News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Feb 21, 2012 - Staff
Fort Washakie native Matilda A. Braman, 60, died of natural causes Thursday, Feb. 16, 2012, in Pocatello, Idaho. Traditional Native American teepee viewing and visitation were Saturday, Feb. 18, at the Good Shepherd Episcopal Mission at Fort Hall, Idaho. A wake was that evening. Episcopal funeral service and burial were Sunday, Feb. 19, at Good Shepherd Mission cemetery.
Funeral services for Bernard T. McCoy, 91, of Riverton, are at 10 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 23, at St. Margaret's Catholic Church in Riverton. A rosary is at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 22, at the Davis Funeral Home of Riverton with visitation one hour before the rosary. Mr. McCoy died Sunday, Feb. 19, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. Memorials may be made to the Help for Health Hospice Home. Online condolences for the family may be made at theDavisFuneralHome.com.
In Riverton police reports from Friday to Tuesday morning:
- At 9:01 a.m. on Friday, Cameron Redbird, 24, of Fort Yates, N.D., was arrested on a North Dakota felony warrant. The arrest occurred in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Derek Scott, 26, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for probation revocation at 10:38 a.m. on Friday in the 300 block of North Broadway Avenue.
- Clement Sittingeagle, 39, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication and on municipal court warrants. The arrest happened at 12:24 p.m. on Friday in the 600 block of West Adams Avenue.
- Steven Oldman, 21, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication and on a municipal court warrant. The arrest occurred at 2:59 p.m. on Friday in the 600 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- At 7:43 p.m. on Friday, police responded to a family fight in the 1300 block of East Main Street. Subsequently, Brandon Brown, 21, of Riverton, was arrested for assault (domestic violence).
- Shawnice Crazythunder, 18, of Riverton, was arrested on a municipal court warrant and for minor under the influence of alcohol. The arrest happened at 9:37 p.m. on Friday in the 300 block of East Madison Avenue.
- John Chavez, 29, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at 5:56 p.m. on Saturday in the 200 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Jody Blackburn, 31, of Riverton, was arrested on a municipal court warrant and Nelson Duran, 32, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication. Both arrests occurred at 7:56 p.m. on Saturday in the 600 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Reuben Behan, 26, of Riverton, was arrested on a municipal court warrant at 10:42 p.m. on Saturday in the 100 block of East Main Street. During the same stop, Stacy Medicinetop, 24, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for probation revocation.
- At 6:19 a.m. on Sunday in the 200 block of West Madison Avenue, James Large, 24, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication.
- Forrest Duran, 41, of Arapahoe, was arrested on municipal court warrants at 2:33 p.m. on Sunday in the 300 block of West Washington Avenue.
- At 11:10 p.m. on Sunday in the 900 block of South Federal Boulevard, Noble Glover, 47, of Hudson, was arrested for driving while under the influence (DUI).
- At 11:03 a.m. on Monday in the 800 block of East Jackson Avenue, police arrested Clowry Means, 45, of Riverton, for public intoxication.
In Fremont County Sheriff's reports from Friday to Tuesday morning:
- Evelyn Foursouls, 28, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for DUI and open container.
- Trevor Johnson, 28, of Riverton, was arrested for registration violation, no insurance and driving with a suspended license.
- Harriette Lowe, 31, of Riverton, was arrested for DUI.
- Rick Williams, 27, of Lander, was arrested for contempt of court.
- During the same time period, ambulance crews responded to 60 calls and firefighters were dispatched nine times.
- The Fremont County Sheriff's Office conducted a search- and- rescue mission on Monday in the Gas Hills area.
Capt. Ryan Lee in a news release said Robexy Figueroa, 31, of Miami, Fla., was attempting to drive from Casper to the Riverton area with the aid of a navigational device. Lee said the instrument informed Figueroa to turn down the Gas Hills Road from Highway 20/26, and he followed the advice.
"The Gas Hills Road has no winter maintenance from Highway 20/26 to its intersection with Highway 136," Lee said. "The dirt road is usually drifted shut in several places, with snow in the winter months."
Figueroa's Honda car became stuck in a large snowdrift. After attempting to dig the vehicle out for several hours, Lee said Figueroa left his vehicle and began walking to find help.
"He walked about eight miles through blowing and drifting snow until he was able to locate an oil field location that provided both shelter and a telephone," Lee said. "He contacted the Sheriff's Office requesting help."
The Riverton Search and Rescue division reached the man with the use of snow machines around 5 p.m. on Monday.
"He was brought out of the area and was given a ride to Riverton," Lee said. "The man was not injured."
- Grantor: PEARSON KAMERON KEITH Grantee: SMITH CODY MAE
- Grantor: NUCKOLLS MATTHEW LLOYD Grantee: PARK RACHEL LYNN