News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Small faction responsible for negativity at senior center
Jun 1, 2012 - Dee Reed, Riverton
In regard to our Riverton Senior Citizens Center, I feel it is time to air some positive comments in rebuttal for the recent negative comments made by a small, disgruntled faction of persons.
I do believe our wonderful and well-run senior center is the best one I've ever been to. First, I'd like to say that all employees, volunteers and board members are professional, highly competent, helpful and friendly.
Second, we are offered the following services at our center:
1. Excellent and low-priced food at breakfast and lunch, with friendly service by kitchen staff and dining room volunteers;
2. Monthly dinner dances;
3. Monthly outings on the bus to different Wyoming places of interest;
4. Medical equipment rentals;
5. Fully equipped exercise room;
6. Pool table and bingo;
7. Classes for computers, exercise, crafts, painting and miscellaneous others;
9. Speakers for medical and financial topics, advocates for seniors, and income tax assistance;
10. A new greenhouse;
11. Meeting rooms;
12 gift shop;
13. Finally, a beautiful multi-purpose reception room for rent, where we actually held our wedding reception.
If there are people who still continues to find fault with out great center, why don't the come to work as volunteers to help make it better?