TodayOct 2, 2012 Staff
In Sunday's Ranger, the page one quotation graphic in the "Culture of Compassion" story should have said Cheryl Mowry is the Riverton Middle School principal.
Sharon Y. Ford, 67, died Monday, Oct. 1, at her home. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 4, at Davis Funeral Home. Interment will follow at Lake View Cemetery in Shoshoni. A visitation will be 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 3, at Davis Funeral Home.
Marcia Q. Haworth, 78, of Riverton, died Tuesday, Oct. 2, at her home. Arrangements are pending at the Davis Funeral Home.
Bervadon Mitchell, 81, died Saturday, Sept. 29, in Casper. Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 6, at Davis Funeral Home.
Tommy R. Vechnak, 66, of Riverton, died Saturday, Sept. 29, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. Visitation of family and friends will be 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 2, at Davis Funeral Home.
Friends of the Library Book Sale is 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park Ave.
Wind River Reservation Tribal Farmers Market is 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. in the bus barn parking lot at St. Stephens School, Arapahoe.
Central Wyoming College Foundations Oktoberfest Fundraiser is at 6 p.m. at the Holiday Inn, 900 E. Sunset Drive, Riverton. Tickets are $25. For more information, call 855-2035 or visit www.cwc.edu.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Charity Carrier, 31, of Ethete, was arrested for contempt of court.
- Jared Dahlstedt, 35, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant out of Converse County, reportedly for failure to pay child support.
- Karl Fournier, 34, of Riverton, was arrested for simple assault at about 11 a.m. Friday in the 1000 block of East Fremont Avenue.
- Gary Lee, 50, of Lander, was arrested for driving under the influence and no valid driver's license.
- Daniel Riley, 37, of Fort Washakie, was arrested on a warrant for probation revocation at about 12:15 p.m. Friday in the 100 block of Norkok Street in Fort Washakie.
- Anthony Taylor, 22, of Shoshoni, was arrested on a warrant for probation revocation at about 3:10 a.m. Saturday at the intersection of Smith Road and East Adams Avenue in Riverton.
- Richard Helm, 58, of Lander, was arrested for contempt of court.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Bud Perry, 28, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for resisting arrest at about 3:15 p.m. Friday in the 400 block of North Fourth Street West.
- Douglas Johnson, 21, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant at about 4:10 p.m. Friday in the 1500 block of Dorrie Street.
- Colin Amos, 25, of Riverton, was arrested for domestic violence assault and on a warrant for failure to appear at about 4:40 p.m. Friday in the 700 block of Eagle Drive.
- Kenneth Shakespeare, 26, of Arapahoe, was arrested for shoplifting and public intoxication at about 10:15 p.m. Friday in the 600 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Eugene Ridgley, 51, of Ethete, was arrested for public intoxication at about noon Saturday in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Bryan Antelope, 20, of Riverton was arrested for disturbing the peace, resisting arrest and property destruction at about 6:30 p.m. Saturday in the 200 block of East Main Street.
- Bobby Welch, 20, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 9:45 p.m. Saturday in the 200 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Dawn Lemley, 23, of Riverton, was arrested for careless driving and eluding police at about 12:10 a.m. Sunday in the 1000 block of Mary Anne Drive. According to reports, police were called to the area regarding a woman who had been assaulted and dragged out of a residence by a male subject. The man reportedly forced the woman into a black Chevy Tahoe. Officers said they located the Tahoe and attempted a traffic stop, and the driver refused to stop. Officers eventually took the female driver, Lemley, into custody, while a male passenger reportedly escaped. Lemley reportedly told officers that she had not been assaulted or forced from the residence.
- Anthony Lopez, 26, of Casper, was arrested for breach of peace at about 1:50 a.m. Sunday in the 2300 block of Walnut Drive.
- Kenneth Shakespeare, 26, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication at about 11:15 a.m. Monday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Juanita Brokenleg, 36, of Ethete, was arrested for public intoxication and disturbing the peace at about 5:50 p.m. Monday in the 800 block of East Main Street. With her was Denise Piper, 29, of Ethete, who also was arrested for public intoxication and disturbing the peace.