the Bridger-Teton and Shoshone national forests.
Tie Hack Tour is 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Dubois Museum, 909 W. Ramshorn St., Dubois. Participants will carpool on a free driving/hiking tour of Union Pass tie hack sites. Attendees should bring lunch, plenty of water and wear sturdy hiking shoes or boots.
Wine and Whiskey Tasting is 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Nostalgia Bistro, 202 E. Ramshorn, Dubois. Participants 21 and over are welcome.
Fremont County Fair Parade is at 6 p.m. in Riverton. Parade entry deadline is July 21. This year's theme is "Kids, Kritters and Kool Knights."
National Day of the Cowboy is at 7 p.m. in the west livery stable at Museum of the American West, 1445 W. Main St., Lander. Event includes an original family cowboy poetry reading by Pete Davis.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday to Thursday morning:
- David Gutierrez-Martin, 18, of Riverton, was arrested for domestic abuse and minor under the influence with a blood-alcohol content of .04 at about 5 a.m. Tuesday in the 700 block of Eagle Drive. His alleged victim was a 25-year-old Riverton man. Reports state Gutierrez-Martin tried to choke the man.
- Loretta SunRhodes, 35, of Arapahoe, was arrested for theft of services at about 6 a.m. Tuesday in the 1400 block of Wyoma Street. Police were called to the area by a cab driver who said SunRhodes had failed to pay about $40 in tax fare. She reportedly ran into a residence without paying and hid in a back bedroom. Her blood-alcohol content was recorded at .28. The cab driver said he had driven SunRhodes to three different places, and she had only paid $10 of a $50 cab fare.
- Edward Stevenson, 27, of Riverton, was arrested for domestic battery at about 8:30 a.m. Tuesday in the 100 block of Apache Drive. His alleged victim is his ex-wife.
- A woman called police at about 10:30 a.m. Tuesday to report vandalism to her 2002 Lincoln in the 1300 block of South Federal Boulevard. She said four windows had been broken by rocks at about 4 a.m.; about $800 in damage was recorded.
- An employee at Community Entry Services called police at about 11 a.m. Tuesday to report that someone had stolen money from a home in the 800 block of Liberty Drive. Reports state $210 in cash and three checks were missing from a secured file cabinet. The reporting party thinks the person who opened the file cabinet used bolt cutters to break the lock, which was missing. There are no suspects at this time.
- Joshua Ballard, 18, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County Sheriff's Office warrant for failure to appear at about 9 p.m. Tuesday at the RPD, 816 N. Federal Blvd.
- No one was injured in a two-vehicle accident involving a gray 1997 Chrysler LHS and a red 2007 Jeep at about 3:20 p.m. Wednesday in the 100 block of Big Bend Avenue. More than $1,000 in damage was recorded.
- Dennis Buffalo, 36, of Riverton, was arrested for probation revocation and use of a controlled substance (Adderall) at about 4:45 p.m. Wednesday in the 600 block of East Madison Avenue.
- Frantasia Maldonado, 25, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County Sheriff's Office warrant for property destruction at about 6:50 p.m. Wednesday in the 200 block of North Broadway Avenue. Officers were responding to a REDDI (report every drunk driver immediately) report regarding a gold sport utility vehicle driving on the wrong side of the road on Fremont Avenue. They reportedly located the vehicle on East Park Avenue and conducted a traffic stop; Maldonado recorded a .00 blood-alcohol level but was arrested on a warrant and taken to jail.
- Byron Lincoln, 48, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication with a blood-alcohol content of .41 at about 11:15 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of East Main Street. He reportedly was sleeping in the City Park bandshell and had "been there for a while."
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Shane Cook, 19, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrants for burglary and conspiracy to commit burglary at about 8:50 a.m. Wednesday on Haymaker Road north of Riverton.
- A driver was cited for texting while driving at about 3:35 p.m. Wednesday on Wyoming Highway 789 in Hudson. The initial call was a REDDI report, but officials said the driver was not under the influence.
- Grantor: PARKHURST RAY V, PARKHURST HIROKO Legal: Quarter: SWSE Section: 9 Township: 1S Range: 1E Grantee: PARKHURST BRYAN, PARKHURST CYNTHIA
- Grantor: PICKETT KAREN, PICKETT VAUGHN Legal: Sub/Mine: CHATTERTON GLENN 1ST ADD RI Lot: 12 Block: 3 ... Grantee: HEISS LARRY, HEISS JUDITH
- Grantor: HENRY CORY C, HENRY NICOLE M Legal: Quarter: SWNW Section: 30 Township: 2N Range: 4E , Quarter: NWSW Section: 30 Township: 2N Range: 4E Grantee: GREEN WADE, GREEN BUFFI
- Grantor: FISCHER ROBERT L MD Legal: Sub/Mine: KING RANCH ESTATES MI Lot: 5 City: MISCELLANE... Grantee: BEN ANDY, PROM MALY A Notes: TRACT 5
- Grantor: MURFITT SELMER R, MURFITT PETRINA K Legal: Sub/Mine: MAVERICK ADD RI City: RIVERTON Grantee: MURFITT PETRINA K
- Grantor: BRIGGS TED M Legal: Sub/Mine: LUCKY 13 SUB LA Lot: 7 Grantee: GUERRIERI KATE
- Grantor: GRIFFIN JOSEPH VERN, GRIFFIN LAURIE L Legal: Sub/Mine: RENEGADE FIRST ADDITION MI Lot: 3 City: MISCE... Grantee: GRIFFIN JOSEPH VERN, GRIFFIN LAURIE L
- Grantor: ORBELL PHILIP D, ORBELL KIMBERLEY B Legal: Sub/Mine: VIRGINIA DALE ADD AMENDED PLAT RI Lot: 4 Block... Grantee: BECKER TYLEE, BECKER MCKENZIE LYNN
- Groom: SPOONHUNTER ALLEN DEWAYNE Bride: GOULD MELISSA RENE
- Groom: MORTENSON CADE WARNER Bride: MURDOCK TINA ELIZABETH
- Groom: ADDISON WAYNE THOMAS JR Bride: QUIVER LETTICIA MARIE
- Groom: JOHNSON PAUL JACOB Bride: BLACKBURN BETTY JO
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.