Sep 21, 2012 - StaffBirths
A daughter was born to Alexa and Eric Nowland, of Riverton, at 2:19 p.m. May 8, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces.
A son was born to Kayla and Dallas Olson, of Riverton, at 9:38 a.m. Aug. 28, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds, 12 ounces.
Donald Johnson, 74, of Lander, died Monday, July 9, 2012, at Manning Regional Healthcare Center in Manning, Iowa. Memorial services will be at 11 a.m. Friday, Sept. 28, at Bethel Lutheran Church in Lander. Mr. Johnson's family will greet friends at the church from 10 a.m. until the time of service.
Araceli "Audi" Ton'a Mascarenaz, 16, died Friday, Sept. 7, in Idaho Falls, Idaho. A funeral service will be at 12:30 p.m. Monday, Sept. 24, in St. Stephen's at the Mission. Burial will follow at 2:40 p.m. in the Sacajawea Cemetery, Fort Washakie.
Zumba With Melissa Garrett is at 6 p.m. at the Shoshoni Recreation District Building, 97 Maple Street, Shoshoni. Cost is $15 for six weeks or $3 a session.
Nude Beach Concert is at the Lander Bar, 126 Main St., Lander. From Brooklyn, these three guys play solid guitar-based rock 'n' roll.
Shoshone National Forest Public Meeting is 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Headwaters Art and Convention Center, 17 Stalnake St., Dubois.
Introduction to Computers and Windows 7 Class is 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Fort Washakie Learning Center, 12 North Fork Road, Fort Washakie. Cost is $30. For more information or to sign up, call the Learning Center at 335-7639.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- No arrests were recorded during this timeframe.
- Deputies responded at about 9:30 a.m. Thursday to a one-vehicle rollover on Horse Creek Road. According to reports, Edith Martin, 67, of Dubois, was the driver and sole occupant of her 2003 Chevrolet Suburban. She reportedly lost control of her vehicle on a gravel portion of the roadway while attempting to negotiate a corner at "too high of speeds," according to officials. The Suburban reportedly rolled onto its side. Officials said Martin did not complain of injury and was not transported by emergency medical services.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Brian Goggles, 36, of Riverton, was arrested for assault at about 3 p.m. Thursday in the 800 block of East Main Street. Officers were responding to calls about domestic abuse according to initial reports.
- Steven Amos, 40, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 5:30 p.m. Thursday in the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Thomas Keele, 45, of Riverton, was arrested for possession of a controlled substance (marijuana and methamphetamine) at about 6 p.m. Thursday in the 700 block of Spencer Street.
- Ronald Benally, 40, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for shoplifting, resisting arrest and on a Fremont County warrant for probation revocation at about 7 p.m. Thursday in the 600 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Michael Anderson, 33, of Riverton, was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon at about 7:20 p.m. Thursday in the 400 block of East Madison Avenue. RPD Capt. C.T. Smith said Anderson, who was intoxicated at the time, was arrested because he was reportedly hiding a knife in his pants while he was in the presence of officers. Smith said carrying a concealed weapon while intoxicated is a violation of law.
The Wyoming State Engineer's Office report on stream flows, reservoir levels and canal diversions in the Wind River Basin as of Thursday, Sept. 20, are as listed in the first column. The readings for Wednesday, Sept. 19, are in the second column. Measurements are in cubic feet per second unless otherwise stated.
Wind River near Dubois 74 74
Dinwoody Creek above Lakes, Near Burris 125 126
Bull Lake Creek above Bull Lake 101 102
Bull Lake Creek near Lenore 157 634
Wind River near Crowheart 482 857
Wind River near Kinnear 308 262
Wind River at Riverton 46 52
Little Popo Agie River near Lander 17 16
Little Wind River near Riverton 47 46
Wind River above Boysen Reservoir 258 257
Fivemile Creek near Shoshoni 298 294
Wind River below Boysen Reservoir 815 818
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.