TodayMay 23, 2012 Staff
Carl H. Christopherson, 81, of Shoshoni, died Sunday, May 20. A memorial service is at 11 a.m. Friday, May 25, at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Shoshoni. Memorials may be made to the American Cancer Society.
Carma J. Cole died Saturday, May 19, at her home in Lander. Funeral services are at 11 a.m. Thursday, May 24, at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Lander, followed by interment at Mountain View Cemetery in Riverton. A viewing will precede the service from 9 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. Thursday.
Arthur R. Rodgers, 80, died Monday, May 21, at his home in Riverton. Memorial services are at 10 a.m. Saturday, May 26, at the Davis Funeral Home with the Rev. Doug Hill, of Pavillion, officiating. Cremation has taken place an inurnment will be in the Rawlins Cemetery at a later date. Online condolences may be made at www.TheDavisFuneral
All School Art Show Reception is at 5 p.m. at Headwaters Community Arts, 20 Stalnaker St., Dubois.
Ridley Barron Presentation is at 6 p.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theatre at Central Wyoming College, Riverton. Riverton Memorial Hospital hosts Ridley Barron, a nationally known speaker on topics such as quality of care, survivor guilt and other health care issues. He also leads marriage and family retreats, young adult and youth conferences and leadership training for many organizations.
Smart Dieting is at 6 p.m. at Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park, Riverton. This free event is part of National Physical Fitness and Sports Month at the library.
Yoga for Adults is at 6:15 p.m. in the Lander Library Little Theater, 200 Amoretti St., Lander. Certified yoga instructor and Ananda Yoga studio owner Sylvia Carl will present a program on yoga for adults. Celeste Stamps will join Sylvia to demonstrate a little partner yoga.
"More Than Frybread" Screening is at 6:45 p.m. May 24 in the Entertainment Room at the Wind River Hotel and Casino, 10269 Wyoming 789, Riverton. The comedy features an all-star Native American cast. Filmmaker Holt Hamilton, who shot the film in 12 days, will introduce the picture and be available for questions afterwards. Tickets are $5.
Bike Rodeo is at 12:15 p.m. at Jackson Elementary, 720 W. Jackson St., Riverton.
Summer Reading Program Kickoff is at 1 p.m. in the Lander Library parking lot, 200 Amoretti St., Lander. Help kick off the summer reading program with free food and fun.
Bike Maintenance and Safety is at 1:30 p.m. in the Lander Library parking lot, 200 Amoretti St., Lander. Gannett Peak Sports will be a part of our kick-off-the-summer Parking Lot Party to talk to us about bike maintenance and safety.
Fiddler on the Roof, a Riverton High School Theater production, is at 7:30 p.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theatre at Central Wyoming College, Riverton.
To add an event to the community calendar, please e-mail the information to email@example.com and include 'community calendar' in the subject line.
In Riverton police reports from Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Andrew Barrows, 33, of Riverton, was arrested for probation revocation. The arrest occurred at 2:52 p.m. on Tuesday in the 600 block of East Madison Avenue.
- At 9:53 p.m. on Tuesday in the 200 block of North Federal Boulevard, police arrested Dean Dewey, 44, of Arapahoe, for a failure to appear warrant and public intoxication.
- At 4:16 p.m. on Tuesday, police responded to Sweetwater Garden in the 1600 block of West Main Street concerning an attempted theft of a shrub.
RPD Capt. Eric Murphy said employees confronted the female suspect and took the shrub from her. The female left the area before officers arrived.
- The RPD is investigating a fight that occurred at the Boot Bar earlier Tuesday morning.
Murphy said a man at the bar observed another man hitting his girlfriend and was attacked by the boyfriend and three to four male friends when he tried to intervene.
According to the RPD dispatch log, the simple assault was reported to police at 4:58 a.m. on Tuesday.
Officers are attempting to find the unknown males who assaulted the victim, Murphy said.
Anyone with information is asked to call Murphy at 857-7610.
In Fremont County Sheriff's reports from Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Anthony Addison, 40, of St. Stephen's, was arrested for probation revocation.
- Melissa Brown, 35, of Ethete, was arrested for contempt of court.
- Shannon Hill, 20, of Evansville, was arrested for failure to appear.
- At 9:43 p.m. on Tuesday, dispatch received a call concerning a juvenile problem in the Black Bridge area in Riverton. The caller told police there were several juveniles in the area drinking, according to the sheriff's office dispatch log.
Sheriff's Capt. Ryan Lee said there were 11 juveniles involved in the incident, but only two were found to be intoxicated. The two individuals were cited for minor in possession.
- During the same time period, ambulance crews were dispatched 15 times and firefighters responded to two calls.