News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Oct 4, 2012 - Staff
Cowboy Day 5K/10K Run/Walk is at 9 a.m. at the Shoshoni Recreation District building, 97 S. Maple St., Shoshoni. There is an early bird registration discount and T-shirts will be provided. The proceeds will go toward purchasing new playground equipment for Travis Park in Shoshoni.
Annual Fall Craft Fair and Business Expo is 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at St. Margaret's Gym, 419 E. Park Ave. Event includes a variety of crafters and vendors and food and drawings. For more information or to register a table, call 857-1613.
Farmers Market Annual Pumpkin Weigh Off is at 10 a.m. at the Rocky Mountain Discount Sports parking lot, 709 N. Federal Blvd., Riverton. Categories include heaviest pumpkin, most unusual pumpkin, perfect pumpkin, smallest pumpkin, pumpkin dessert and largest vegetable, nonpumpkin. For more information, call 857-3011 or 856-6570.
Reader's Run is at 10 a.m. at the Lander Library's Second Street entrance, 200 Amoretti St., Lander. Proceeds from the 5K run/walk will go toward the Canteen Summer Reading Program.
Horseshoe Tournament is at 2 p.m. at the Centennial Park in Shoshoni.
"Empty Bowls" Soup 'n' More Fundraiser is 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Noble Hotel, 288 Main St., Lander. Tickets are $30. The proceeds go toward the Lander Care and Share Food Bank. For more information, call 349-5509 or e-mail email@example.com.
Seventh Annual Paws and Pearls Wine Tasting is at 7 p.m. in the Fremont Center at the Fremont County Fairgrounds, 705 Fairgrounds Road, Riverton. Semi-formal attire optional. Guests can sample more than 50 wines from around the world and hors d'ouevres and a selection of specialty beers, scotch, coffee and non-alcoholic beverages. Tickets are $40 in advance and are available at the Hooper Law Office, The Stock Doc and the Riverton Animal Adoption Center.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Janet Bowlsby from Daniel Bowlsby. Wife granted custody of minor child.
Loretta Brown from Trevor Brown. Joint custody of minor children.
Lara A. Burke from Richard A. Burke. Wife granted custody of minor children.
Barbara Ann Burns from David Duane Burns. Wife's former name of Strasser to be restored.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- No arrests were recorded during this timeframe.
- Members of the Fremont County Fire Protection District responded at about 7:45 p.m. Wednesday to reports of a structure fire in the 1400 block of Missouri Valley Road near Pavillion. According to reports, a shop building on the property was on fire resulting in the loss of tools and farming equipment but not the structure itself. Residents of the property were in their house at the time of the blaze, which is under investigation through the State Fire Marshal's Office. Officials said the incident is not considered suspicious. Firefighters were on scene for almost six hours.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Shawnice CrazyThunder, 19, of Riverton, was arrested for minor under the influence at about 12:15 p.m. Wednesday in the 3000 block of College Hill Drive.
- Vincent Yellowbear, 51, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 3 p.m. Wednesday at City Park.
- Yvette Blackburn, 48, of Arapahoe, was arrested on two warrants for contempt of court at about 5:45 p.m. Wednesday in the 100 block of North Broadway Avenue. With her was Rosetta Antelope, 23, of Arapahoe, who was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear. Rachel Antelope, 29, of Arapahoe, also was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear during the same incident.
- Grantor: MOFFAT SUSAN, HARRISON LISA, HARRISON ELIZABETH M, ... Legal: Quarter: SE Section: 2 Township: 41n Range: 107w , Quarter: SESE Section: 2 Township: 41n Range: 107w Grantee: HARRISON LISA, HARRISON ELIZABETH M, HARRISON PATRICK L, ...
- Grantor: ROSEBERRY JAMES, ROSEBERRY PHYLLIS Legal: Sub/Mine: DILLON VISTA SUB LA Lot: 10 Block: 7 City: LA... Grantee: ROSEBERRY JAMES, ROSEBERRY PHYLLIS, ROSEBERRY HUNTER, ...
- Grantor: FRANCHINI MICHAEL S Legal: Sub/Mine: RAMSHORN 2ND ADD DU Lot: 5 Block: 15 City: DU..., Sub/Mine: RAMSHORN 2ND ADD DU Lot: 6 Block: 15 City: DU... Grantee: FRANCHINI MICHAEL S TRUSTEE, FRANCHINI MICHAEL S LIVING TRUST
- Grantor: BETZ SHELLEY A Legal: Sub/Mine: LANDER ORIGINAL TOWN OF LA Lot: 3 Block: 31 C..., Sub/Mine: LANDER ORIGINAL TOWN OF LA Lot: 2 Block: 31 C..., Sub/Mine: PATTENS ADD LA Lot: 3 Block: 31 City: LANDER, ... Grantee: BETZ HILARIE A, BETZ HILLARIE A Notes: WITH AFFIDAVIT ATTACHED