News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Oct 23, 2012 - Staff
Milton Henry Harris Jr., 63, formerly of Riverton, died Sunday, Oct. 21, at his home in Layton, Utah. Graveside services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 25, at Mountain View Cemetery in Riverton. Viewing will be noon to 1:30 p.m. at Davis Funeral Home.
Carl L. Johnson, 66, died Saturday, Oct. 20, at his residence on Paradise Valley Road. His wishes were to be cremated with no services.
John D. Joiner, 88, formerly of Lander, died Saturday, Oct. 20, at the Cheyenne Healthcare Center. Cremation has taken place.
Linda King, 57, of Riverton, died Saturday, Oct. 20, at Help for Health Hospice Home. Services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 25, at Davis Funeral Home with Father Demetrio officiating. Interment will follow at Mountain View Cemetery.
Darwin D. "Waffo" Niedo, 64, died Thursday, Oct. 18, in his home in Crowheart. Services will be Wednesday, Oct. 24, in the Big Wind Hall in Crowheart, and a rosary will be at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 23.
Claudean "Otis" Trumbull, 52, of Arapahoe, died Thursday, Oct. 18, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. Services will be Wednesday, Oct. 24, at St. Stephen's Catholic Church, and Father Vincent Albano will officiate. Burial will follow at Arapaho Catholic Cemetery. A rosary will be at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 23, at Great Plains Hall with a wake following at 428 Little Wind River Bottom Road.
Wyoming Veterans Appointment is 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the Riverton VA Medical Clinic, 2300 Rose Lane, Riverton. Veterans can be helped with health care, Wyoming and federal benefits and VA disability/pension claim. For more information, call 438-2101.
Pavillion Air Quality Public Meeting is at 6 p.m. at the Wind River recreation center, 424 S. Main St., Pavillion. The Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality, Air Quality Division will be hosting a meeting over recent air quality data results in the Pavillion area.
CWC Candidate Forum, sponsored by the student senate and forensics team, is at 5 p.m. in the Little Theater at Central Wyoming College, Riverton. For more information, contact Josh House at 855-2257 or email@example.com.
Poe Short Story Discussion is at 7 p.m. in the Little Theater at the Lander Library, 200 Amoretti St., Lander. This week's story is "A Descent into the Maelström."
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Sarah Bellymule, 37, of Billings, Mont., was arrested for driving under the influence at about 8:30 p.m. Saturday near the 1500 block of East Monroe Avenue.
- Andrew Fisher, 26, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant out of Sweetwater County.
- Shanessa Ute, 19, of Ethete, was arrested for driving under the influence and no valid driver's license at about 8 a.m. Saturday in the 1700 block of Blue Sky Highway/Wyoming Highway 132.
- Jacob Arima, 29, of Riverton, was arrested for simple assault domestic violence battery at about 8 p.m. Monday on Zuber Road near Riverton.
- James Sandt, 41, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for probation revocation.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Clark Mendes, 22, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 2 a.m. Friday in the 600 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Edward Olmstead, 42, of Riverton, was arrested for assault at about 7:15 p.m. Friday in the 400 block of North Second Street West.
- Ronald Mitchell, 18, of Ethete, was arrested for contempt of court at about 10:15 p.m. Friday in the 200 block of West Main Street.
- Cody Breaux, 27, of Lake Charles, La., was arrested for driving under the influence and leaving the scene of an accident at about 12:30 a.m. Saturday in the 400 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Patrick Latray, 25, of Lander, was arrested for probation revocation at about 2:15 a.m. Saturday in the 700 block of East Main Street.
- Louis Norse, 27, of Riverton, was arrested for domestic violence assault at about 4:10 a.m. Saturday in the 1300 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Joseph Northcott, 27, of Riverton, was arrested for contempt of court at about 10:45 a.m. Saturday in the 600 block of Edith Street.
- Ardie LongSoldier, 42, of Riverton, was arrested for disturbing the peace at about 11:15 p.m. Sunday at the Fremont County Alcohol Crisis Center.
- Marland Underwood, 34, of Riverton, was arrested for domestic violence assault and breach of peace at about 11 a.m. Monday in the 400 block of North Seventh Street East.
- John Goodman, 18, of Arapahoe, was arrested for larceny, assault and minor in possession at about 10 p.m. Monday in the 600 block of North Federal Boulevard. With him was Jamie Goodman, 21, of Arapahoe, who was arrested for driving under the influence, no driver's license, no insurance and a warrant for failure to appear.