Oct 11, 2012 - StaffDeaths
Royce W. Griffin, formerly of Riverton, died Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2012, at Memorial Hospital of Sweetwater County after a short illness. He was 52 years old.
Cremation has taken place at Fox Crematory, Rock Springs. A private memorial services will be at a later date.
Edward Earl Robeson, of Lander, died Tuesday, Oct. 9, in his home in Lander. A visitation will be 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 14, in the Chapel of Mount Hope, Hudson's Funeral Home. The visitation will continue at 9 a.m. Monday, Oct. 15, in the First Baptist Church, 339 Sweetwater, Lander, WY 82520, with the funeral service to begin at 10 a.m. Burial will follow in the Mount Hope Cemetery. A full obituary will be published at a later date.
Mug Club Party is at the Lander Bar, 126 Main St., Lander. Raise a pint at the Mug Club Party Oktoberfest style. "Landerfest" will be pouring to celebrate Lander Brewing Co's version.
Riverton Community Food Bank Benefit Auction is at 10 a.m. at the Heritage Hall at the Fremont County Fairgrounds, 705 Fairgrounds Road, Riverton. Items include: tools, home repair items, appliances, file cabinets, exercise equipment, beds, lighting supplies, Christmas decorations, gardening equipment, etc. For more information or to donate items, call 463-0141.
Fire Prevention Week and Education Event is 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Ace Hardware parking lot, 619 N. Federal Blvd., Riverton. Hot dogs, burgers and drinks will be available to purchase, and nine-volt batteries for smoke detectors will be $1. All funds will go to the fire department. Fire hats, badges, activity books and more will be free to the first 150 children.
Met Opera L'Elisir d' Amore is at 11 a.m. in the Lander Library's conference rooms A and B, 200 Amoretti St., Lander. Broadcast of Donizetti opera performance at the Met in HD. Donations at the door $5 student and $10 adult.
Annual Harvest Dinner is 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the First United Methodist Church, 262 N. Third St., Lander. Tickets for the meal will be sold at the door. A turkey dinner with dressing, salad, beverage and pie will be $10. Chili, pie and beverage will be $8. A silent auction will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. during the harvest dinner. Proceeds of the silent auction will benefit mission projects. Items with winning bids may be picked up after 1 p.m.
Movin' To End Breast Cancer is 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Renew Fitness Studio, 307 E. Main St., Riverton. Tickets are $8 in advance, $10 at the door. Party in Pink Zumbathon charity event will benefit Susan G. Komen For the Cure.
Oktoberfest Ole! 21st Annual Fall Celebration is at 6:30 p.m. in Dubois. The Jeff Troxel Trio will perform at 8 p.m. For more information, call 455-2243.
U.S. Army Concert Band and Soldiers' Chorus is at 7 p.m. at 350 Baldwin Creek Road, Lander. For ticket prices, visit www.landerconcerts.org.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Kaitlyn Mary Cavalli from Joseph Pete Cavalli. Joint custody of minor child. Wife's former name of Griffin restored.
Peggy Ann Brown-Clark from Roger Williams Clark. Wife's former name of Brown restored.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- No arrests were recorded during this timeframe.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Burgess Poorbear, 36, of Riverton, was arrested on municipal warrants at about 11:15 a.m. Wednesday at Riverton Memorial Hospital.
- Brent C'Hair, 39, of Riverton, was arrested on municipal warrants at about 4 p.m. Wednesday in the 200 block of North Smith Road.
- Grantor: CLEVELAND RONALD JAMES Legal: Sub/Mine: DECKER ADD LA Lot: 7 Block: 2 City: LANDER Grantee: CLEVELAND RONALD JAMES, CLEVELAND MARY LOU
- Grantor: LANDER CITY OF Legal: Quarter: SWNW Section: 17 Township: 33N Range: 99W , Sub/Mine: BUENA VISTA PARK ADDITION LA Lot: 3 Block: 179..., Sub/Mine: BUENA VISTA PARK ADDITION LA Lot: 4 Block: 179... Grantee: SPUR ENTERPRISES INC
- Grantor: SPUR ENTERPRISES INC Legal: Quarter: SWNW Section: 17 Township: 33N Range: 99W Grantee: LANDER CITY OF
- Grantor: COFFMAN MARC ALAN, COFFMAN APRIL DAWN Legal: Sub/Mine: EARL & FARLOW ADD LA Lot: 13 Block: 102 City:..., Sub/Mine: EARL & FARLOW ADD LA Lot: 14 Block: 102 City:... Grantee: BLAIR ANDREW J, KLANCHER JAQUELYN E Affected: 1280191 Grantor: GRIGG GARY F, GRIGG PAMALA S Legal: Section: 35 Township: 34n Range: 99w Lot: 3 Grantee: SAWYER CHAD K
- Grantor: TAYLOR SAMUEL R Legal: Quarter: SWSW Section: 15 Township: 38n Range: 94w , Quarter: SESW Section: 15 Township: 38n Range: 94w Grantee: TAYLOR STEVEN L, TAYLOR DIANNE D
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.