News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Oct 9, 2012 - Staff
Sterling J. Blackburn, 21, of Riverton, died Thursday, Oct. 4, in Riverton. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 11, at St. Stephens Catholic Church. Interment will follow at the Arapaho Catholic Cemetery in St. Stephens. A rosary will be at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 10, at St. Stephens Catholic Church, with a wake to follow at 100 C'Hair Lane.
William S. "Bill" Hancock, 83, of Pavillion, died Saturday, Oct. 6, at his home. Memorial services will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 10, at Davis Funeral Home with Pastor Dale Adams officiating. Cremation has taken place under the direction of Davis Funeral Home.
Anna Pearl Russell, 86, mother of Fremont County residents, died Wednesday, Sept. 19, from complications of pneumonia. Graveside services were Monday, Sept. 24, in Spanish Fork, Utah.
Pavillion Working Group Meeting, hosted by the Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality and the Wyoming Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, is at 9 a.m. in the Wind River Room at Central Wyoming College, Riverton. The public is encouraged to attend and will be given an opportunity to comment.
"Shoshone Wild!" Short Film and Discussion is at 6 p.m. in the Wind River Room at Central Wyoming College, Riverton. Event is free and open to the public. For more information, contact Sara at 455-2246 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Native American Women's Health Program Breast Cancer Awareness Walk is 10:30 a.m. to noon at Blue Sky Hall, Ethete. T-shirts will be given to the first 100 walkers. For more information, call Kassy at 332-6805.
Wind River Reservation Tribal Farmers Market is 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. in the post office parking lot, Fort Washakie.
Poe Short Story Discussion is at 7 p.m. in the Little Theater at the Lander Library, 200 Amoretti St., Lander. This week's stories: "Ulalume," "Annabel Lee," "Lenore" and "MS. Found in a Bottle."
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Steven Ervin, 54, of Hudson, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear.
- Michael Schmoll, 55, of Lander, was arrested on a warrant out of Lewis and Clark County in Montana.
- Kayleb Leseburg, 20, of Dubois, was cited for failing to report a traffic collision involving an injury. According to reports, Leseberg was the operator of a 2001 Ford Ranger that was overturned Saturday night or early Sunday morning on Soda Springs Drive in Dubois. Officials said an investigation into the incident revealed that Leseberg had rolled the vehicle, injuring one of his two male passengers. The men reportedly fled the area, returning later to tow the vehicle away. At about 4 p.m. Sunday, one of the passengers reportedly received care at Riverton Memorial Hospital for non-life-threatening injuries. The FCSO was contacted at that time and began an investigation into the matter. Deputies said they contacted Leseberg, who eventually led them to the site location of the collision.
- Kenneth Scott Woolsey, 47, of Lander, was arrested for simple assault/domestic violence at about 2:30 p.m. Monday in the 4000 block of Wyoming Highway 287 near Lander.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Marcus Brown, 33, of Riverton, was arrested for urinating in public, public intoxication and on a warrant for contempt of court at about 11:15 a.m. Saturday in the 100 block of South Broadway Avenue.
- Neil Templin, 49, of Riverton, was arrested for driving while under the influence at about 5:10 p.m. Saturday in the 200 block of East Main Street.
- Steven Amos, 41, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 7 p.m. Saturday at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He also was arrested for public intoxication at about 2:10 a.m. Monday, again at RMH.
- Joseph Twiss, 38, of Riverton, was arrested for shoplifting at about 7:20 p.m. Saturday in the 600 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Shelbie Lynn, 19, of Riverton, was arrested for minor under the influence and on a warrant for failure to appear at about 10:50 p.m. Saturday in the 400 block of West Main Street.
- Fredrick Hanway, 45, of Riverton, was arrested for domestic violence assault at about 2:15 a.m. Monday in the 100 block of Apache Avenue.
- Benjamin Wilson, 33, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant at about 10:15 a.m. Sunday in the 900 block of West Main Street.
- Clowry Means, 45, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 7:30 p.m. Sunday at Riverton Memorial Hospital.
- Richard Bebout, 49, of Riverton, was arrested for domestic violence assault at about 5:40 p.m. Monday in the 500 block of North Broadway Avenue.
- Michael Anderson, 33, of Riverton, was arrested for interference at about 6:30 p.m. Monday in the 900 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Cassandra Goggles, 40, of Riverton, was arrested on warrants for failure to appear at about 11 p.m. Monday in the 800 block of East Main Street.