TodayFeb 23, 2012 Staff
A daughter was born to Robyn and Ross Johnson, of Riverton, at 2:14 p.m. Feb. 7, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 7 pounds, 15 ounces.
A son was born to Haley Owens, of Riverton, at 5:23 a.m. Feb. 9, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 9 ounces.
A son was born to Cassandra and Devon Scherf, of Riverton, at 12:46 a.m. Feb. 7, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds, 7 ounces.
A son was born to Lana and Aaron Sorensen, of Riverton, at 11:48 a.m. Jan. 30, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 10 pounds, 5 ounces.
Donald E. Jacobs, 86, a longtime resident of Lander, died Saturday, Feb. 18, 2012, after a short stay at Morning Star Care Center in Fort Washakie. A celebration of his life will be Friday, May 18, at the Chapel of Mount Hope, Hudson's Funeral Home in Lander, with a reception at the Lander Elks Lodge following the service. The time will be announced at a future date. Memorials may be made to Amedisys Hospice of Riverton, 716 College View Drive, Ste. C, Riverton, WY 82501 or the Lander Senior Center, 205 South 10th St., Lander, WY 82520. The online guest book is available at www.Hudsons
Carrie J. McDowell, 51, of rural Riverton, died Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2012, at Morning Star Manor at Fort Washakie. Cremation has taken place and no services will be held. Memorials may be made to the Riverton Animal Shelter/PAWS. Online condolences may be made at www.theDavisFuneral
Longtime Riverton resident June Riley-Beckwith, 92, died Sunday, Jan. 15, 2012. Memorial services are at 2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 25, at St. James Episcopal Church in Riverton.
Former Riverton resident Edna M. Wood, 96, died Saturday, Feb. 18, 2012, in Boise, Idaho. A celebration of life is at 1 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 25, at Daken Funeral Chapel in Caldwell, Idaho, with a reception following at CV Peckham Community Center, adjacent to Daken Chapel. Private interment will be at Hillcrest Memorial Gardens in Caldwell. There will be a viewing from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, Feb. 24, at the funeral home in Caldwell. Memorials may be made to Legacy Hospice, 680 S. Progress Ave. No. 2, Meridian, ID 83642, or a charity of the donor's choice. Condolences may be posted at www.dakanfuneralchapel.com.
In Riverton police reports from Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Shawnice Crazythunder, 18, of Riverton, was arrested for minor under the influence of alcohol.
- Bridget Woolsey, 18, of Riverton, was arrested for assault (domestic violence).
- John Chavez, 29, of Riverton, was arrested for disturbing the peace.
In Fremont County Sheriff's reports from Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- David Dobson, 49, of Dubois, was arrested for failure to appear.
- During the same time period, ambulance crews responded to 14 calls for assistance and firefighters were called out three times.
- Grantor: FRANCHINI MICHAEL S Legal: Sub/Mine: RAMSHORN 2ND ADD DU Lot: 5 Block: 15 City: DU..., Sub/Mine: RAMSHORN 2ND ADD DU Lot: 6 Block: 15 City: DU... Grantee: FRANCHINI MICHAEL S TRUSTEE, FRANCHINI MICHAEL S LIVING TRUST
- Grantor: O NEAL WILLIAM JR Legal: Half: W Quarter: NE Section: 11 Township: 4n Range: 4w , Quarter: SWNW Section: 12 Township: 4n Range: 4w , Quarter: NWSW Section: 12 Township: 4n Range: 4w Grantee: O NEAL WILLIAM A Notes: RESERVING LIFE ESTATE, MINERAL RESERVATIONS
- Grantor: O NEAL WILLIAM FRANCIS Legal: Section: 4 Township: 4n Range: 4w Lot: 2 Grantee: O NEAL WILLIAM A Notes: RESERVING LIFE ESTATE
- Grantor: O NEAL WILLIAM JR Legal: Section: 34 Township: 5N Range: 4W Remarks: LOT 8, Quarter: SWNE Section: 3 Township: 4N Range: 4W , Half: E Quarter: SW Section: 11 Township: 4N Range: 4W Grantee: O NEAL WILLIAM Notes: RESERVING LIFE ESTATE
- Grantor: NICHOLAS ALEX TYREL JOEL Grantee: ECKHARDT SHYLA DON
- Grantor: HILL FREDERICK WILL MATTHEW Grantee: MEFFERD ASHLEY MARIE
- Grantor: BENCH ADAM RODNEY Grantee: HAWK ANNASTAZIA NMN
- Grantor: CALDWELL DANIEL OTTIS III Grantee: O BRIEN LARINDA LEE