A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Jul 5, 2012 - Staff
A daughter was born to Michaeleen Born, of Ethete, and Rex Curry, of Millcreek, at 2:05 a.m. June 14, 2012, at Lander ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
A daughter was born to Michaeleen Born, of Ethete, and Rex Curry, of Millcreek, at 2:05 a.m. June 14, 2012, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 8 pounds, 10 ounces.
A son was born to Ashley Wegner and Travis Daniels, of Riverton, at 8:44 a.m. June 10, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds.
A daughter was born to Tiana Jealous of Him, of Ethete, and Stephen Eagle, of Arapahoe, at 11:28 a.m. May 9, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds.
Bettylou Montz, 80, of Riverton, died Wednesday, July 4, at Wind River Health Care. According to her wishes cremation will take place, and there will be a memorial service. A full obituary will be published. Arrangements are under the direction of the Davis Funeral Home.
Historic Ranches Tour is at 9 a.m. at the Dubois Museum, 909 W. Ramshorn St., Dubois. Visit the Trail Lake and Ring Lake ranches in a tour sponsored by the Museum and Wind River Program of the Jackson Hole Land Trust. All-day tour includes a catered lunch. The program fee is $35. Reservations are required. For more information, call 455-2284 or visit www.duboismuseum.org.
Shoshoni Rose Casino Bad Boys of Bullriding is at 1 p.m. at the Triple X Rodeo Arena on WIllow Creek Road, Lander. For more information, visit www.triplexrodeoco.com.
Authentic "Cowboy Campfire" is at 6 p.m. at Louis Lake Lodge, 1811 Louis Lake Road, Lander. These Saturday evening activities feature cowboys reciting poetry, telling stories, playing music, making people laugh and cooking food. Jack Schmit and Kent Stockton, cowboy poets, to perform. Reservations are recommended. For more information, call Steve at 330-7571 or Charlie Whitlock at 850-2061. Tickets are $25 for a full dinner of western fare and entertainment or $4 to $6 for campfire entertainment. The events will happen every other Saturday through the summer: July 21, Aug. 4, Aug. 18 and Sept. 1.
To add an event to the community calendar, please e-mail the information to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "community calendar"R00;in the subject line.
In Riverton police reports from Tuesday to Thursday morning:
- Norman Chippewa, 41, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication.
- Kincaid Duran, 42, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication.
- Clowry Means, 45, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication.
- Douglas Ryberg, 43, of Pavillion, was arrested for driving under the influence (DUI), driving under suspension and no insurance.
- Rodeen Seminole, 44, of Lander, was arrested for forgery, possession of stolen property and interference.
- Guy Soundingsides, 25, of Riverton, was arrested for warrants (failure to appear and contempt of court).
- Jonathan Reyos, 22, of Riverton, was arrested for a courtesy hold.
- Marsha Blackburn, 24, of Riverton, was arrested for a failure to appear warrant and fighting in public.
- Cordell Washington, 38, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication.
- Brandon Smiley 26, of Riverton, was arrested for a warrant (failure to appear).
- Benjamin Piper, 47, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication.
- Carlene Headley, 51, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication.
- Edwin Thorn, 47, of Riverton, was arrested for DUI.
In Fremont County Sheriff's reports from Tuesday to Thursday morning:
- Michael Goggles, 18, of Riverton, was arrested for minor in possession and a failure to appear warrant.
- Eric Norman, 30, of Siletz, Ore., was arrested for a failure to appear warrant.
- Miguel Ruiz, 29, of Riverton, was arrested for simple assault.
- During the same time period, ambulance units responded to 42 calls and firefighters were dispatched 13 times.
The Wyoming State Engineer's Office report on stream flows, reservoir levels and canal diversions in the Wind River Basin as of Wednesday, July 4, are as listed in the first column. The readings for Tuesday, July 3, are in the second column. Measurements are in cubic feet per second unless otherwise stated.
Wind River near Dubois 213 219
Dinwoody Creek above Lakes, Near Burris 368 353
Bull Lake Creek above Bull Lake 716 711
Bull Lake Creek near Lenore 713 760
Wind River near Crowheart 2,020 2,020
Wind River near Kinnear 532 620
Wind River at Riverton 130 180
Little Popo Agie River near Lander 50 52
Little Wind River near Riverton 178 194
Wind River above Boysen Reservoir 415 478
Fivemile Creek near Shoshoni 234 223
Wind River below Boysen Reservoir 1,310 1,330