A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Aug 31, 2012 - Staff
A daughter was born to Minnie Finicomb, of Lander, at 8:16 a.m. April 12, 2012, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
A daughter was born to Minnie Finicomb, of Lander, at 8:16 a.m. April 12, 2012, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 5 pounds, 14 ounces.
A son was born to Ramona Keller, of Riverton, at 8 p.m. July 28, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 14 ounces.
A son was born to Lee Anne and Donald Kelly, of Riverton, at 12:04 a.m. July 13, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 8 pounds, 1 ounce.
A daughter was born to Ashton and Trevor Killinger, of Riverton, at 7:35 p.m. May 2, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 7 ounces.
A son was born to Adora and David King, of Lander, at 6:54 p.m. June 16, 2012, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 6 ounces.
A daughter was born to Whitney and Dustin Kinney at 11:15 p.m. April 6, 2012, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 8 pounds, 3 ounces.
A daughter was born to Jessica and J. Garrett Klein, of Pavillion, at 8:24 p.m. Aug. 8, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 8 ounces.
A son was born to Rhiann and Justin Layton, of Lander, at 10:26 p.m. Aug. 11, 2012, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 8 pounds.
Sheep Trap Trek is 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Dubois Museum, 909 W. Ramshorn St., Dubois. Participants should meet at the museum at for a free afternoon hike to an ancient Sheep Eater Rocky Mountain Bighorn sheep trap in the foothills of the Wind River Mountain range. Participants will carpool to the trailhead. For more information, call 455-2284 or visit www.duboismuseum.org.
Shoshoni Labor Day Rodeo is 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Shoshoni Activities Association Arena on South Maple Street, Shoshoni. Tickets are $5. For more information, call 262-6094 or e-mail at email@example.com.
Shoshoni Labor Day Rodeo is 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Shoshoni Activities Association Arena on South Maple Street, Shoshoni. Tickets are $5. For more information, call 262-6094 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Teressa SunRhodes, 22, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence, open container and driving under suspension.
- Area firefighters responded at about 10 a.m. Thursday to reports that a piece of logging equipment was on fire on Union Pass Road. Fremont County Firewise coordinator Ron Cunningham said the piece of equipment --Âa feller buncher used to cut down trees -- belonged to a logging contractor hired by the U.S. Forest Service to build a fire break in the area.
"For whatever reason it had some mechanical issue yesterday morning and caught on fire," Cunningham said Friday. "It was destroyed."
The blaze threatened a pile of cut trees, but Cunningham said none of the wood burned because of a quick response from the Dubois Fire Department, the Forest Service and the Bureau of Land Management. The fire took place almost a mile from area residences. Cunningham estimated the buncher was worth about $400,000.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Dustin Elder, 21, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication 8:30 a.m. Thursday in the 200 block of West Adams Avenue.
- Doug Bigmedicine, 34, of St. Stephens, was arrested on municipal warrants and for shoplifting at about 3:20 p.m. Thursday at Walmart.
- Brian Goggles, 36, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication and resisting arrest at about 6:30 p.m. Thursday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
The Wyoming State Engineer's Office report on stream flows, reservoir levels and canal diversions in the Wind River Basin as of Thursday, Aug. 30, are as listed in the first column. The readings for Wednesday, Aug. 29, are in the second column. Measurements are in cubic feet per second unless otherwise stated.
Wind River near Dubois 78 79
Dinwoody Creek above Lakes, Near Burris 268 277Â
Bull Lake Creek above Bull Lake 207 190Â
Bull Lake Creek near Lenore 1,360 1,370Â
Wind River near Crowheart 1,590 1,610
Wind River near Kinnear 354 353ÂÂ
Wind River at Riverton 24 24Â
Little Popo Agie River near Lander 31 35
Little Wind River near Riverton 26 27ÂÂ
Wind River above Boysen Reservoir 166 176Â
Fivemile Creek near Shoshoni 314 331
Wind River below Boysen Reservoir 921 918