News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Oct 12, 2012 - Staff
Harry Thomas "Tom" Engavo, 56, died Tuesday, Oct. 9, at the Wyoming Medical Center in Casper. Traditional Native American services will be conducted by Arlen and Harrison Shoyo. The wake will be at 6 p.m. Friday, Oct. 12, at the residence of Vicki Engavo, 16 Grove Lane, Fort Washakie. Traditional Native American funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 13, at 16 Grove Lane in Fort Washakie, with burial to follow at the Engavo Cemetery located on North Fork in Fort Washakie. The feast will be at the Rocky Mountain Hall after the services and burial.
Virginia D. Porath, 52, died Sunday, Oct. 7, at Valley Hospital in Spokane, Wash. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 13, at Our Fathers House in Ethete with Sally Bubb officiating. An evening service and wake will be at 7 p.m. Friday, Oct. 12, at the Annette Crispin Bell residence, 712 Ethete Road. Interment will be In the Yellow Calf Cemetery.
Zumba With Melissa Garrett is at 6 p.m. at the Shoshoni Recreation District Building, 97 Maple Street, Shoshoni. Cost is $15 for six weeks or $3 a session.
Snapshot Day is Oct. 16 at the Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park Ave. The library wants to collect patron stories, take photos, patron video interviews and count patron numbers for Wyoming Library Snapshot Day to show the tremendous impact that the state's libraries have on Wyoming residents every single day. Join us at the Riverton Branch Library in celebrating a day in the life of a Wyoming library. Coffee and cookies will be served throughout the day. For more information, call the library at 856-3556.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Elizabeth J. Connally from Wesley W. Connally.
William Lynn Cowling from Riki Dawn Cowling. Wife's former name of Desmond restored.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Jeffrey Gilman, 25, of Lander, was arrested for driving under the influence.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Dana Eagle, 35, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 7:25 p.m. Thursday at City Park.
- Elizabeth Leftwich, 23, of Kinnear, was arrested for pedestrian under the influence at about 9:25 p.m. Thursday in the 100 block of North Broadway Avenue. Police were responding to a vandalism call, according to initial reports.
- Grantor: STANSFIELD JOSEPH K TRUSTEE, STANSFIELD JOSEPH K TRUST Legal: Section: 28 Township: 4N Range: 2E , Quarter: SENE Section: 28 Township: 4N Range: 2E , Quarter: SESW Section: 28 Township: 4N Range: 2E , ... Grantee: LR SMITH INVESTMENTS LLC Notes: TRACTS 5, 4 & 6 SEC 28 T4N R2E, TRACTS 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 AND 11 SEC 27 T4N R2E
- Grantor: BULOW PAM Legal: Quarter: SWSW Section: 15 Township: 38N Range: 94W , Quarter: SESW Section: 15 Township: 38N Range: 94W Grantee: TAYLOR STEVEN L, TAYLOR DIANNE D
- Grantor: TAYLOR SCOTT L Legal: Quarter: SWSW Section: 15 Township: 38N Range: 94W , Quarter: SESW Section: 15 Township: 38N Range: 94W Grantee: TAYLOR STEVEN L, TAYLOR DIANNE D
- Grantor: DOCKHAM LIVESTOCK COMPANY INC Legal: Half: N Quarter: SW Section: 22 Township: 3N Range: 1E , Quarter: NWSW Section: 22 Township: 3N Range: 1E , Quarter: NESW Section: 22 Township: 3N Range: 1E , ... Grantee: EVANS MICHAEL AARON, EVANS BETH MCKENNA
- Grantor: ORTEGA ANDREA Legal: Sub/Mine: VIRGINIA DALE ADD AMENDED PLAT RI Lot: 29 Bloc... Grantee: INGWERSON MICHAEL W
- Grantor: GEIKE LORAINE M Legal: Sub/Mine: CHATTERTON GLENN 1ST ADD RI Lot: 11 Block: 5 ... Grantee: PYATT KEVIN JOSEPH
- Grantor: FANNIE MAE, FEDERAL NATIONAL MORTGAGE ASSOCIATION Legal: Sub/Mine: BUFFALO BUTTES SUB DU Lot: 5 City: DUBOIS Grantee: LINDER JEROME J JR Notes: SPECIAL WARRANTY DEED RESTRICTIONS
- Grantor: MCALEENAN ROSS Legal: Sub/Mine: MC LAUGHLIN ADD RI Lot: 12 Block: 6 City: RIV... Grantee: REAL PROPERTIES LLC
- Grantor: PAULSON GARY L Legal: Half: E Section: 1 Township: 33n Range: 101w , Section: 6 Township: 33n Range: 100w Grantee: PAULSON GARY L TRUSTEE, PAULSON GARY L TRUST Notes: WITH EASEMENT
- Grantor: FEDERAL HOME LOAN MORTGAGE CORPORATION Legal: Sub/Mine: BI-CENTENNIAL ADD RI Lot: 13 Block: 1 City: R... Grantee: GRABOWSKI PATRICK N