News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Sep 28, 2012 - Staff
Lt. Col. David "Bo" Coats, 81, formerly of Shoshoni, died Sunday, Aug. 5, 2012, in Titusville, Fla., surrounded by his loving family. A memorial service will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 29, at Davis Funeral Home in Riverton with Pastor Mark Thurman of the United Methodist Church officiating. Graveside services with full military honors will follow at Mountain View Cemetery. Following the service, a celebration of his life is planned at 3 p.m. at the Rustic Pine Tavern in Dubois. In lieu of flowers, memorial gifts may be made to New Mexico State University basketball program. Services are under the direction of the Davis Funeral Home of Riverton.
Eila Gould Ellington, 74, of Riverton, died at her home in Riverton. She was a longtime Riverton High School English teacher. She is survived by her daughter Samantha Hamilton and her husband Tom and their daughter, Harper, of Boise, Idaho. Services are pending at the Davis Funeral Home of Riverton.
Phil Stombaugh Discussion is at 10 a.m. at the Neighborhood Alliance Church, 4440 Riverview Road, Riverton. Phil Stombaugh recently returned from Guinea, West Africa, and will give an informative talk about his trip. Stombaugh is a missionary affiliated with the Christian and Missionary Alliance and is currently on tour with churches in the West.
Friends of Fair Pot Luck Dinner is at 6 p.m. at the Fremont Center at the Fremont County Fairgrounds, 705 Fairgrounds Road, Riverton. Please join us to start the planning and supporting of the 100th fair. For more information, call Patty at 851-3842.
Zumba With Melissa Garrett is at 6 p.m. at the Shoshoni Recreation District Building, 97 Maple Street, Shoshoni. Cost is $15 for six weeks or $3 a session.
Paul Taylor Dance Group is at 7 p.m. at 350 Baldwin Creek Road, Lander.
Banned Books Read-Out is at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 2 at the Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park Ave. Community members and leaders will perform readings from banned and challenged books.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Dora Florence Barger from James J. Barger.
Melanie Ann Smith-Belveal from Phillip Walter Belveal Jr. Wife granted sole custody of minor child. Wife's former name of Smith restored.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday to Friday morning:
‚ÄĘ¬ Steven Amos, 40, of Riverton, was arrested for assault on a peace officer at about 12:20 a.m. Thursday in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard. According to reports, Amos was being transported to the Fremont County Detention Center for a previous arrest for public intoxication. He reportedly spat in an officer's face during the ride, leading to the additional charge.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday to Friday morning:
‚ÄĘ¬ No arrests were recorded during this timeframe.
- Grantor: NELSON GARY DWAINE PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVE, NELSON RUTH ESTATE OF Legal: Sub/Mine: SUNSET 1ST ADD LA Lot: 1 Block: 1 City: LANDER¬ Grantee: PLATT DUSTIN J, PLATT JENNIFER L¬
- Grantor: CITIFINANCIAL INC Legal: Sub/Mine: HIGHLAND PARK 2ND ADD RI Lot: 20 Block: 3 Cit..., Sub/Mine: VIRGINIA DALE 2ND ADD RI Lot: 11 Block: 4 Cit...¬ Grantee: POGLAJEN RICHARD¬ Notes: SPECIAL WARRANTY DEED ¬
- Grantor: MORGART LEAH, MORGART WAYNE G JR, MORGART RICHARD V, ... Legal: Sub/Mine: SHOSHONI ORIGINAL TOWN OF SH Lot: 3 Block: 16 ..., Sub/Mine: SHOSHONI ORIGINAL TOWN OF SH Lot: 4 Block: 16 ..., Sub/Mine: SHOSHONI ORIGINAL TOWN OF SH Lot: 5 Block: 16 ..., ...¬ Grantee: BOECKEN MARY¬
- Grantor: PENDERGRAFT CHRISTOPHER E, PENDERGRAFT JILL L Legal: Sub/Mine: WY INDUSTRIAL PARK FILING #1 REPLAT #2 RI Lot...¬ Grantee: WIGGS CRAIG L, WIGGS KATHLEEN S¬
- Grantor: MOWRY JAMES, MOWRY SHELLY Legal: Sub/Mine: LOGAN PARK 1ST ADD RI Lot: 10 Block: 4 City: ...¬ Grantee: ANDERSON ROSS¬
- Grantor: TROVER W MORRIS, TROVER IRAS W Legal: Sub/Mine: PARK VIEW ADD RI Lot: 10 Block: 1 City: RIVER...¬ Grantee: TROVER WELLINGTON MORRIS TRUSTEE, TROVER IRAS WRIGHT TRUSTEE, TROVER FAMILY LIVING TRUST¬
- Grantor: CLEVELAND RONALD JAMES Legal: Sub/Mine: DECKER ADD LA Lot: 7 Block: 2 City: LANDER¬ Grantee: CLEVELAND RONALD JAMES, CLEVELAND MARY LOU¬