A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Jun 5, 2012 - Staff
Edward "Eddie" Wadda, 42, of Fort Washakie, died Thursday, May 31, in a single car accident near Buffalo. Funeral services ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
Edward "Eddie" Wadda, 42, of Fort Washakie, died Thursday, May 31, in a single car accident near Buffalo. Funeral services are at noon Wednesday, June 6, at Rocky Mountain Hall in Fort Washakie. Interment will be in the Sacajawea Cemetery at Fort Washakie. A wake is at 7 p.m. Tuesday, June 5, at Rocky Mountain Hall. The family has plans to establish a memorial scholarship to continue his work and encouragement of Native American youth.
Friends of the Library Book Sale is 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park Ave.
Pathways of expression Exhibit Reception, sponsored by Community Entry Services, Wyoming Arts Council, Riverton Art Guild and Central Wyoming College, is 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theatre at Central Wyoming College, Riverton.
Author Norma Williamson Signing is at 7 p.m. at the Dubois Museum Dennison Lodge, 909 Ramshorn St., Dubois. The pictorial history boasts more than 200 vintage images and provides readers with a unique opportunity to reconnect with the history that shaped their community.
To add an event to the community calendar, please e-mail the information to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "community calendar"R00;in the subject line.
In Riverton police reports from Friday to Tuesday morning:
- Derek Bagby, 32, of Riverton, was arrested for contempt of court.
- Sherri Grunwald, 48, of Riverton, was arrested for bond revocation.
- Theresa Bell, 30, of Riverton, was arrested for contempt of court.
- Jonathan Arthur, 21, of Ethete, was arrested for a failure to appear warrant.
- David Calvert, 41, of Riverton, was arrested on warrants for contempt of court.
- Franklin Tail, 22, of Ethete, was arrested for public intoxication.
- Seth Blackburn, 22, of Arapahoe, was arrested for a warrant (courtesy hold).
- Kerry Anderson, 41, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence (DUI).
- Leonard Brown, 27, of Arapahoe, was arrested for DUI.
- Anderson Antelope, 50, of Lander, was arrested for a failure to appear warrant.
- Ivan Bear, 42, of St. Stephen's, was arrested for a failure to appear warrant.
- Shawn Farris, 33, of Riverton, was arrested for assault, resisting arrest and a failure to appear warrant.
- Vanessa Seminole, 27, of Riverton, was arrested for child endangerment.
- Clowry Means, 45, of Riverton, was arrested for a failure to appear warrant.
- Daniel Black, 30, of Lander, was arrested for resisting arrest. According to police reports, at 9:16 p.m. on Sunday, officers responded to RiverCity Bar in the 900 block of South Federal Boulevard concerning a man passed out in his vehicle.
"Officers arrived and made contact with Daniel Black, who reached into his pocket pretending to pull out a gun," RPD Capt. Eric Murphy said in a news release. "Officers grabbed Black by the hand and Mr. Black attempted to hit the officer in the face with his elbow."
Black was taken into custody.
- At 10:31 a.m. on Monday, police responded to the carnival at the Fremont County Fairgrounds concerning an assault.
Murphy said two employees with the carnival got into a physical altercation. One of the employees was hit four times in the face and was bleeding, but refused medical treatment and refused to press charges.
- Murphy said a red Toyota Tundra that was stolen in Riverton was found at Double Dives of the Wind River Indian Reservation and had been ran into a tree at a high rate of speed.
Murphy said the vehicle has severe frontend damage.
"Several beer bottles were located in the vehicle and is being processed by Riverton police detectives for fingerprints," he said.
No further information about the incident is available at this time.
In Fremont County Sheriff's reports from Friday to Tuesday morning:
- Bradley Gagner, 49, of Lander, was arrested for probation revocation.
- Misti Hereford, 31, of Lander, was arrested for probation revocation.
- Kenneth Persson, 48, of Lander, was arrested for probation revocation.
- Pauline Oldman, 33, of Lander, was arrested for probation revocation.
During the same time period, ambulance crews responded to 77 calls and firefighters were dispatched 23 times.
- At 12:19 p.m. on Saturday, the sheriff's office received a report of a man riding a bicycle near Jeffrey City who threatened another man with a handgun. According to the man who called police, the incident occurred at milepost 25 on Highway 789.
"The reporting party clarified the statement to a deputy sheriff stating that as he drove his bicycle past another cyclist on the highway, the cyclist obtained a handgun and held it in his hand while the reporting party drove past," sheriff's Capt. Ryan Lee said in a news release. "The gun was never pointed, and there were no threats made."
The unknown suspect was not located, Lee said.