TodaySep 11, 2012 Staff
Joan I. Cuthbertson, 80, of Lander, died Monday, Sept. 10, at the Westward Heights Care Center. According to her wishes, cremation will take place. Services are under the direction of the Davis Funeral Home of Riverton.
Virginia Mary (Lee) Johnson, 91, died Saturday, Sept. 1, at her home in Lander. Memorial services will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 15, 2012, at the Trinity Episcopal Church in Lander with the Rev. Ray Price officiating. Burial will take place at a later date.
Linda J. Revere, 57, died Saturday, Sept. 8, at her home in Ethete. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 12, at St. Joseph's Catholic Church with Father John Gaffney officiating. Interment will follow at the Friday Cemetery. A rosary will be at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 11, at St. Joseph's Catholic Church with a wake to follow at the family home, 473 Ethete Road. Services are under the direction of the Davis Funeral Home of Riverton.
Theron Quiver, 18, died Monday, Sept. 3. Funeral services were at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 11, at Blue Sky Hall. Interment will be in the Yellowcalf Cemetery.
69th One Shot Antelope Hunt is Sept. 12 to Sept. 15 at the north field at Lander Valley High School, 350 Baldwin Creek Road, Lander.
Butch Cassidy Discussion and Book Signing is at 7 p.m. at the Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park Ave.
69th One Shot Antelope Hunt is Sept. 12 to Sept. 15 at the north field at Lander Valley High School, 350 Baldwin Creek Road, Lander. For more information, call 332-8190 or visit oneshotpastshooters.com.
Jeanne MacKenzie Landscape Plein Air Workshop is 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Headwaters Arts and Conference Center, 20 Stalnaker St., Dubois. The three-day workshop is $275. For more information, call 970-215-9220 or 455-3404 or visit www.headwaterscenter.org.
Riverton Girl Scout Recruitment Night is 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Sept. 13 at Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park Ave. Girls can make Christmas cards for the troops while parents gather information about Scouting.
Wind River Reservation Tribal Farmers Market is 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. in the bus barn parking lot at St. Stephens School, Arapahoe.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Devon Souza, 18, was arrested on a Laramie County warrant at about 3:10 p.m. Friday in the 800 block of East Jackson Avenue.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Kimberly Potter, 24, of Riverton, was arrested for possession of a controlled substance (marijuana) at about 12:35 a.m. Friday in the 500 block of South First Street.
- John Amos, 28, of Riverton, was arrested for child endangerment at about 2:45 a.m. Friday in the 1500 block of Redwood Drive.
- Barry Lucas, 47, of Riverton, was arrested for bond revocation at about 9:50 a.m. Friday in the 300 block of North Broadway Avenue.
- Ivan Bear, 43, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication and shoplifting at about 7:20 p.m. Friday at Walmart.
- White St. Clair, 33, of Riverton, was arrested on Fremont County warrants at about 9 p.m. Friday in the 900 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Jose Sanchez, 55, of North Las Vegas, Nev., was arrested for driving under the influence at about 1:15 a.m. Saturday in the 700 block of East Main Street.
- Cefus Wood, 22, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 2 a.m. Saturday at the intersection of Main and East Third streets.
- Jonah Prescott, 18, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 6:30 a.m. Saturday in the 3500 block of Riverview Road.
- Jesse Manzanares, 30, of Riverton, was arrested on municipal warrants at about 11:50 a.m. Saturday on Blackfoot Avenue.
- Shane Blackburn, 24, of Riverton, was arrested on a municipal warrant and for disturbing the peace at about 1:45 p.m. Saturday in the 800 block of East Main Street. With him was Joseph Twiss, 38, of Riverton, who also was arrested on a municipal warrant and for disturbing the peace. According to initial reports, officers were responding to calls about a fight.
- Jamie Johnson, 47, of Riverton, was arrested for possession of a controlled substance (marijuana) at about 6:25 p.m. Saturday in the 2000 block of North Federal Boulevard. With him were Stephanie Williams, 52, of Riverton, and Ceila Warren, 33, of Riverton, both of whom were arrested for possession of a controlled substance (marijuana).
- Laurene Arthur, 19, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication and minor in possession of alcohol at about 6:35 a.m. Sunday in the 800 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Steven Dodge, 30, of Riverton, was arrested on a Bighorn County warrant and for domestic violence battery at about 4:50 a.m. Monday in the 600 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Joshua Keele, 26, of Riverton, was arrested for probation revocation at about 8:20 p.m. Monday in the 1000 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Officers responded at about 4 p.m. Monday to reports of a weapon being fired in the 2200 block of Broad Acres Avenue. A resident in the area reportedly showed officers a garage door that had been damaged by what appeared to be pellets from a shotgun. Upon further investigation, officers determined that a 71-year-old man had discharged a .410 gauge shotgun from the 2200 block of West Bend Avenue while shooting at birds in his backyard. The 71-year-old man was issued a misdemeanor citation for discharging a firearm in city limits. No injuries were reported, and police would not release the man's name.
The Wyoming State Engineer's Office report on stream flows, reservoir levels and canal diversions in the Wind River Basin as of Monday, Sept. 10, are as listed in the first column. The readings for Sunday, Sept. 9, are in the second column. Measurements are in cubic feet per second unless otherwise stated.
Wind River near Dubois 78 78
Dinwoody Creek above Lakes, Near Burris 171 153
Bull Lake Creek above Bull Lake 125 123
Bull Lake Creek near Lenore 1,200 1,210
Wind River near Crowheart 1,400 1,410
Wind River near Kinnear 345 352
Wind River at Riverton 43 52
Little Popo Agie River near Lander 18 18
Little Wind River near Riverton 40 40
Wind River above Boysen Reservoir 186 191
Fivemile Creek near Shoshoni 350 331
Wind River below Boysen Reservoir 850 841