May 2, 2012 - StaffBirths
A daughter was born to Maria Smith and Johnny Trujillo, of Riverton, at 7:25 p.m. April 4, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 7 pounds, 4 ounces.
Lander native David J. "D.J." Atkinson, 46, of Broomfield, Colo., died Tuesday, April 24, at the Boulder Community Hospital. Funeral services were Friday, April 27, at Flatirons Community Church in Lafayette, Colo. Inurnment will be at Mount Hope Cemetery in Lander with ashes spread in Colorado.
Former Riverton resident and Wind River High School graduate with the Class of 1976, Charles T. "Chuck" Redman, 54, died of natural causes Tuesday, April 17, in Utah where he was working as a consulting mud engineer on a natural gas rig. According to his wishes, cremation has taken place and there will be no funeral services.
Agnes Lorraine Vocu, 82, died Monday, April 30, at her home in Riverton. Services are pending through the Davis Funeral Home of Riverton.
"Up The Trail: The Cowboy and His Saddle" Exhibit Opening is at the Fremont County Pioneer Museum, 1443 Main St., Lander. The West Gallery will be filled with saddles ranging from the 1850s to the 1920s. Included in the exhibit are two saddles made in Lander by Nels Farlow. Photographs, along with cowboy and cowgirl gear, round out the exhibit. Admission is free. For more information, call Carol Thiesse, director, at 332-3373 or visit www.fcpm.org.
City Council Meeting is 7 p.m. at Riverton City Hall, 816 N. Federal Blvd., Riverton.
Friends of the Library Book Sale is 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park Ave.
Uranium Mill Tailings Radiation Control Act Site Public Meeting is at 6 p.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theatre at Central Wyoming College. The U.S. Department of Energy Office of Legacy Management will discuss recent events and ongoing work at the Riverton Uranium Mill Tailings Radiation Control Act Site. The discussion will include an update on the current state of the groundwater remediation strategy, the alternative water supply system and health concerns associated with the site. The community open house will start at 6 p.m. and the presentations and panel discussion will begin at 7 p.m.
To add an event to the community calendar, please e-mail the information to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "community calendar"R00;in the subject line.
In Riverton police reports from Friday to Tuesday morning:
- William Topaum, 34, of Ethete, was arrested on municipal court warrants. The arrest occurred at 1:55 a.m. on Saturday in the 500 block of East Main Street.
- At 2:17 p.m. on Saturday in the 1300 block of First Street, police arrested Gregory Armajo, 22, of Lander, for probation revocation.
- Jason Quiver, 30, of Riverton, was arrested for assault (domestic violence) at 8:43 p.m. on Saturday on College Hill Drive.
- Kincaid Duran, 42, of Riverton, was arrested for larceny at 9:54 a.m. on Saturday in the 1800 block of East Park Avenue.
- At 11:48 a.m. on Saturday in the 100 block of South 10th Street East, police arrested John Chavez, 29, of Riverton, on a municipal court warrant.
- Virgil Monroe, 47, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication at 12:59 p.m. on Saturday in the 400 block of South Broadway Avenue.
- At 2:02 p.m. on Saturday, police responded to a call concerning intoxication in the 200 block of West Adams Avenue. Subsequently, Rose Gasson Carlos, 42, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication and a municipal court warrant, and Dallas Dresser, 24, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication and vandalism.
- At 9:30 p.m. on Saturday in the 900 block of Forest Drive, police arrested Houston Headley, 23, of Riverton, for assault (domestic violence), felonious restraint, interference with an emergency call, Fremont County warrant (interference with arrest) and possession of a controlled substance (marijuana).
- Dominique Addison, 21, of Riverton, was arrested on municipal court warrants.
In Fremont County Sheriff's reports from Friday to Tuesday morning:
- Joseph Arthur, 34, of Riverton, was arrested for simple assault (domestic violence). According to the sheriff's office dispatch log, law enforcement received a call at 7:09 p.m. on Friday in the 1500 block of East Monroe Avenue in Riverton concerning a family fight. Arthur reportedly got in an argument with his mother and pushed her down and could have possibly broken his mother's leg.
- Thomas Hauger, 42, of Cheyenne, was arrested for driving under the influence and no interlock device.
- Kayla Lincoln, 29, of Lander, was arrested for failure to appear.
- During the same time period, ambulance crews responded to 61 calls for service and firefighters were dispatched 17 times.
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.