TodayMay 15, 2012 Staff
Former Fremont County resident Ralph Petersen, 87, of Laramie, died Saturday, May 12, at the Medical Center of the Rockies in Loveland, Colo. Funeral services are at 11 a.m. Wednesday, May 16, at the Albany County Fairgrounds. Interment will follow in Harmony Cemetery with military rites. Visitation is from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday, May 15, at Montgomery-Stryker Funeral Home in Laramie. Memorials may be made to the Loyal Order of Moose Lodge No. 390, 409 S. Third St., Laramie, WY 82070, the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post No. 2221, 2142 E. Garfield St., Laramie, WY 82070 or to a charity of the donor's choice. To send condolences or to sign the online guest book, visit at www.montgomerystryker.com.
Funeral services for Doris Sherburne, 92, of Gillette, mother of Susan Mary Thompson, of Riverton, are at 10 a.m. Wednesday, May 16, at the First Presbyterian Church in Gillette. Interment follows at 2 p.m. in the Black Hills National Cemetery in Sturgis, S.D. Visitation will be from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday, May 15, at Walker Funeral Home in Gillette. Mrs. Sherburne died Sunday, May 13, at the Pioneer Manor in Gillette. Memorials may be made in her name in care of Gillette Memorial Chapel, 210 W. Fifth St., Gillette, WY 82716 or condolences via the Internet at www.gillettememorialchapel.com.
Wyoming Reads is at the Lander Library, 200 Amoretti St., Lander. County first-graders get to read and receive books.
City Council Meeting is at 7 p.m. at Riverton City Hall, 816 N. Federal Blvd., Riverton.
Afternoon Readers meets at 1 p.m. at the Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park, Riverton. The book club will be discussing "Under Cover of Darkness" by James Grippando.
Eastern Shoshone Recovery Program Women's Sweat is at 2 p.m. at the Veterans Sweat Lodge behind the Shoshone Food Distribution Program.
To add an event to the community calendar, please e-mail the information to email@example.com and include "community calendar"R00;in the subject line.
In Riverton police reports from Friday to Tuesday morning:
- At 8:19 a.m. on Friday in the 200 block of West Adams Avenue, police arrested Collins Jammerman, 67, of Riverton, for driving under the influence (DUI).
- At 1:37 a.m. on Saturday, police arrested Kara St. Clair, 33, of Fort Washakie, for assault. The arrest happened in the 500 block of East Main Street at Bomber's Sports Bar.
- At 6:14 p.m. on Saturday in the 100 block of South Federal Boulevard, police arrested Crystal Spoonhunter, 37, of Riverton, for contempt of court.
Tara Farley, 37, of Riverton, was arrested for DUI at 7:44 p.m. on Saturday on North Federal Boulevard.
- Michelle Miska, 30, of Riverton, was arrested for DUI at 1:55 a.m. on Sunday in the 500 block of East Main Street at Bomber's Sports Bar.
- At 2:20 a.m. on Sunday, police arrested Ismael Guzman, 34, of Riverton, for assault (domestic violence). The arrest occurred in the 100 block of Comanche Court.
- Taylor CrazyThunder, 19, of Riverton, was arrested for aggravated assault at 2:43 a.m. on Sunday in the 1400 block of West Park Avenue.
- At 3:05 a.m. on Sunday, police arrested Gloria Ormsby, 30, of Riverton, for public intoxication. The arrest happened in the 100 block of North Fifth Street East.
- At 8:23 a.m. on Monday in the 300 block of North Broadway Avenue, police arrested Lindsey Thurman, 34, of Riverton, for probation revocation.
- Adele Gutierrez, 34, of Riverton, was arrested for child endangering. The arrest occurred at 4:53 p.m. on Monday in the 300 block of East Monroe Avenue.
In Fremont County Sheriff's reports from Friday to Tuesday morning:
- Dominick Wright, 18, of Dubois, was arrested for probation revocation.
- Michael Anderson, 32, of Riverton, was arrested for criminal trespass.
- During the same time period, ambulance crews were dispatched 60 times and firefighters responded to 36 calls for service.
- The suspect in the May 8 crash on Red Canyon Road south of Lander is facing additional charges after police say he provided them with a false identification.
Sheriff's Capt. Ryan Lee said Joseph Seelaus Cady, 48, of Shoshoni, assumed the name Paul Cady and portrayed himself to the arresting sheriff's deputy as Paul Cady.
"Joe Cady was also in possession of a Wyoming driver's license when he was arrested Tuesday night, bearing the name Paul Cady," Lee said in a news release.
Lee said Cady was operating a 1995 Ford pickup truck with two other unknown occupants when he allegedly wrecked into a power pole on Red Canyon Road the evening of May 8, effectively knocking out power and telephone service for the area.
Lee said it appeared Cady was involved in an altercation with his male passenger when the vehicle became disabled. Cady's passengers left the area after flagging down a motorist who took them to Lander.
Lee said two deputy sheriffs in the area investigating the collision found Cady hiding about 100 yards away from the vehicle behind some brush.
Cady was arrested for DUI and interference with police.
"He faces additional charges in the State of Wyoming for possessing and providing the false identification," Lee said.