News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
May 29, 2012 - Staff
Memorial services for James H. "Scotty" Gordon, 88, who died Thursday, May 24, 2012, at his home in Shoshoni, were Tuesday, May 29, at the Shoshoni Fire Hall. Online condolences may be made at www.theDavisFuneralHome.com.
Former Fremont County resident Levi L. Minard, 88, of Ingram, Texas, died Wednesday, May 9, 2012, in a hospital in Fredericksburg, Texas. Memorial services were Sunday, May 13, at the Living Tree Baptist Church in Texas.
A memorial service for Judith Ann Quadrado, of Hudson, was Tuesday, May 29, at the Chapel of Mount Hope, Hudson's Funeral Home of Lander. She died Thursday, May 24, 2012, at her home.
Dean D. Rowan, 62, of Rawlins, formerly of Lander and Fort Washakie, died Wednesday, May 23, 2012, at the Wyoming Medical Center in Casper. Funeral services are at 1 p.m. Wednesday, May 30, at the Davis Funeral Home in Riverton. There will also be a memorial service for Mr. Rowan at 2 p.m. Thursday, May 31, at the Jeffrey Center in Rawlins. Memorials in his name may be made through the Davis Funeral Home (www.theDavisFuneralHome.com) of Riverton.
Families of Tradition Parenting Conference, sponsored by the Northern Arapaho WIC/Infant Mortality Prevention & Eastern Shoshone Division of Family Services, is 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Rocky Mountain Hall, 19 North Fork Road, Fort Washakie. Transportation, meal and snacks provided.
Lander Days Street Celebration is 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. in the 200 and 400 blocks of Main Street, Lander. For more information, call 332-5902.
Strength and Flexibility/Fitness Class is at 6 p.m. at Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park, Riverton. This free event is part of National Physical Fitness and Sports Month at the library.
Public Meeting on Longterm Water Option is 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Wind River High School, Pavillion. Gov. Matt Mead and the Director of the Wyoming Water Development Office Mike Purcell will discuss a possible plan for supplying water to residents outside of Pavillion in Fremont County.
Zumba Fitness Class is at 7 p.m. at Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park, Riverton. This free event is part of National Physical Fitness and Sports Month at the library.
To add an event to the community calendar, please e-mail the information to email@example.com and include "community calendar" in the subject line.
In Riverton police reports from Friday to Tuesday morning:
- Travis Armajo, 31, of Arapahoe, was arrested for warrants (courtesy hold).
- Andrea Bennett, 30, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence (DUI).
- Thomas Denego, 22, of Ethete, was arrested for public intoxication.
- Malcolm Whiteplume, 21, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication.
- David Borders, 49, of Riverton, was arrested for DUI and leaving the scene of an accident.
- Larry Schaller, 30, of Riverton, was arrested for assault (domestic violence).
- Wendall Antelope, 30, of Riverton, was arrested for shoplifting and a warrant (failure to appear).
- Kyle Schieffer, 23, of Riverton, was arrested for simple assault and property destruction.
- Benjamin Piper, 46, of Riverton, was arrested for shoplifting and public intoxication.
- Lloyd Oldman, 32, of Riverton, was arrested for a warrant (failure to appear).
- Ernest Oldman, 28, of Riverton, was arrested for a warrant (contempt of court).
- Marcia Smith, 32, of Riverton, was arrested for DUI.
- Troy FastHorse, 20, of Riverton, was arrested for a warrant (failure to appear).
- Lois MedicineCloud, 47, of Riverton, was arrested for a warrant (contempt of court).
- Veronica Reyes, 20, of Riverton, was issued a citation for possession of marijuana.
- At 12:07 p.m. on Monday, the RPD responded to a call concerning a 16-year-old female reported missing in Seattle, Wash., who was reported panhandling at an entrance at the local Wal-Mart.
Capt. Eric Murphy said his agency was previously contacted by the National Center for Missing Children about the reported missing teen.
Murphy said officers arrived at the store but were unable to locate a female matching the description. The investigation is ongoing.
In Fremont County Sheriff's reports from Friday to Tuesday morning:
- Michael Anderson, 32, of Riverton, was arrested for trespassing.
- Gregory Florenece, 44, of Riverton, was arrested for DUI.
- Levi French, 24, of Riverton, was arrested for a warrant arrest for furnishing liquor to a minor and transporting or possessing alcohol in a motor vehicle with the intent to furnish to a person under 21 years old.
- Caleb Martinez, 23, of Riverton, was arrested for bond revocation.
- Mitchell Parker, 27, of Sugarland, Texas, was arrested for DUI and possession of a controlled substance.
- During the same time period, ambulance crews responded to 64 calls and firefighters were dispatched four times.