A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Aug 30, 2012 - Staff
A son was born to Elizabeth Roanhorse, of Ethete, and Dwayne Wahtomy Jr., of Ethete, at 2:18 p.m. April 14, 2012, at ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
A son was born to Elizabeth Roanhorse, of Ethete, and Dwayne Wahtomy Jr., of Ethete, at 2:18 p.m. April 14, 2012, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 9 pounds, 12 ounces.
A son was born to Kelli and Justin Walker, of Pavillion, at 9:03 a.m. July 3, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds, 6 ounces.
A daughter was born to Lena Warren and Justin Enos, of Lander, at 1:14 a.m. May 10, 2012, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds.
A son was born to Katrina and Kevin Washakie Sr., of Fort Washakie, at 9:12 p.m. May 29, 2012, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 9 pounds, 1 ounce.
A son was born to Jamay Blackburn and Kayle Washington, of St. Stephens, at 1:53 a.m. July 25, 2012, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 8 pounds.
A daughter was born to Fernando Castillo, of Phoenix, and Paul Waterman, of Oklahoma, at 10:11 p.m. July 17, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds.
A son was born to Stephanie Brennan and Coal Weed, of Fort Washakie, at 4:03 p.m. March 5, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds, 7 ounces.
Nite Lite Glow Ball is at Antelope Hills Golf Course, 126 Clubhouse Drive, Dubois. For more information, call 455-2888.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Seth Lebeau, 29, of Lander, was arrested for possession of a controlled substance.
- Christopher Moseley, 32, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence and no insurance.
- Lechelle Spoonhunter, 32, of Lander, was arrested for DUI.
- Shasta Wesaw, 31, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for possession of a controlled substance.
- Deputies responded at about 2 p.m. Wednesday to reports that a man was possibly lost at Boysen Reservoir. According to reports, a 53-year-old man said he had been driving in the area with another individual, whose pickup truck became stuck sometime Sunday. The 53-year-old reportedly went for a walk and got lost, but was able to find his way back to Riverton by Wednesday. He reportedly was unable to locate the other man, so he called the sheriff's office. Deputies said they located the second man and his vehicle at a residence in Riverton; he reported that he was fine and never lost.
- Deputies responded at about 4 p.m. Wednesday to reports that a woman had gone into the water and failed to surface at the Rendezvous ponds in southeast Riverton. Officials said they located the woman in the water and determined that she was heavily intoxicated and had refused to get out of the water at her friends' repeated requests. Deputies said they noticed that the woman's friends had fled the area in a vehicle after officials arrived on scene. After apprehending the vehicles, deputies said the driver, Lechelle Spoonhunter, 32, of Lander, was intoxicated. She was arrested for driving under the influence and taken to jail. The woman in the water, 38-year-old Delsie Headley, of Riverton, was taken to the Fremont County Alcohol Crisis Center along with three individuals who had been passengers in the vehicle driven by Spoonhunter.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Ardie Longsoldier, 42, of Riverton, was arrested on municipal warrants at about 9:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 300 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Herbert Augustine, 55, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant at about 12:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 2100 block of West Sunset Drive.
- Wolbert Muggelberg, 22, of Riverton, was arrested for probation revocation at about 12:35 p.m. Wednesday in the 900 block of North Broadway Avenue.
- Sistenes Tafoya, 26, of Riverton, was arrested on a municipal warrant at about 2 p.m. Wednesday at the intersection of Webbwood Road and Lewis Street.
The Wyoming State Engineer's Office report on stream flows, reservoir levels and canal diversions in the Wind River Basin as of Wednesday, Aug. 29, are as listed in the first column. The readings for Tuesday, Aug. 28, are in the second column. Measurements are in cubic feet per second unless otherwise stated.
Wind River near Dubois 79 80
Dinwoody Creek above Lakes, Near Burris 277 246
Bull Lake Creek above Bull Lake 190 175
Bull Lake Creek near Lenore 1,370 1,380
Wind River near Crowheart 1,610 1,630
Wind River near Kinnear 353 351
Wind River at Riverton 24 34
Little Popo Agie River near Lander 35 40
Little Wind River near Riverton 27 28
Wind River above Boysen Reservoir 176 185
Fivemile Creek near Shoshoni 331 350
Wind River below Boysen Reservoir 918 942