TodayJun 6, 2012 Staff
Memorial services for Donald L. Brewer, 66, of Lander, are at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, June 7, at the Bethel Lutheran Church in Lander. Mr. Brewer died Sunday, June 3.
Dean E. Hyatt, 83, of Riverton, died Tuesday, June 5, at Wind River Healthcare in Riverton. Funeral services are at 10 a.m. Friday, June 8, at the Davis Funeral Home of Riverton. A viewing is 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday, June 7, at the Davis Funeral Home. Memorials may be made to the Riverton Veterans of Foreign Wars Post. Online condolences may be posted at www.the
Luella M. Logan, 81, of Rock Springs, died Monday, June 4, at her home. She was a lifelong resident of Rock Springs and the mother of Velara Curtis of Lander. Cremation will take place, and memorial services will be announced later.
John R. Mazet, 85, of Riverton, died Thursday, May 31, at the Help for Health Hospice Home in Riverton. In accordance with his wishes, there will be no service, and cremation has taken place. Memorials may be made to the Parkinson's Foundation or Help for Health Hospice Home
Karen A. Noon, 54, died Saturday, June 2, at the family home on the Wind River Indian Reservation. Funeral services were Tuesday, June 5, at Blue Sky Hall at Ethete. An evening service was Monday at Blue Sky Hall with a wake following at the family residence, No. 230 Willow Street, Ethete.
Diana K. SoundingSides, 24, died Saturday, June 2, at the Wyoming Medical Center in Casper, as the result of a one-car accident near Buffalo on Thursday, May 31. Funeral services are at 10 a.m. Thursday, June 7, at the Wyoming Indian High School gym at Ethete. Interment follows at the Willow Family Cemetery at Ethete. Rosary is Wednesday, June 6, at the WIHS gym with a wake to follow at the SoundingSides residence, No. 11 LoneBear Lane, Ethete.
Former Lander resident James Warren Taylor, 69, died Wednesday, May 2, in Rolette, N.D.
Bonnie S. Walters, 62, died Monday, June 4, at her home in Shoshoni. Funeral services are at 10 a.m. Saturday, June 9, at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Shoshoni. Interment will be in the Lake View Cemetery in Shoshoni. Online condolences may be posted at www.the
Pathways of ex
Author Norma Williamson Signing is at 7 p.m. at the Dubois Museum Dennison Lodge, 909 Ramshorn St., Dubois. The pictorial history boasts more than 200 vintage images and provides readers with a unique opportunity to reconnect with the history that shaped their community.
Brew Fest is 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the soccer fields next to Lander Valley High School, 400 Baldwin Creek Road, Lander. Bands include The Foot and Musketter Gripweed. For more information, visit www.landerbrewfest.com.
Third Annual Fremont Area Road Tour Registration is 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Museum of the American West, 1445 Main St., Lander. Routes are from 10 to 100 miles. Cost is $40 for Lander Cycling members and $50 for non-members. For more information, visit www.landercycling.org.
To add an event to the community calendar, please e-mail the information to email@example.com and include "community calendar"R00;in the subject line.
In Riverton police reports from Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- At 5:41 p.m. on Tuesday, police responded to the 500 block of North Federal Boulevard concerning controlled substances. Subsequently, Kathryn Jenkins, 19, of Riverton, was arrested for minor in possession of alcohol, and Sara Witt, 22, of St. Stephen's, was arrested for driving under the influence and possession of a controlled substance (prescription medications not prescribed to arrestee).
In Fremont County Sheriff's reports from Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Malcom Wade, 21, of Riverton, was arrested on a failure to appear warrant.
- Jasper Whitaker, 32, of Riverton, was arrested for possession of a controlled substance with intent.
- During the same time period, ambulance personnel responded to 15 calls and firefighters were dispatched six times.
- At 11:06 a.m. on Tuesday, police received a call from a woman in Riverton about a fraud attempt. The woman told police her father-in-law received a call from someone who told him his grandson was in jail and needed $1,800 cash.