May 25, 2012 - By Carolyn B. TylerToday I'll share with you some more useful tips sent to me by an Internet friend:
- You can flip a toaster on its side and grill cheese in it.
- Reynolds Wrap has lock-in tabs to hold the roll in place
- The color of the tab on the bread bag indicates how fresh the bread is. And those colors are in alphabetical order: b, g, r, w, y.
- You can divide and store ground meat in a Ziploc bag. Just break off how much you need and keep the rest in the freezer for later.
It is sooo much easier than dividing and individually wrapping each pound or half pound.
- If you place a wooden spoon over a pot of boiling water, it won't boil over.
- Marshmallows can help cure a sore throat. It is perfect for kids who don't like medicine.
- Stuffing a dryer sheet in your back pocket will repel mosquitoes.
- You can freeze cupcake batter for later use.
- You can paint upholstery.
- You can dye plastic buttons.
- You can run a paper bag through your printer.
- You can print directly onto fabric.
- A dry erase marker can be used on most desk tops.
- You can mail anything that will take a stamp and weighs less than 13 ounces without a box.
- If you break your blender jar you can replace it with a Mason jar.
- Cereal canisters make the perfect trash can for your car.
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.