TodayMay 22, 2012 Staff
In Wednesday's Ranger, the page-one story about the filing period for the primary election contained an incorrect date in the headline. The primary election is Aug. 21. The general election is Nov. 6. The information in the body of the story and accompanying informational box was correct as published.
In Sunday's Ranger, the page-one story "CWC slashes nearly $1M; fundraiser's position eliminated" should have said the Central Wyoming College Foundation's annual operating budget is $193,000. The foundation's expenditures to the college for the current year are expected to be $343,000.
Jovan C. Willow, 24, died in a one-vehicle accident east of Shoshoni early Friday, May 18, 2012. Funeral services are at 11 a.m. Friday, May 25, at Rocky Mountain Hall at Fort Washakie on the Wind River Reservation. Burial will follow at the Sacajawea Cemetery at Fort Washakie. A wake is at 7 p.m. Wednesday, May 23, at the home of Alfred Willow Sr., 343 Little Wind River Bottom Road, Arapahoe, and a second wake is Thursday, May 24, at the home of John Big Knife, 8198 US Hwy 26, Crowheart. Online condolences may be posted at www.theDavisFuneralHome.com.
NOLS Solar Array Open House is at 10 a.m. May 23 at NOLS Rocky Mountain, 502 Lincoln St., Lander. The National Outdoor Leadership School will unveil the 11-kilowatt solar array addition on the Rocky Mountain operations building. The new geothermal system will heat and cool the facilities with ground-source heat and additional energy efficient renovations.
Eastern Shoshone Recovery Program Men's Sweat is at 2 p.m. at the Veterans Sweat Lodge behind the Shoshone Food Distribution Program.
Hershey Track Meet is 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the Lander Valley High School track, 400 Baldwin Creek Road, Lander. For more information, call 332-4647.
In Riverton police reports from Friday to Tuesday morning:
- At 3:47 p.m. on Friday in the 200 block of West Adams Avenue, police arrested Amanda Foos, 33, of Riverton, for third-degree sexual assault.
- Kym FastHorse, 18, of Riverton, was arrested on a first-degree sexual assault warrant. The arrest occurred at 6:28 p.m. on College Hill Drive.
- William Armour, 33, of Ethete, was arrested for failure to appear. The arrest happened at 1:40 p.m. on Saturday in the 200 block of East Main Street.
- At 3:07 p.m. in the 300 block of East Madison Avenue, Aloysius SittingEagle, 27, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for contempt of court. During the same incident, police arrested Frank TallBull, 33, of Lame Deer, Mont., for driving under the influence (DUI), driving with a suspended license and no insurance.
- Stephen Eagle, 22, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at 8:36 p.m. on Saturday in the 600 block of West Adams Avenue.
- John Brown, 46, of Riverton, was arrested for DUI at 10:05 p.m. on Saturday in the 2100 block of West Sunset Drive.
- At 9:07 a.m. on Sunday in the 800 block of East Main Street, Manuel Chavez, 29, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication.
- Carlene Headley, 51, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at 6:13 p.m. on Sunday in the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- At 6:52 p.m. on Sunday in the 100 block of South First Street, Teresa Swimmer, 35, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication.
- At 11:42 p.m. on Sunday in the 200 block of West Adams Avenue, Darcie Hartbank, 18, of Riverton, was arrested for disorderly conduct.
- Sistenes Tafoya, 26, of Riverton, was arrested for unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, DUI and resisting arrest. During the same incident, Anderson Antelope, 29, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication.
RPD Capt. Eric Murphy said Tafoya and Antelope allegedly stole a woman's car that was parked at the Red Eagle on North Federal Boulevard, while the woman was inside the business.
Police arrested the two suspects a couple blocks away at 8:17 p.m., and the vehicle was returned to the owner.
- At 9:48 p.m. on Monday in the 200 block of East Main Street, Clinton Summerfield, 47, of Tucson, Ariz., was arrested for public intoxication and disturbing the peace.
- At 11:51 p.m. on Monday in the 2100 block of West Sunset Drive, police arrested Anderson Antelope, 29, of Riverton, for public intoxication.
In Fremont County Sheriff's reports from Friday to Tuesday morning:
- Lorenzo Eagle, 19, of Arapahoe, was arrested on two misdemeanor Natrona County warrants for violation of probation.
- Elias Mascarenas, 33, of Reno, Nev., was arrested for four misdemeanor bench warrants from Sublette County and a misdemeanor bench warrant from Sweetwater County.
- Mashele Coleman, 35, of Riverton, was arrested for possession of a controlled substance (marijuana) and aggravated assault and battery. During the same incident, Cody King, 38, of Riverton, was arrested for felon in possession of a firearm, driving under suspension and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Sheriff's Capt. Ryan Lee said Dubois deputy sheriffs arrested Coleman and King at about 3:12 p.m. Sunday regarding an alleged altercation that occurred over the weekend near Ring Lake.
Lee said King was arrested for being a felon in possession of a firearm after deputies located a shotgun in his truck.