Oct 24, 2012 - StaffBirths
A son was born to Mariquin and Jeremy Mejorado, of Riverton, at 1:12 p.m. Sept. 1, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds, 4 ounces.
A son was born to Holly and Ed Newbold, of Lander, at 12:48 a.m. Sept. 20, 2012, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 13 ounces.
Shirley Ann Robertson Carter, 71, formerly of Wyoming, died Oct. 21, in Danville, Ky. Private services were held.
Darlene O. Sherek, 64, of Riverton, died Tuesday, Oct. 23, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. Memorial services were at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 30, at Trinity Lutheran Church.
Halloween Monster Mash Ball and Creature Feature Costume Contest is at Wind River Casino, 10269 HWY 789, Riverton. For more information, call 1-866-657-1604 or visit www.windriverhotelcasino.com.
Halloween Masquerade Adult/Student Volleyball Tournament is at 4:30 p.m. at the Swede Quam Gymnasium. Teams will consist of six players for four-on-four games. The entry fee is $50 a team. Admission is $1. Fundraiser is sponsored by the Fort Washakie school eighth-grade class. All proceeds and donations will benefit the eighth-grade trip. For more information, call the eighth-grade sponsors Donna Scott or Robert Davis at 332-2380.
Masquerade Fundraiser is 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the St. Stephens Keel Gym. Proceeds from the event will go toward a trip for St. Stephens eighth-graders. The first two drums will be paid.
Halloween Trail of Terror, presented by CWC student activities and the CWC theater department, is 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. in the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theatre parking lot at Central Wyoming College, Riverton. Tours begin every 20 minutes. CWC invites everyone to take a little guided tour around the campus. Do you dare? It's night, it's Halloween, and there are goblins on the grounds, specters in the shrubs, wraiths on the sidewalks and chills around every corner. Scary fun for the whole family. Admission is free.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Charles Ariks, 27, of Riverton, was arrested for contempt of court.
- Rebecca Baeder, 22, of Craig, Colo., was arrested for bond revocation.
- Michael Mason, 42, of Riverton, was arrested for contempt of court.
- Nathanial Williams, 18, of Lander, was arrested for bond revocation.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Rosalie Willow, 27, of Ethete, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 6:10 a.m. Tuesday at Riverton Memorial Hospital.
- Autumn Oldman, 20, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 9:30 a.m. Tuesday in the 1000 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Steven Oldman, 22, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication and on a warrant for failure to appear at about 6 p.m. Tuesday in the 3000 block of College Hill Drive.
- Grantor: STEVENS DOROTHY L Legal: Sub/Mine: CULVER ADD DU Lot: 9A City: DUBOIS, Sub/Mine: WARM SPRINGS ADD #3 DU Lot: 9A City: DUBOIS Grantee: IDEKER JEROME J, IDEKER LAURIE M
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.